The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Did we start training today? Seen a few clubs in the league post pictures etc but nothing from us as of yet. 

Yes we started today , training outside of Ayr as we can’t train at our usual place due to being adjacent to school  , also some work being carried out at stadium , 

The striker we do bring in needs to be in the same sort of mould as Drinan imo. A big target man type to hold it up for the 3 behind him. 

Yeah I think it will be. We’ve been linked with Dowds and Drinan so far so my guess is whoever we sign will be of that type.

Robby McCrorie to be called up to the senior national team i see, interesting, wouldn't say he's any better than Doohan. 

Main difference is though McCrorie is playing while Doohan is warming the bench. Still believe Celtic fucked up sending him to Ross County because Laidlaw is impressive so he won't be dropped unless injured. 

Annoys me to see a wasted talent like Ross sitting up there on the bench when he should be playing each week. 

Robby McCrorie to be called up to the senior national team i see, interesting, wouldn't say he's any better than Doohan. 
Main difference is though McCrorie is playing while Doohan is warming the bench. Still believe Celtic fucked up sending him to Ross County because Laidlaw is impressive so he won't be dropped unless injured. 
Annoys me to see a wasted talent like Ross sitting up there on the bench when he should be playing each week. 

McCrorie is ahead of Doohan right now because he had a better season last year. There’s also a clearer path for him at Rangers whereas I don’t see Doohan getting a chance for Celtic.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Signed for Alloa.

Not surprising as his dad is the manager at Alloa..not sure we would have been interested in him anyway..he would have been another work in progress (only played 52 senior games for Clyde). Think it's a position where we need a tried and tested senior pro. However, hard they may  be to find.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Robby McCrorie is a better keeper than Doohan all day, every day. Doohan is, probably, a better keeper than Ross Laidlaw. He will get his chance at County sooner or later.

McCrorie has the joint worst goals conceded record in the top flight and is sitting bottom of the league. Surely he’s not quite ready for international football? Liam Kelly, Jon McLaughlin and David Marshall are surely the obvious 3?

Edited by callum-ayr

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Robby McCrorie is a better keeper than Doohan all day, every day. Doohan is, probably, a better keeper than Ross Laidlaw. He will get his chance at County sooner or later.

I think you'll need to show your workings there.the simpsons episode 21 GIF

9 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

McCrorie has the joint worst goals conceded record in the top flight and is sitting bottom of the league. Surely he’s not quite ready for international football? Liam Kelly, Jon McLaughlin and David Marshall are surely the obvious 3?

Yeah, I doubt he will be called up to the full squad just yet. He's not far off it though. Playing regularly in the Premiership puts him in with a shout. 

Going by transfer market, Ross Doohan has played 80 senior matches for Ayr and conceded 90 goals. McCrorie has played 61 senior games for Berwick, Morton, QOS and Livi conceding 80. Not sure on the reliability of these stats as that seems very high for both, Doohan particularly considering he kept 20 odd clean sheets in his first season. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Going by transfer market, Ross Doohan has played 80 senior matches for Ayr and conceded 90 goals. McCrorie has played 61 senior games for Berwick, Morton, QOS and Livi conceding 80. Not sure on the reliability of these stats as that seems very high for both, Doohan particularly considering he kept 20 odd clean sheets in his first season. 

Off the top of my head he conceded 5 away to both QoS and Hibs which wipes out almost half of those clean sheets so it's probably around right.