The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Nah Hazard has a permanent move to Accrington lined up so it won’t be him either.

Ah oh well who knows then, a Kerr surprise....

Highly likely it'll be someone from down south, hopefully work out better than our last goalie from down south....

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Would anyone be happy if we went left field and got a GK from the “juniors”? Obviously I’m thinking of the now annual Andy Leishman talk

We're now an established Full time Championship club with aspirations of being in the top 3, it would also appear that we're doing ok financially (relatively speaking) as such I think we should be aiming a bit higher than the Motherwell 3rd choice youngster or a bloke from the Juniors as our prospective number 1.

Personally I'd rather see us giving Ellis a chance as opposed to someone else's untried youngster, unless of course they're coming with a big pedigree and exceptional potential such as Doohan had when he appeared.

Let's be honest, there's no point in signing guys like Walsh and Zanatta when all the good work gets undone by having a bombscare between the sticks.

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We're now an established Full time Championship club with aspirations of being in the top 3, it would also appear that we're doing ok financially (relatively speaking) as such I think we should be aiming a bit higher than the Motherwell 3rd choice youngster or a bloke from the Juniors as our prospective number 1.

Personally I'd rather see us giving Ellis a chance as opposed to someone else's untried youngster, unless of course they're coming with a big pedigree and exceptional potential such as Doohan had when he appeared.

Let's be honest, there's no point in signing guys like Walsh and Zanatta when all the good work gets undone by having a bombscare between the sticks.

As much as Ferguson was Motherwell’ third choice it’s not as if he is an inexperienced youngster. Played over 60 times for Airdrie. 

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Most of this post is a complete contradiction of itself...

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Would anyone be happy if we went left field and got a GK from the “juniors”? Obviously I’m thinking of the now annual Andy Leishman talk

No thank you. Signing juniors gives me the fear and horrible flashbacks to the two Rabs! Never again!

daniel radcliffe no GIF

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Funnily enough though Reece Cole follows us. As does Barjonas (sigh)

I’d take Cole. Partick fans thought he was decent but I don’t think he was particularly useful in a relegation battle.

Thought some randomer made an account to come on here last week and claimed we were signing this Reece Cole for a wind up. 

Him and Barjonas are two similar players so we'll not be getting both if either come on board. No idea who'd be better

Thought some randomer made an account to come on here last week and claimed we were signing this Reece Cole for a wind up. 
Him and Barjonas are two similar players so we'll not be getting both if either come on board. No idea who'd be better

Cole imo.

Barjonas is an empty jersey 99% of the time.

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

No thank you. Signing juniors gives me the fear and horrible flashbacks to the two Rabs! Never again!

daniel radcliffe no GIF

The junior keeper being referred to will be better than the Ayr United back up and the two Rabs had no options other than bring in Juniors due to the financial state of the club at that time...the bulk of the players were on 50 quid a week and both Rabs weren't on much more..no manager before or after would have done any better than those two lads given the restrictions that were placed on them...maybe they should be commended for keeping the club alive during those desperate times.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Cole imo.

Barjonas is an empty jersey 99% of the time.

Can’t say I know much about Cole other than Thistle fans really rated him. Would he be able to play beside Murdoch in a 4-2-3-1 formation?