The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’m a bit late to the party, but really pleased with the Walsh signing (don’t know much about Miller tbh). Wonder how long the Walsh deal had been on the cards? I spoke to him about 6 weeks ago and asked if he would be signing for us and he just laughed and said he hadn’t heard anything. Hopefully he’ll be able to stay injury free 🤞

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

We don’t need a goalie, we will start the season with a ‘backie’ which will be sufficient as we put each team to the sword winning by 3 clear goals on our romp to the Covid Championship title

Can we not just play any man save and play 11 outfield players?  All you have to do is shout keeper before you pick the ball up! 

Two very good signings imv (well done to the club) - both have the right qualities for this league and have done well at their previous clubs. Remains to be seen if we can get a settled formation in place as quickly as possible but Kerr seems to know which players he wants and for which positions. Another decent goalie must be at the the top of his list by now but I'm hoping someone like Drinan (if not the man himself) is also a priority for the striking role. COYA  

5 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Hare-Reid is no longer on the PFA list of available players which suggests he's either decided to stay with us or has signed for someone else.

Only looking for 1 goalkeeper now !

Only looking for 1 goalkeeper now !

That’s good.

Is there going to be any actual confirmation of what’s happening with Geggan or Gillespie. I’d hate it if we let the former go without acknowledging him.

Not sure if it's related to what Robbo says but I'm told we already have a keeper sorted for next season - Dont have a name though so it's hardly breaking news but at least gives me confidence that we wont be scrabbling around last minute. 

12 hours ago, Hursty said:

Not sure if it's related to what Robbo says but I'm told we already have a keeper sorted for next season - Dont have a name though so it's hardly breaking news but at least gives me confidence that we wont be scrabbling around last minute. 

If it is Kieran Wright then that would explain why he’s started following us on twitter but didn’t Robbo hint that it maybe wasn’t him

If it is Kieran Wright then that would explain why he’s started following us on twitter but didn’t Robbo hint that it maybe wasn’t him

You might’ve been right when you mentioned Conor Hazard.

I think Celtic are still looking for another goalie so might let him go if they bring one in.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You might’ve been right when you mentioned Conor Hazard.

I think Celtic are still looking for another goalie so might let him go if they bring one in.

Is he not worse than Doohan, i know he was bad at Thistle or did he improve at Dundee last season?

Edited by rb123!

Is he not worse than Doohan, i know he was bad at Thistle or did he improve at Dundee last season?

Dundee fans thought he was fine last season although they had to suffer Jack Hamilton before that so I’d probably look half decent compared to him.

Really don’t need anything fancy from the goalie. As long as he’s a good shot stopper and doesn’t stay glued to his line I’ll be happy.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dundee fans thought he was fine last season although they had to suffer Jack Hamilton before that so I’d probably look half decent compared to him.

Really don’t need anything fancy from the goalie. As long as he’s a good shot stopper and doesn’t stay glued to his line I’ll be happy.

Has anyone ever seen a professional goalkeeper who wasnt a good shot stopper? Its pretty much a pre-requisite. 

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Has anyone ever seen a professional goalkeeper who wasnt a good shot stopper? Its pretty much a pre-requisite. 

David de Gea lets everything in and he's a top keeper.

You’d think it would be the minimum requirement but there’s still ones out there that let plenty easy shots past them.