The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Never heard of him, not gonna lie. 

Kind of remember his name from Morton, not much else though. Sounds like a player that can play a few positions. That will be the defence sorted you’d imagine. 

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Does he play out wide or behind the striker or slightly deeper... I can’t particularly remember!

For us Walsh was found mainly on the left or right wing rotating with Doran during games quite often. He did play once or twice behind the striker but he wasn't as effective. I seem to recall Dumbarton fans saying that when he played for them he was actually at his best playing in that 10 role but we seldom saw him play there.

Played almost exclusively at right back for us last season, although he was billed as also being a central midfielder. 

I think I liked him more than most Rovers fans, and I was a wee bit surprised that McGlynn didn't keep him on. I suppose it's possible he wanted to but we were outbid, but I think it's more likely that McGlynn just wanted a more attacking full back. 

As four goals suggests, Miller didn't do badly at all getting forward last year, but he always looked like a defender who'd been asked to push on rather than a natural attacker. 

Wasn't expecting him to resurface in the Championship, but he'll do fine. Very consistent, unspectacular, although he did miss quite a few games through injury last year. 

Gk
Houston Muirhead Bell Reading 
        Murdoch Miller
Walsh McCowan Zanatta
                 Moore
Rest of the squad.  Graham Roscoe Ecrepont Hewitt Kerr Smith Moffat McKenzie

And sign at least a striker and centre mid. 

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Played almost exclusively at right back for us last season, although he was billed as also being a central midfielder. 

I think I liked him more than most Rovers fans, and I was a wee bit surprised that McGlynn didn't keep him on. I suppose it's possible he wanted to but we were outbid, but I think it's more likely that McGlynn just wanted a more attacking full back. 

As four goals suggests, Miller didn't do badly at all getting forward last year, but he always looked like a defender who'd been asked to push on rather than a natural attacker. 

Wasn't expecting him to resurface in the Championship, but he'll do fine. Very consistent, unspectacular, although he did miss quite a few games through injury last year. 

This sounds almost exactly like Andy Geggan.

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Just looking at his stats he seem to only play a hand full of games 16/17 for Livi then nothing for season 17/18, then only 8 for Brechin 18/19 before signing for Raith. Was he out injured for over a season? Given he can cover a number of positions, he sounds like he is here as cover on the bench rather than a starter, but given he was a Scotland youth cap you would hope he is of a decent standard