The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t believe we’ve went from getting excited over Tom Walsh to this.

I'm going to be honest - I've seen us struggle in what seems to be a dozen games against ICT recently and cant picture Walsh. Probably been focusing on the big guys. 

I'm bad for that though - unless an opposition player batters us with strength or plays us off the park passing wise I tend to be too focused on our own players to nice them.  

Edited by Hursty

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'm going to be honest - I've seen us struggle in what seems to be a dozen games against ICT recently and cant picture Walsh. Probably been focusing on the big guys. 

I'm bad for that though - unless an opposition player batters us with strength or plays us off the park passing wise I tend to be too focused on our own players to nice them.  

I remember Walsh playing against us for St Mirren in fact I think he scored a last minute equaliser against us in a game at Somerset 

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

Walsh was the only guy in the Ict team that used to beat us up under 6ft 3in .  To be fair they never used him much in games against us , there main (effective) tactic was to power crosses and corners to White . The boy is ment to a player though . 

7 hours ago, Super cally said:

I remember Walsh playing against us for St Mirren in fact I think he scored a last minute equaliser against us in a game at Somerset 

Yeah, I remember that. I don't recall him for ICT but as Northern British said with ICT's style of launching high balls to 6 foot monsters it passed him by. Definitely a proven player at this level though. Also a player one of our rivals wanted to keep. So I'd be delighted if we get him.

Find it a bit strange there’s been no mention of players who’ve left/leaving. You would imagine now Geggan and Gillespie are away and Leon Murphy has signed for Glenafton. Also no idea on the Hare-Reid situation. 
Kerr said in interview Hare Reid had been offered new contract but wants to be No 1 and Kerr said we don't have budget to run 3 GKs to allow him out on loan so can't see him signing again

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Find it a bit strange there’s been no mention of players who’ve left/leaving. You would imagine now Geggan and Gillespie are away and Leon Murphy has signed for Glenafton. Also no idea on the Hare-Reid situation. 

I can only guess that the club were waiting till the players were officially off furlough and therefore no longer on the wage bill before announcing it which was obviously on Friday there. I’d expect an announcement of everyone who has left the club early this week. 

31 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

worried we are going to end up disappointed after getting our hopes up on here about walsh and mcginn 

I would not get my hopes up based on people guessing on this forum , I would wait to see who Mark Kerr says he’s interested in before I would get my hopes up 

19 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Stephen McGinn is still a helluva stretch for me. I can see Ray Grant being a more realistic signing which would still be class imo.

Why is McGinn a helluva stretch? He's been released from one of the worst teams in the Premiership, where he wasn't playing regularly at all due to not being up to a Premiership standard, if he stays in Scotland he won't get a better team in Scotland than one in the championship, if he wants to play. 

11 minutes ago, Chief1 said:

Interesting, article calls him a striker but I always thought he was more of a winger. 

Interesting, article calls him a striker but I always thought he was more of a winger. 

I think he can do both. I’d be quite happy if we signed a few players that can cover a couple of positions up front. I think Zanatta played up front for Alloa a few times as well.

He was really disappointing for us. Played against Alloa and looked like an exciting prospect but was then bullied out of every single game he featured in thereafter. Tendency to hide and went off with the slightest touch. He'll need to have either bulked up massively or learnt how to deal with being brushed off the ball or he won't be much of an asset. Clearly has a fair bit of ability though and should carve a decent career out for himself.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was really disappointing for us. Played against Alloa and looked like an exciting prospect but was then bullied out of every single game he featured in thereafter. Tendency to hide and went off with the slightest touch. He'll need to have either bulked up massively or learnt how to deal with being brushed off the ball or he won't be much of an asset. Clearly has a fair bit of ability though and should carve a decent career out for himself.

Dundee , Dunfermline etc have aspirations of winning the league , at Ayr , if we are honest , our ambitions are a little less lofty . Therefor young players coming in tend to get a bit more time . Roscoe is one example , not nearly there yet but will get more chances this season . Another example is Mike Rose , who I watched getting an absolute schooling from Dobbie at Palmerston on his debut . Move three years forward and he’s about to play in the English Championship with the best completion of passes in L1 . I guess what I’m saying is if an 18/19 player rocks up with talent and the right attitude then we’ll meet him half way with an open mind . On the other hand rock stars and pre Madonna’s need not apply !

3 minutes ago, North British said:

Dundee , Dunfermline etc have aspirations of winning the league , at Ayr , if we are honest , our ambitions are a little less lofty . Therefor young players coming in tend to get a bit more time . Roscoe is one example , not nearly there yet but will get more chances this season . Another example is Mike Rose , who I watched getting an absolute schooling from Dobbie at Palmerston on his debut . Move three years forward and he’s about to play in the English Championship with the best completion of passes in L1 . I guess what I’m saying is if an 18/19 player rocks up with talent and the right attitude then we’ll meet him half way with an open mind . On the other hand rock stars and pre Madonna’s need not apply !

To be fair, Pre Madonna’s will be a fair age by now.

16 minutes ago, North British said:

Get this small time mentality to f**k. 

28 minutes ago, North British said:

I thought the large hike in season ticket price was to fund our title challenge?