The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

GK

Houston Bell Baird Reading

Muirhead Murdoch 

Walsh McCowan Zanatta

ST

Subs: Hare-Reid, Miller, Roscoe, Kerr, Moffat, Moore, McKenzie

Would say that looks like our strongest starting 11. Keeper/striker and maybe another midfielder away from a completed squad I would say. 

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

He's an average Championship centre back who's lacking in positional sense and prone to costly lapses in concentration. Put him beside a better centre back who can talk him through games or cover for his mistakes and he'd improve considerably, but we had him beside a parade of clowns so those mistakes were a regular feature.

Despite those flaws he was still our best centre back by a mile due to the competition, and our only centre backs currently are two of the aforementioned clowns in 800 year old Brian McLean and all round joke figure Sean McGinty so we'll certainly be back in for him. If half the Championship are after him now he's been mutally consented we'll likely be comfortably outbid though.

Put this in the St Mirren thread where D'Jaffo was asking. Put him beside a better centre back and he'll be fine, otherwise he's going to be error prone but still passable.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Shows you how much Premiership games I watch 😂 don’t remember him from when they were in the championship either 

Don't think he played much for them once they got promoted. Fair play though. He's probably as decent as any centre back available at the moment. I'd have taken him.

The only one who would fit that description is Bell. Actually something he's very good at.

Put this in the St Mirren thread where D'Jaffo was asking. Put him beside a better centre back and he'll be fine, otherwise he's going to be error prone but still passable.

Played 42 games apparently after promotion although I dunno how many of them he started. I think it’s fair to say this is his level just now but it’s as good a signing as I would’ve hoped for for that position.

GK and a striker and we’ll be good to go.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Don't think he played much for them once they got promoted. Fair play though. He's probably as decent as any centre back available at the moment. I'd have taken him.

He sounds a good addition. Definitely pleased to have a defender in and maybe he’ll be the new Jamie Adams in my affections 🤣

Very good solid signing, great age and already got loads of experience, both at this level and the level above.

Going by the signings we've made so far, I've got every faith that we'll be signing a quality keeper and striker and it looks like a sign of intent has been thrown down by our board.

That’s a great signing for Ayr, so long as you play Jack with a more experienced centre back alongside him he’ll be solid.  

No nonsense old fashioned type centre half, but gives it his all in every game. Great servant to St Mirren and I wish him luck at his new club.

Edited by glenburn bud

3 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I'm predicting Drinan (more in hope than expectation right enough)

Ipswich are playing a league cup match tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if he is involved. If he isn’t then Here we Go as Fabrizio Romano would say. 

On 04/09/2020 at 15:23, glenburn bud said:

That’s a great signing for Ayr, so long as you play Jack with a more experienced centre back alongside him he’ll be solid.  

No nonsense old fashioned type centre half, but gives it his all in every game. Great servant to St Mirren and I wish all the best.

Played in some f'kin awful Saints sides but was a regular in our Championship winning side and the Great Escape Mk II in the Premiership the following season - word of warning, he seemed to have the same flaws at 23 when he was loaned out as when he was 20/21. 

Great servant to St Mirren and I wish him all the best.

Edited by btb