The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I hope that Geggan stays.

I just couldn’t stand him coming back to Somerset having been picked up by another championship team.

It was bad enough when he left the last time.

Also, it was bad enough losing Jamie Adams.

Player until he retires, then coach - make it happen.

38 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

So what can we expect

At championship level he was slow and poor in the tackle, he was usually pressed before he could get a pass away as well, you would expect him to be better two divisions down with team mates who are largely above the level they are playing at though so it might be the re-making of him.  

At championship level he was slow and poor in the tackle, he was usually pressed before he could get a pass away as well, you would expect him to be better two divisions down with team mates who are largely above the level they are playing at though so it might be the re-making of him.  

Fair enough, we’ll just have to wait and see then

5 hours ago, Trogdor said:

A central defender is a must.

In centre mid you have both Bell and Muirhead who can be deployed there. Not ideal but you have cover. At centre back there is none and invariably Muirhead and Bell will be unavailable at the same time this season.

I can't see us getting another CB tbh cause we ran with those 3 CB's last season plus with smaller squad doubt budget will allow for 4th CB.

Might provide opportunity for younger guys like Nathan Baird who's a CB and took all the POTY awards at Cumnock for last seasons loan spell. Wouldn't be against having him as cover if it allowed for a better signing in another area of the park.

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

I can't see us getting another CB tbh cause we ran with those 3 CB's last season plus with smaller squad doubt budget will allow for 4th CB.

Might provide opportunity for younger guys like Nathan Baird who's a CB and took all the POTY awards at Cumnock for last seasons loan spell. Wouldn't be against having him as cover if it allowed for a better signing in another area of the park.

With all due to respect to your post and Cumnock, its a massive step up from there to a team aiming to be in the top half of the Championship. 

In saying all of that, I sincerely hope you're right. 

9 hours ago, NathanQP said:

So what can we expect

It's probably hard to judge him properly as he hadn't played since October when we signed him in January, and of course the season ended before the middle of March. He certainly struggled with match fitness and didn't feature all that often. He can deliver a killer pass, as was evidenced in the cup against St Johnstone.

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

With all due to respect to your post and Cumnock, its a massive step up from there to a team aiming to be in the top half of the Championship. 

In saying all of that, I sincerely hope you're right. 

These guys have to start somewhere. Especially in the current climate, it’s good he’s been out and got game time. I doubt we’ll be the only ones relying on youth players to bulk up our squad.

On Gillespie I think he’s being harshly treated. He came in probably not match fit and only played a handful of games, could be a shrewd signing at QP. 

44 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

These guys have to start somewhere. Especially in the current climate, it’s good he’s been out and got game time. I doubt we’ll be the only ones relying on youth players to bulk up our squad. 

Agree totally but if he'd been out on loan in L2 or L1 and done well then it stands to reason you'd have more confidence in him contributing in the Championship. 

That's all I'm saying, Ive never seen him play, but the very best of luck to him if he gets opportunities. 

Players from the academy making the grade should be a big part of our identity as a club. 

So we’re looking for a tall midfielder that can attack and defend and maybe chip in with a handful of goals?

Can we not just bring Jamie Adams back and dope him up on painkillers every Saturday.
Jamie Adams has signed for Creetown Football Club this morning

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Must admit I find the Jamie Adams love in slightly cringy. No doubt he was a decent enough player for us but there’s plenty more who have done more and get no where near the same attention. 

Newton Stewart fan found.

Must admit I find the Jamie Adams love in slightly cringy. No doubt he was a decent enough player for us but there’s plenty more who have done more and get no where near the same attention. 

Not having that.

He was part of two promotion winning sides, one of which was the first league win for 20 years and he was a crucial player in both sides. Had countless injuries for us but would’ve ran through a brick wall if he needed to. Obviously he’s remembered as a bit of a shithouse but imo he was our best player behind the 3 strikers the year we won the league.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not having that.

He was part of two promotion winning sides, one of which was the first league win for 20 years and he was a crucial player in both sides. Had countless injuries for us but would’ve ran through a brick wall if he needed to. Obviously he’s remembered as a bit of a shithouse but imo he was our best player behind the 3 strikers the year we won the league.

In fairness it might just be people referring to him as “the big farmer”  that makes my blood boil.