The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Goalkeeper, Striker, Holding Midfielder and Centre back is what I think we need. 

We have plenty of them I think, I’d say we’re more in need of a box-to-box and/or goal scoring type.

Agree on the rest though.

Seem to say that every season, along with some tall buggers.

So we’re looking for a tall midfielder that can attack and defend and maybe chip in with a handful of goals?

Can we not just bring Jamie Adams back and dope him up on painkillers every Saturday.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So we’re looking for a tall midfielder that can attack and defend and maybe chip in with a handful of goals?

Can we not just bring Jamie Adams back and dope him up on painkillers every Saturday.

I'd settle for winning headers in the middle of the park

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

What is necessary is clubs taking a stronger stance and potentially sacking players that break the rules from now on.

You know as well as I do that'd never happen matey, the only reason it's being mooted for Boli is because he's shite. If that was Edouard do you reckon it'd be entertained for a second? 

Likewise for Ayr Murdoch wouldn't be getting released ever, whereas Hair-Reid? Etc etc

You know as well as I do that'd never happen matey, the only reason it's being mooted for Boli is because he's shite. If that was Edouard do you reckon it'd be entertained for a second? 

Likewise for Ayr Murdoch wouldn't be getting released ever, whereas Hair-Reid? Etc etc

If Andy Murdoch broke the rules and went out and jeopardised the chance for clubs in Scotland to return to football thereby putting some of them at threat of going out the game and stopping a lot of players from earning a living then yes, I’d say get rid.

I’m annoyed with the idiots up in Aberdeen and I’m annoyed with Bolingoli but I’ll be absolutely raging if an Ayr player breaks the rules.

Edit: I agree though that this is all very unrealistic. However the player should at least face a suspension.

20 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Seem to say that every season, along with some tall buggers.

I think the Geggan we all know and love would be perfect for completing off the midfield. Can get up and down the park and chips in with his share of goals. Sadly we haven’t seen that for the last year and a half really.

I really hope we haven’t let go of him without putting out an update though.

A central defender is a must.

In centre mid you have both Bell and Muirhead who can be deployed there. Not ideal but you have cover. At centre back there is none and invariably Muirhead and Bell will be unavailable at the same time this season.

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I really hope we haven’t let go of him without putting out an update though.

I doubt we have or would do that. Given hes had two spells and been a fan favourite/cult figure he will get a good send off.

I expect we are maybe keeping him on furlough on his existing terms for as long as possible to assess our options? Not sure how long you can extend to in football. Its complicated by player registration. Skyline can probably advise if that would actually be do-able. 

57 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With regards to Andy Geggan in particular it would be really poor form from the club if they don’t even acknowledge him if/when he leaves. Also if he’s been offered any sort of deal from ourselves then it’s strange that the club haven’t announced it. 

When the time comes the club will announce the Geggan situation,  players return on 17th and currently he has not left the club so until he does or stays there is nothing to announce 

1 hour ago, Jazzar said:

Hand in the air here - I liked Geggan a lot and especially when he weighed in with a few important goals every now and then. I loved his goal celebration against THEM and that's still a great memory for me. He is/was streetwise for this league and was part of the team that scudded DU at Tannadice. Sadly, for him and me, I think his time has come - he was subbed too many times last season and that tells its own story.   

If you look at our results over the last few seasons with Geggan in the team compared to when he's been out, I think it would show how important he's been. I'm not averse to him staying on as a back up.

There's no way the club won't acknowledge him if/when he goes.  That photo against Killie alone makes him a legend.