The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I may have missed it but can someone tell me how much was raised by the virtual player of the year evening. Did these funds go to the 500 fund or to the club direct. I have given upon the tee shirt  so hopefully more was raised because of this.

3 hours ago, .buzzy01 said:

I may have missed it but can someone tell me how much was raised by the virtual player of the year evening. Did these funds go to the 500 fund or to the club direct. I have given upon the tee shirt  so hopefully more was raised because of this.

Your t-shirt will be at the club shop. 

On 06/08/2020 at 20:24, Skyline Drifter said:

This is a strange one for me. There seem to be an awful lot of people at a lot of clubs assuming that loans will be plentiful now we can have 6 and either free or cheap. That may well end up the case but I am sceptical. In my experience loans, if anywhere near 1st team starting quality, tend not to be much cheaper than employing your own player unless the parent club are really desperate for the player to get game time they cant give him. And players of that level are going to be more scarce with 9 subs in the top division, not 7. 

Also with our top division sides facing months without crowds and big wages I am far from convinced they wont be looking for full wage coverage for those players they are prepared to let out on loan. 

We shall see I guess.

Loans are surely as a competitive market as free agents,  your just changing who you negotiate with. 

If Ayr are offering 50% of wages and Dundee 75% then the player is isn’t going to ayr.  You might get lucky with a unheard of youngster, but guys like Kiltie, McCrorie or Doohan where everyone in the division knew their capabilities the financial compensation would have likely been quite high. No club is thinking ‘I like Mark Kerr, let’s give him our best reserve players for free’  there might be a case of a clubs having good relationships where if your offering about the same amount as another club they’ll more likely pick you,  but if the money is significantly different then that’s going to be the deciding factor just like any other deal.

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Loans are surely as a competitive market as free agents,  your just changing who you negotiate with. 

If Ayr are offering 50% of wages and Dundee 75% then the player is isn’t going to ayr.  You might get lucky with a unheard of youngster, but guys like Kiltie, McCrorie or Doohan where everyone in the division knew their capabilities the financial compensation would have likely been quite high. No club is thinking ‘I like Mark Kerr, let’s give him our best reserve players for free’  there might be a case of a clubs having good relationships where if your offering about the same amount as another club they’ll more likely pick you,  but if the money is significantly different then that’s going to be the deciding factor just like any other deal.

Not sure that’s entirely true.  If it’s a development loan, it seems pretty clear that Celtic and Rangers in particular will take account of relationships, likely or agreed first team opportunities and track record of developing their players, with a couple of hundred quid a week not necessarily the clincher.   Sounds like Doohan had other offers for last season, but both player and club were happy for him to come back to Ayr.  I doubt either club will be happy if Doohan and Kelly continue to sit on the bench at Ross County.  If it’s a loan for an established first team player, then for sure, money talks.

If Ayr are offering 50% of wages and Dundee 75% then the player is isn’t going to ayr.

To be fair this exact scenario happen last season between us and Dundee over Craig Wighton. We were both in for him and Hearts let him come to Gayfield for less of a wage contribution than Dundee would’ve had to pay.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Betfred Cup draw today at 1, we're gonna get Thistle in our group that's just inevitable lol

Presuming fans are allowed to attend Kilmarnock, Partick, Stranraer and Albion Rovers would be the dream. Kilmarnock and AR at home with Stranraer and Partick away. 

Unlikely to be any fans so I’m really not fussed. Used to be a case of maybe getting another signing if we got through but by the time the games come round we’ll only be able to make loan signings anyway so I think Kerr will have everything sorted by then.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Unlikely to be any fans so I’m really not fussed. Used to be a case of maybe getting another signing if we got through but by the time the games come round we’ll only be able to make loan signings anyway so I think Kerr will have everything sorted by then.

What makes you think that? Fans apparently allowed back in September 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What makes you think that? Fans apparently allowed back in September 

Thought for our level fans not allowed in until 17th October ? My understanding is that a trial is proposed to be taking place from 14th September, with crowds of around 1000 in a 40,000 capacity stadium ( that’s the rumoured figures ) 

Thought for our level fans not allowed in until 17th October ? My understanding is that a trial is proposed to be taking place from 14th September, with crowds of around 1000 in a 40,000 capacity stadium ( that’s the rumoured figures ) 
That means 2.5% of the stadiums capacity used.

Means at Somerset roughly 250 fans would be allowed if the trial was successful....

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Accies, Stranraer, Albion and Annan

Probably the easiest we could’ve got.

If we can't progress from that we're in bother, 3 league 2 teams and 1 bottom Premiership side, could win all 4 IMO