The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Kerr did speak about the importance of replacing himself in the squad and as decent a signing as Miller is I think he’s more there to replace Geggan and Docherty.

If we could pick up an experienced midfielder to play alongside Murdoch then then I’d be pretty happy with the shape of the squad going into this season. Provided we can bring back Drinan (or similar) and a half decent goalkeeper.

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I think after trial if it’s successful, if rumours are to be believed that attendance would be in the 15-20% bracket 

Lots of difference of opinion out there regarding crowds in grounds , spoke today to a championship employee who says that fans in games in October is a great possibility, yet the Premiership employee says there is practically no chance of fans being admitted,and they are basing their business planning on no fans to end of year now 

30 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Has it changed , we had Kilmarnock at home last time ? 

Aye but we were in league 1 that season and Dumbarton were the 2nd seeds so makes it even more remarkable that we won the group. 

Who would we prefer, Alston or McGinn...
Unlikely to get either but y’know...

McGinn.

Bearing in mind I don’t think I’ve actually properly seen him play since St Mirren beat us 6-2 a few years ago but he should still be comfortable at this level.

On the other hand signing Alston would upset Falkirk fans.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

McGinn.

Bearing in mind I don’t think I’ve actually properly seen him play since St Mirren beat us 6-2 a few years ago but he should still be comfortable at this level.

On the other hand signing Alston would upset Falkirk fans.

I would tend to agree, but I don’t know enough about Alston to make a fair decision! 

McGinn gives you that extra bit of experience too. 

43 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
3 hours ago, North British said:

Think as the Championship side we play the Premier side and L2 side away ! 

Has it changed , we had Kilmarnock at home last time ? 

Last season was Livingston away before that it was Thistle away . Killie was 2017 when we were L1 . Don’t think it’s 100% exact science but im sure Placid Genius will be on to give us some of his classic input should I be 1% of the money .  

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Two midfielders who are completely different... 

Why would either be unlikely? Two players released by the bottom end Premiership clubs, who won't get another Premiership side. 

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
50 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why would either be unlikely? Two players released by the bottom end Premiership clubs, who won't get another Premiership side. 

They maybe ain’t good enough for Premier anymore but there are some big fish in the Championship and even L1 who usually get to feed on the carcass before little Ayr gets a  bite . That is why the signings of Zanatta and Walsh caused a bit of a shockwave in South Ayrshire . This isn’t usually the Ayr United way , but maybe just maybe  we are turning a corner . The next three signings will be very interesting ...

1 hour ago, North British said:

Last season was Livingston away before that it was Thistle away . Killie was 2017 when we were L1 . Don’t think it’s 100% exact science but im sure Placid Genius will be on to give us some of his classic input should I be 1% of the money .  

You are correct , got my years mixed up with Kilmarnock game , the result is still that fresh in my memory it felt like it was only last season 😁

Edited by Robbo63

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah he rocked up there after leaving us but I don’t think he completed the season and hadn’t played since. There was a legitimate reason for him not being able to get fit but I don’t think it was ever fully explained.

Ahhh okay, I hope he's fit and does well at Albion Rovers. I always liked him even if he was a wee barrel. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I don’t disagree - I just meant in the grand scheme of who Kerr might be looking at etc. 

Both probably in the same kind of bracket as Walsh, but towards the other end of the age bracket. 

24 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

re correct , got my years mixed up with Kilmarnock game , the result is still that fresh in my memory it felt like it was only last season 😁

It does , Andrew Geggan take a bow but so to the goals from Alex Williams , Andy Walker , Jim Dick  , Bobby Conner ,  hell  even Kenny   Ashwood . It’s just magical beating those trollops .......😃