The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What do you need clarity on? The rules are inherently unified because it's all based on what the SPFL allows. The only thing not necessarily unified is the price of it and since officially clubs haven't been given the go ahead to confirm individual match streams will be allowed, they clearly can't publish pricing either.

This is partly an issue of lack of communication from my club, but, for a start, I don't know what the rules are, so clarity on them.

And clarity on whether I'll be able to watch away games; away fans, I presume, will be the last the be allowed back into grounds, so that seems pretty important to me.

I also don't know for certain as a season ticket whether I'll be entitled to stream home games as part of that season ticket if games are behind closed doors. It seems obvious that will be the case, but it hasn't been explicitly stated by the club.

Then what happens when some fans are allowed? Say 500. Then 1000. These are scenarios that some planning could be undertaken and communicated to supporters.

And I know it is absolutely pie in the sky to think the Championship clubs might come together and learn from the fragmented mess of the Premiership and offer something better to Championship (away) fans - single platform, consistent pricing structure etc. but I can but hope.

49 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

This is partly an issue of lack of communication from my club, but, for a start, I don't know what the rules are, so clarity on them.

Ok, I will do my best:

Rules - that's an open ended question but....

The base position is that clubs are not normally allowed to live stream within the UK. This is because the SPFL sells the exclusive UK broadcast rights to tv companies. Clubs can, and always have been allowed to, broadcast live streams to customers outside the UK. Some do, including Ayr I think. Some such as us never have as we never saw enough demand to warrant investing in the technology to do it. 

The SPFL have successfully negotiated with Sky and the BBC that while there are crowd restrictions clubs can provide a live stream to season ticket holders in the UK for games that are not broadcast live by Sky or the BBC. There is no guarantee that this will be available all season, its only as long as restrictions exist. However it seems likely it probably will be all or at least the majority of the season. Sky dont cover the Championship so we neednt worry about them. If its on BBC you cant stream it but why would anyone want to watch a stream over tv station coverage? 

It was only on the eve of the Premiership season that it was agreed clubs could also sell individual match streams to home and away fans who are not season ticket holders. Permission has not yet formally been given for Championship clubs to do the same but it seems inevitable it will be. HOWEVER, permission is not the same as mandating it. To my knowledge two clubs in the Premiership (Celtic and Hibs) have chosen not to make it available to individual purchasers as they see it as devaluing the season ticket. 

Selling of streams is entirely a matter for the home club. If they choose not to there is nothing the away club can do, though if there is a stream available to buy, the away club can provide their own commentary using the provided stream but all income from sales goes to the home club.

I will answer the rest of your queries in a separate post. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

51 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

I also don't know for certain as a season ticket whether I'll be entitled to stream home games as part of that season ticket if games are behind closed doors. It seems obvious that will be the case, but it hasn't been explicitly stated by the club.

Then what happens when some fans are allowed? Say 500. Then 1000. These are scenarios that some planning could be undertaken and communicated to supporters.

And I know it is absolutely pie in the sky to think the Championship clubs might come together and learn from the fragmented mess of the Premiership and offer something better to Championship (away) fans - single platform, consistent pricing structure etc. but I can but hope.

I think all Championship clubs have already confirmed non child season ticket holders will get free access to home streams but prepared to be corrected if anyone knows differently? 

I dont think any of them are providing a free stream to kids season ticket holders for very obvious reasons but again if anyone knows differently happy to hear it? We certainly are not providing it to Junior Blues.

Its inevitable that the first people allowed in if restricted crowds are allowed will be season ticket holders. What clubs do if they have more season ticket holders than first restricted numbers will be up to them. No point worrying about it till you know how many tickets are sold and what initial restrictions will be. Aberdeen are doing a lottery draw for their 750 this weekend I saw. No idea what County are doing.

Its absolute pie in the sky to expect a co-ordinated approach from Championship clubs to the service. Thats like saying they should all use the same bank! The SPFL has installed the Pixellot system at all Championship grounds (coincidentally) . Clubs are welcome to use it for the footage and to piggy back their streaming service to provide the stream if they wish (at a significant cost) but at least half the clubs, including Ayr, already live stream their own games abroad and have existing relationships with streaming companies they are presumably happy with. They cant seriously be expected to rip up those contracts so they can take part in a single platform, single price structure, group deal. Hearts charge up to £30 for a match ticket, we charge £18. The chances of an agreed single price streaming charge across the league are pretty remote. At the end of the day home clubs keep the money, its up to home clubs how to price it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

7 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Or how about instead of using a developing country like Brazil for an example, we look at a comparable developed country like Sweden. They have pretty much nailed it. Instead of mass lockdown restrictions, they went for heard immunity and the figures are now showing that it worked..

This isn't true. Sweden has suffered far more cases and deaths per capita than its neighbours who locked down effectively, like Denmark.

7 hours ago, Iain said:

This isn't true. Sweden has suffered far more cases and deaths per capita than its neighbours who locked down effectively, like Denmark.

I'm not sure that was Ayr123s point. He said figures not necessarily deaths. I imagine he was talking about new cases?

Where Denmark is now at its highest daily case rate since April (as most countries who locked down are). Its actually the worse Nordic country for daily cases at this point in time.

Also fwiw, its too simplistic to describe Sweden's approach as herd immunity. They have taken the view that covid-19 is here for the long term. They didn't lockdown but they do have social distancing guidelines. Its not like they've been feckless - one of my colleagues is Swedish so I'm going on what they have said.

With this disease there is no one size fits all approach and comparing different countries is fraught as there are too many variables that can impact the data and a like for like comparison.

In other news, I’m nearly finished my second drawing from Somerset Park - it’s going to be a cracker - even if I do say so myself.

It’s one of the Somerset Road End.

I’ve managed to raise over £100 for the AU500 fund so far with the previous artwork sales [emoji106]

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think all Championship clubs have already confirmed non child season ticket holders will get free access to home streams but prepared to be corrected if anyone knows differently? 

I dont think any of them are providing a free stream to kids season ticket holders for very obvious reasons but again if anyone knows differently happy to hear it? We certainly are not providing it to Junior Blues.

Its inevitable that the first people allowed in if restricted crowds are allowed will be season ticket holders. What clubs do if they have more season ticket holders than first restricted numbers will be up to them. No point worrying about it till you know how many tickets are sold and what initial restrictions will be. Aberdeen are doing a lottery draw for their 750 this weekend I saw. No idea what County are doing.

Its absolute pie in the sky to expect a co-ordinated approach from Championship clubs to the service. Thats like saying they should all use the same bank! The SPFL has installed the Pixellot system at all Championship grounds (coincidentally) . Clubs are welcome to use it for the footage and to piggy back their streaming service to provide the stream if they wish (at a significant cost) but at least half the clubs, including Ayr, already live stream their own games abroad and have existing relationships with streaming companies they are presumably happy with. They cant seriously be expected to rip up those contracts so they can take part in a single platform, single price structure, group deal. Hearts charge up to £30 for a match ticket, we charge £18. The chances of an agreed single price streaming charge across the league are pretty remote. At the end of the day home clubs keep the money, its up to home clubs how to price it.

Thanks SD... I'll take from the length of your two replies there is a need for some more clarity 😉

And as far as I'm concerned, Ayr haven't confirmed non child season ticket holders will get free access to home streams. 

13 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Thanks SD... I'll take from the length of your two replies there is a need for some more clarity 😉

And as far as I'm concerned, Ayr haven't confirmed non child season ticket holders will get free access to home streams. 

I think it's as clear as it can be at the moment but some clubs have certainly been more clear than others. I don't think either of our own clubs have been particularly clear with their own publication to be honest. I just read Ayr's season ticket announcement.

Due to the ongoing situation surrounding Covid-19, we are unable to guarantee the way in which games will go ahead in the 2020/21 Season. We may have games played behind closed doors, which will be streamed, games with reduced crowds due to social distancing and ‘normal’ games with no crowd restrictions.

It's certainly open to interpretation a little but I'm presuming the implication of that in Ayr's season ticket information page is that season ticket holders will get a stream if not allowed in.

Ours was a bit clearer but tucked away in a general narrative piece of news that was easily missed:

A season ticket card holder would still purchase their “normal” seat, in their favourite stand, but could only be sure of being able to sit in that specific seat when we are operating without any restrictions. In the case of a ‘socially distanced’ stadium, all season ticket card holders would have priority access to a seat. In the event that a small number of matches are played behind closed doors at the start of the campaign, all full paying adult and concession season ticket card holders will be provided with a free, live stream of the match delivered by a new camera system which will be installed in all Championship grounds for the season.

4 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I wouldn't expect any further recruitment now it appears we can't get in on October 17th. The money has to come from somewhere.

I don’t believe we’ve been signing players on the basis we’d be able to get in this side of Christmas never mind October. I’m sure the board will have had a plan in place. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I don’t believe we’ve been signing players on the basis we’d be able to get in this side of Christmas never mind October. I’m sure the board will have had a plan in place. 

100% this.

Even the most optimistic of us were doubting that we'd all be back in stadiums for he season starting and I'm pretty sure our board will have carried out risk assessments based on a "worst case scenario" basis.

4 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

They may have been planning for a certain number of season tickets sold though. Yesterday won't have encouraged people to purchase them.

Undoubtedly this must be true. However, as has been stated the Board will be working off a worse case scenario and will have funding earmarked to cover how things actually transpire. I doubt the current reality is anywhere near that worse case. If it was then it would be time to be concerned.

35 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

They may have been planning for a certain number of season tickets sold though. Yesterday won't have encouraged people to purchase them.

Not so sure , yesterday instore we sold more season tickets than any one day in last 2 weeks , 

Just now, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I tell you what, I'll be giving the terracing a slobbery wet kiss when we're finally allowed back in.

You'll no be allowed back in if you do that!

That doesn’t sound very covid compliant to me! Unless you do it through your mask! 🤣