The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As I said a couple of weeks ago, I think hitting 1000 season tickets in these circumstances will be a good result. A lot of people will be holding off due to uncertainty. Which is why comparisons to prior seasons don't provide much of a yard stick. Neither do Raith, having won the league they'll be getting a bounce as a result as we did when we won League 1.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats the game I was on about, their first home game not on Sky was last weekend against Motherwell. They didnt sell PPV for it, stating they wanted to "protect their season ticket holders". Neither home or away fans in the UK could watch the match without a season ticket (ignoring IPTV/VPN use).

I meant Hibs home game v Motherwell, not Celtic's. Hibs opening game was against Kilmarnock which they didn't sell PPV for. Their second home game was a 0-0 draw with Motherwell which wasn't live on Sky either. I'm querying whether they sold PPV for it? Their 3rd home game was v Aberdeen but was live on Sky so they wouldn't be allowed PPV.

I appreciate the Celtic game you were talking about was v Motherwell also.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I meant Hibs home game v Motherwell, not Celtic's. Hibs opening game was against Kilmarnock which they didn't sell PPV for. Their second home game was a 0-0 draw with Motherwell which wasn't live on Sky either. I'm querying whether they sold PPV for it? Their 3rd home game was v Aberdeen but was live on Sky so they wouldn't be allowed PPV.

I appreciate the Celtic game you were talking about was v Motherwell also.

Ah sorry.

Im sure the Hibs v Motherwell game was on Sky.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Was it? 🤔 Maybe it was. It was a Saturday so I blindly assumed it wasn't. I'd have been at work though so maybe I just didn't notice.

skysports-sky-sports-scottish-premiership_5031618.png.e5005b7e5ba461b9f0aa702805a468af.png

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

My first reaction was to be totally shocked at having around 400 season tickets sold. 

I suppose its the old chicken and egg scenario but for a full time club in the second top league of the country, it's not great. However you want to dress it up. 

Depends on what you see the floor and ceiling of the club as being.

Disappointingly and alarmingly, maybe that's what we've become over not so many years. 

Its only natural that people will draw comparisons with the sales figures of "similarly" sized clubs. Hopefully the club are doing the same. 

Reality check of what we probably now are. 

I was shocked it was as many tbh! A lot of people won’t want to buy season tickets without knowing they’ll get to the majority of the games. A household for example will gain nothing from paying for season tickets and gaining access to PPV when realistically it would only need one person in the household to have a season ticket and they’d all be able to watch the game. With furlough also coming to an end and job uncertainty I’m pleasantly surprised that 400 season tickets have been sold with 6 weeks left until kick off 

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not relevant to the discussion at all, but the Sky games have been absolute dog shit so far 

Whole start of the season has been like that. Can tell players are rusty after having so long out, then a lack of fans seems to genuinely affect the tempo. Some sides have started slow as f**k, so the leagues a bit weird as some poorer sides have started quicker and picked up early results.

You've still got all this fun to come.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whole start of the season has been like that. Can tell players are rusty after having so long out, then a lack of fans seems to genuinely affect the tempo. Some sides have started slow as f**k, so the leagues a bit weird as some poorer sides have started quicker and picked up early results.

Yeah this. I've not seen anything like all the games but I haven't seen a good one yet. I understand why it's the case but when we're currently the only game in town on Sky it's unfortunate the football hasn't been better.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah you’re right, it’s been a disappointing start. If Prem games have been so bad I really dread any behind closed doors Championship PPVs 😞 

6 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Ayr have not leaked any  information that only season ticket holders will get the games , they have stated if you buy a season ticket and games were streamed your ticket would cover the stream , which is totally different to what you are trying to say , no club in the Championship has announced that there will be a PPV option yet , but things could change  at anytime 

Where have they stated this, Robbo?

8 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Where have they stated this, Robbo?

On the official site on the page explaining how to buy your season ticket ( it’s the part where it says games will be streamed although I agree it could be worded a little better  )  it’s been stated that ALL clubs season ticket holders will be able to stream games as part of the season ticket package until full crowds are allowed in 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Will us foreigners be able to stream all season or are clubs just going to stop it as soon as fans get in?

The rules for overseas streaming are different to domestic, effectively they havent changed.

It will be up to individual clubs to decide. I imagine it will come down to demand versus the cost of the on-going use of the camera and streaming service.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

it’s been stated that ALL clubs season ticket holders will be able to stream games as part of the season ticket package until full crowds are allowed in 

Are Ayr allowing kids season tickets a stream? I havent seen anyone else doing so but I havent looked into it at length. I know certainly plenty are not. We certainly arent.

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

On the official site on the page explaining how to buy your season ticket ( it’s the part where it says games will be streamed although I agree it could be worded a little better  )  it’s been stated that ALL clubs season ticket holders will be able to stream games as part of the season ticket package until full crowds are allowed in 

It doesn’t state that at all though. It just says that games behind closed doors will be streamed, absolutely nothing saying to say a season ticket covers it.

You obviously know your stuff so I’m happy to take your word for it but plenty of Ayr fans who don’t read P&B probably don’t know this.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Are Ayr allowing kids season tickets a stream? I havent seen anyone else doing so but I havent looked into it at length. I know certainly plenty are not. We certainly arent.

Not seen anything yet with the full terms and conditions , think we will be the same as you , but need to wait for official confirmation 

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It doesn’t state that at all though. It just says that games behind closed doors will be streamed, absolutely nothing saying to say a season ticket covers it.

You obviously know your stuff so I’m happy to take your word for it but plenty of Ayr fans who don’t read P&B probably don’t know this.

Yes , I agree with you , the wording could have been better  , the other point though is that it has been mentioned on all social media sites that ALL clubs season ticket holders will get streaming as part of their package until full crowds are allowed back  ( not sure why people would think that Ayr would be exempt )  ( although it has not said if it’s only Adults or if kids ticket is included ) 

Edited by Robbo63