The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Honestly don’t know name as player was not at club today  , Mark Kerr just said  deal is done and paperwork completed 

Sounds good and hopefully another piece of the jigsaw.

Literally just signed 2 minutes ago in Glasgow , will be announced when he comes to  Somerset on Monday/Tuesday, distinct possibility that the name will come out prior to then , but my feelings is when photo is ready  
Craig Bryson [emoji102]

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

With them having Ross Docherty and Stuart Bannigan in midfield it’ll be them at risk of injuries.

Highly likely. I remember Docherty once injured himself celebrating. I think he even took himself and Crawford out at Alloa once. My memory may be playing tricks on me - I'm sure Moff ending up playing in centre midfield.

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Honestly don’t know name as player was not at club today  , Mark Kerr just said  deal is done and paperwork completed 

Does the gaffer not use twitter? Get him to tweet it.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Have we got any bounce games lined up before we face Albion a Rovers? Am I right in thinking that players don’t currently need testing to train however if they were to participate in a bounce games against another club they would need tested?

We are playing bounce game  tomorrow ( Saturday ) 

Honestly think this signing will either be Bryson or Scougall, can't think of any other free agents in Scotland atm would be of this 'pedigree' trademark supposedly and be worth signing on a two year deal. Unless it's someone from down south who's been released or a kid been released from somewhere who knows.

In other news just seen because i was at work that St Mirren have lost 3 goalies due to positve tests/self isolation and are now scrambling about for an emergency loan because they have nobody and SPFL are insisting game must go ahead lol.

SPFL never fail to amaze me, similar to Raith having to end up playing Stevo in goals.

Edited by rb123!

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Honestly think this signing will either be Bryson or Scougall, can't think of any other free agents in Scotland atm would be of this 'pedigree' trademark supposedly and be worth signing on a two year deal. Unless it's someone from down south who's been released or a kid been released from somewhere who knows.

Honestly don't think it will be either. I hope to hell it isnt Bryson as he is done and heading for the glue factory

Players not getting a game in the Premiership, looking for game time will become available. Got my eyes peeled

Can't see it being Bryson if it's a two year deal with his injury record and age I'd very much doubt he'd get more than one year, the point of the two year deal is to get money for guys who have an outstanding season as much as it's having a steady squad, we ain't selling Bryson for big money at 34 even if he has the season of his life.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Can't see it being Bryson if it's a two year deal with his injury record and age I'd very much doubt he'd get more than one year, the point of the two year deal is to get money for guys who have an outstanding season as much as it's having a steady squad, we ain't selling Bryson for big money at 34 even if he has the season of his life.

It sounded like a 2 year deal can’t see it being Bryson if that’s the case , the length of the deal could be incorrect , the person relaying the message thought he said 2 years 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

It sounded like a 2 year deal can’t see it being Bryson if that’s the case , the length of the deal could be incorrect , the person relaying the message thought he said 2 years 

Your intel has been pretty much spot on Robbo. 👍

I hope it is a 2 year deal as its nice to have some continuity in the team. Also for young guys it gives us the chance of making a bit of money. 

Can’t see it being Bryson unless he’s completely knackered as still a bit above our level. For the wages he’d be on and the gaps still in our squad it would be a big gamble. More likely to be a non crocked player with a better chance of lasting the season injury free and can cover a few positions 

12 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Can’t see it being Bryson unless he’s completely knackered as still a bit above our level. For the wages he’d be on and the gaps still in our squad it would be a big gamble. More likely to be a non crocked player with a better chance of lasting the season injury free and can cover a few positions 

I think the guy can play attacking midfielder or forward 

Possibly Cammy Smith? See Dundee United just signed a creative midfielder, reckon Smith may be the guy who will be released. Can play attacking mid or striker. Would imagine we’d still be in for a striker after him if he was to be the player as it still leaves us short of the Drinan type target man. 

Hope it's an center forward, at the moment we only have Moore who is an out and out striker, lots of other guys who can link the play and score but we need that guy who can hold the ball up and bring others into play whilst getting a few goals himself.

Edited by Superhursy7