The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

With Mikey Miller, the majority of Raith commentators felt a new starting RB was needed for the Championship but would be happy to have him stay on the team. Miller was viewed as a good squad player behind a starter at this level, reasonably versatile and competent, a very solid backup RB with the ability to play a more midfield role competently, if not as a star. The knock was his niggling injury that derailed his campaign after roughly December. Popular player with both the fans and team, though McGlynn seemed a bit frustrated at his injury and its slow recovery. Very happy he’s got a nice place somewhere, not as thrilled to perhaps face him.

I think Miller is a solid signing although I’m sad that it will ultimately spell the end for Geggan.

Hope he gets a good move sorted soon. Will easily do a job for any League One club. Dumbarton would be a possible destination imo.

I think Miller is a solid signing although I’m sad that it will ultimately spell the end for Geggan.

Hope he gets a good move sorted soon. Will easily do a job for any League One club. Dumbarton would be a possible destination imo.
Is Geggan definitely away? Will be sad to see him go

3 hours ago, RiG said:

For us Walsh was found mainly on the left or right wing rotating with Doran during games quite often. He did play once or twice behind the striker but he wasn't as effective. I seem to recall Dumbarton fans saying that when he played for them he was actually at his best playing in that 10 role but we seldom saw him play there.

That’s correct, he was always very effective in behind the striker but often went hiding when he was deployed out wide. 

Wonder if we will have an interview with Kerr tonight after these two signings? He alluded in his last interview that we were wanting 5 more so obviously with these two signings needing another 3 (GK, CM, ST). If I’m being greedy I’d also like to see another CB and Winger come in. 

Is Geggan definitely away? Will be sad to see him go

I’d be surprised if he stayed now.

Going by fans descriptions he’s pretty much a Geggan type player where he’ll cover midfield and defence. I don’t see why we’d need both of them. Miller is also a good few years younger although will likely have the same injury problems Geggan had.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Absolutely no inside info but wouldn't be shocked to see Geggan rocking up at one of the big spending non league sides as a marquee signing, rather than working his way down the leagues  

Wonder if we will have an interview with Kerr tonight after these two signings? He alluded in his last interview that we were wanting 5 more so obviously with these two signings needing another 3 (GK, CM, ST). If I’m being greedy I’d also like to see another CB and Winger come in. 

I think 3 will do us provided it’s the 3 positions you’ve stated. Miller will probably be here to cover centre back and Kerr will have to hope Roscoe has kicked on a bit.

It’ll all depend on how much money we can save on loans. If we’re shrewd then we could maybe push a 4th signing but Kerr will hopefully be keeping money back for January.

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There will be an interview later today , both players were at Somerset today being interviewed with the gaffer also present , more good news coming real soon ( not imminent)

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think 3 will do us provided it’s the 3 positions you’ve stated. Miller will probably be here to cover centre back and Kerr will have to hope Roscoe has kicked on a bit.

It’ll all depend on how much money we can save on loans. If we’re shrewd then we could maybe push a 4th signing but Kerr will hopefully be keeping money back for January.

Miller will be cover for 3 positions , RB, RM and CM 

I’d be surprised if he stayed now.

Going by fans descriptions he’s pretty much a Geggan type player where he’ll cover midfield and defence. I don’t see why we’d need both of them. Miller is also a good few years younger although will likely have the same injury problems Geggan had.
Aye was just thinking that if miller was a first choice CM along side Murdoch then Geggan might be kept on as back up

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So basically just a younger Geggan?

Hopefully he stays fit but I’m glad it’s another 2 year deal to add to the continuity.

Yes , I think he will do a job , over his injury issue , needs to fight for a place though , Houston , Murdoch and Gaffer I would think currently holding all those positions 

23 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If Geggan was getting a contract he would’ve had one by now

Unless he has and just hasn't signed it yet. 

The only reason I thought we would have kept him is for his utility and it looks like that is covered. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Miller will be cover for 3 positions , RB, RM and CM 

As long as you’re not expecting an offensive explosion, and if he can avoid niggles, Mikey will likely do an excellent job for you. I’ll enjoy seeing the interview, as he always came across well.

Very good day for us today , Walsh will fly in our environment and Miller will do a job too . We all have a first eleven in mind but how often is your front line side hampered by suspensions and injuries .?  Also away from home we may not always play with two wingers .