The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A statement I have since said I got wrong so not sure what your point is. 

Anyways, we expecting a Terrific Thursday or Friyay this week? 

You're mostly always wrong I think is the point 🤣

1 minute ago, malkyshotton said:

Anymore talk like this and a certain tedious QOTS poster will be on here to give you into bother!

Just you to be honest. I'm not sure what you didn't get about the need for all Scottish sides to pause and not sign anyone on Tuesday before there was clarification as to whether the Govt was going to allow football to continue at all. Everyone else seemed to understand it fine. She's let it go on for now so carry right on with whatever "yay" you want to do.

Despite the bravely borne mental trauma of supporting QOS,  Drifter is generally one of the most informative and sensible  posters on P&B.  Not a high bar right enough, but still.  As a long standing AU supporter, I can empathise with the trauma. My shrink reckons it's really too deeply embedded now to do much about it.  It's a kind of incurable masochistic personality disorder.

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The return to training delayed a further week so it’ll be the 24th we come back instead of the 17th.

At the absolute earliest !! Any further breaches take place between now and that date will result in further extension 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

At the absolute earliest !! Any further breaches take place between now and that date will result in further extension 

I understand why, and it just underlines what I said a couple of days ago about return at all being on a knife edge, but it's a bit harsh that lower league clubs are now having to reorganise training plans on 3 days notice because of breaches by Premiership players while the Premiership clubs can carry on training unaffected.

I've still got a niggling worry that they will cancel the lower league season completely.  Danny Denholm had a few tweets about it recently pointing out that any league with part time players can't go into 'bubbles' etc, which seem to be an absolute set in stone requirement of the Premier League going ahead (hence the backlash of the Aberdeen guys going to pub)

Obviously I'm hopefully being ridiculously pessimistic but it would take quite a swing in 2 months for our season to start at all. 

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

The return to training delayed a further week so it’ll be the 24th we come back instead of the 17th.

It’s Celtic and Aberdeen that break the rules and it seems to be the lower league clubs who suffer. 

27 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I've still got a niggling worry that they will cancel the lower league season completely.  Danny Denholm had a few tweets about it recently pointing out that any league with part time players can't go into 'bubbles' etc, which seem to be an absolute set in stone requirement of the Premier League going ahead (hence the backlash of the Aberdeen guys going to pub)

Obviously I'm hopefully being ridiculously pessimistic but it would take quite a swing in 2 months for our season to start at all. 

I think the hoops they are making football jump through to are too much tbh.

Why do footballers need to be in a bubble, why do they need tested?

Why do people who work in non essential shops not need to be in a bubble, why do they not need to be tested? 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any further breaches and the season will be paused. 

Too many players out there think they are above the rules and guidelines , government will put a stop to football if the R rate continues to rise or guidelines are not being adhered to, its almost a given that more players will get caught flaunting the guidelines 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Why do people who work in non essential shops not need to be in a bubble, why do they not need to be tested? 

I agree with your thoughts , but the players and clubs signed up to the rules and guidelines to allow football to start , you would expect them to follow them for more than 1 week before breaching them 

Completely agree. Cynically I'd suggest going after footballers is an easy win in terms of political capital but is woefully inconsistent with other industries. For example, the rise in cases appears to coincide with the opening of indoor hospitality yet there is no significant consequence for that sector.

What is often ignored or forgotten about is that while football may be a hobby for most of us, it's these players livliehoods. It seems completely unfair to potentially make dozens of guys unemployed in order to punish a few individuals and appease the masses, if they were to cancel the football season as a result of breaches.

Make an example of Celtic and Aberdeen, forfeit their points for the games that have to be postponed. That way l clubs may take a much stronger stance in terms of discipline of their squad. Unfortunately the SFA or SPFL lack the strength of leadership to take such action.