The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I saw the club shop put on that they’re taking customers details for the track and trace thing. Probably Robbo will be able to tell me, but why is the shop needing to do this? I’ve not heard of any other shop doing it, only pubs/restaurants where people are staying for a prolonged period of time  

Edited by Thereisalight..

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw the club shop put on that they’re taking customers details for the track and trace thing. Probably Robbo will be able to tell me, but why is the shop needing to do this? I’ve not heard of any other shop doing it, only pubs/restaurants where people are staying for a prolonged period of time  

Someone could be browsing in the shop for a prolonged period of time? 

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

We were asked by the NHS  if we would take part in the prevention of passing on the virus , within the shop the majority of customers do tend to take a bit of time browsing and nearly every customer touches the goods on display , it is  part of the Ayr United Covid action plan that is in place to protect club employees and patrons , in the 3 weeks we have been open not one customer had questioned or refused to provide details , response has been quite the opposite ,they are pleased that we are taking action to protecting them in the very slight chance someone does prove positive 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Someone could be browsing in the shop for a prolonged period of time? 

I doubt people spent more time in the club shop than they do in Asda/Tesco etc of a weekend with the other half. Just find it odd that supermarkets don’t ask for it when people can be in there over an hour 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I doubt people spent more time in the club shop than they do in Asda/Tesco etc of a weekend with the other half. Just find it odd that supermarkets don’t ask for it when people can be in there over an hour 

Seems a strange thing to complain about though. What exactly is your issue?  I've not been in for a browse yet but I've given my name to a couple of pubs so can't see any problem with giving it to Ayr Utd?

Dont mean that as a dig BTW, just seems a strange thing to be annoyed about 

Edited by Hursty

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah there is some inconsistencies on who and where are taking this information (IMO every business you go into should be taking a name and contact number) however it’s not something I’d make an issue about as its keep myself and others safer. 

I’ve not been on the COVID thread for a good few weeks however last time I was there you were saying how desperate you were to get back to normal well this is one of the things the government have put in place to allow us to get closer to that. 

I was down from Edinburgh to visit some family, decided to pop in the other week.  Had no issue doing it, staff seem to be doing a great job with everything.  It's just one of those things now, not really a big issue in the grand scheme of things.  

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

We are doing what’s right for the clubs employees and patrons , it’s part of our plan on being a caring club  , to be honest I don’t care what other shops do , what we are doing is the right thing to protect people who use our club facilities 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

We are doing what’s right for the clubs employees and patrons , it’s part of our plan , to be honest I don’t care what other shops do , what we are doing is the right thing to protect people who use our club facilities 

I don't think hes having a go at the club. He's having a go at the inconsistent guidelines. The guidance from government has been pretty poorly communicated and thought out throughout.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I don't think hes having a go at the club. He's having a go at the inconsistent guidelines. The guidance from government has been pretty poorly communicated and thought out throughout.

I was not having a go at him either  , I am only explaining why the club are doing it and feel the same way as him about supermarkets 

22 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Seems a strange thing to complain about though. What exactly is your issue?  I've not been in for a browse yet but I've given my name to a couple of pubs so can't see any problem with giving it to Ayr Utd?

Dont mean that as a dig BTW, just seems a strange thing to be annoyed about 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah there is some inconsistencies on who and where are taking this information (IMO every business you go into should be taking a name and contact number) however it’s not something I’d make an issue about as its keep myself and others safer. 

I’ve not been on the COVID thread for a good few weeks however last time I was there you were saying how desperate you were to get back to normal well this is one of the things the government have put in place to allow us to get closer to that. 

I wasn’t complaining about it, just wondering why we were doing it  

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Thank you! I wasn’t having a go at the club. Just wondering why a small club shop was asked to do it, yet supermarkets with potentially hundreds/thousands of customers a day weren’t 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I wasn’t complaining about it, just wondering why we were doing it  

Fair enough. Might have been the way you worded it.  More likely it was the pints I've drank making me read it the wrong way haha

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t believe we’ve went from getting excited over Tom Walsh to this.

To get back to discussion. Could be looking at 

GK 

Houston Muirhead Roscoe Reading

Murdoch McGinn

Zanatta            McCowan       Walsh

Drinan

That would be a very decent team IMO. Robbo saying there's surely better loan GK's available out there to me suggests Wright from Rangers may not going to be our GK and the fact he hasn't ruled out Walsh and McGinn gives me hope however i know it'll still be a very big stretch to get either. Walsh more likely than McGinn IMO

Edited by rb123!

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

GK 

Murdoch McGinn

Drinan

That would be a very decent team IMO. Robbo saying there's surely better loan GK's available out there to me suggests Wright from Rangers may not going to be our GK and the fact he hasn't ruled out Walsh and McGinn gives me hope however i know it'll still be a very big stretch to get either. Walsh more likely than McGinn IMO

On paper that’s very decent look and leaves us with a bench of Hare-Reid (?), Ecrepont, Bell, Kerr, Moffat, Moore, McKenzie

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

GK 

Murdoch McGinn

Drinan

That would be a very decent team IMO. Robbo saying there's surely better loan GK's available out there to me suggests Wright from Rangers may not going to be our GK and the fact he hasn't ruled out Walsh gives me hope however i know it'll still be a very big stretch to get either. Walsh more likely than McGinn IMO

I'm starting to get excited. Either Walsh or McGinn would be huge signings. Both and I may even have to renew my season ticket. 🤫

I like the three behind the striker, I could see them swapping about and being a nightmare for defenses. A bit like Forrest, Moff & McCowan were at the start of last season.

Goalkeeper still worries me if I'm honest. I'd settle for someone competent if unspectacular. There seems to be a good number of clubs looking for Goalies at this level as well. So competition could be fierce.

I think we'll get a better feel on who is actually available on Monday with the release lists from clubs.

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Thank you! I wasn’t having a go at the club. Just wondering why a small club shop was asked to do it, yet supermarkets with potentially hundreds/thousands of customers a day weren’t 

Likely because if you were to take thousands of people’s details in a day they would be there forever and it would also be a logistical nightmare