The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I got told by someone who is usually fairly 'in the know' ages ago just as he left Inverness that we were signing Walsh but then when I saw he was training with Hamilton and had been linked with Ross County I assumed it was nonsense just because he was local.  

Don’t you think if he was going to a Premiership club we would have heard by now  ?

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Don’t you think if he was going to a Premiership club we would have heard by now  ?

That’s what I’m thinking. He’s a free agent so if he was going to a prem team then there is no reason why he wouldn’t of signed for them. So that’s means it’s probably a championship club. 

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Good point , same criteria applies to McGinn I suppose , so if we got Walsh would that mean Luke would shift into no10 ? I really think he’d do well at 10 , collecting from a Kerr type player or connecting with knockdowns from a brute like Drinan ! Cracking options .

Just now, North British said:

Good point , same criteria applies to McGinn I suppose , so if we got Walsh would that mean Luke would shift into no10 ? I really think he’d do well at 10 , collecting from a Kerr type player or connecting with knockdowns from a brute like Drinan ! Cracking options .

Aye the 3 behind the striker (Hopefully Drinan) would be Zanatta- McCowan- Walsh

27 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Well yeah which is why I'm now thinking it may well be true - at the time I didn't see it as likely at all.  Just looked back, was 20th June I got told.   Seemed very unlikely that a regular at ICT with Premier teams after him would be coming here Haha.  

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
5 minutes ago, North British said:

With two holding mids : Murdy and .??? , 

McGinn

Oooft . More Moretti required ..... That would be one quality centre half away from a superb starting eleven.....

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Stephen McGinn is still a helluva stretch for me. I can see Ray Grant being a more realistic signing which would still be class imo.

Again where is he going to go? He’s been released by one of the weaker premiership team so not likely to get another premiership team and is from the Glasgow area I think so we’re a as realistic option as anyone imo. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Again when is he going to go? He’s been released hey one of the weaker premiership team so not likely to get another premiership team and is from the Glasgow area I think so we’re a as realistic option as anyone imo. 

Hibernian

Was only training with them but has apparently been offered a deal.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hibernian

Was only training with them but has apparently been offered a deal.

The Saints fans I spoke to at work said he could play but was struggling a bit for pace in the Premier . I’m not saying your wrong and it is a stretch but last weeks business marked Kerr’s bar pretty high . Time will tell ....

Just looking at players not getting a game for Premier teams in positions we need bodies that Mark Kerr knows well and could be possible loan signings.....

Robbie Crawford anyone???   The split in the comments on the official announcement would be something else.  

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Just looking at players not getting a game for Premier teams in positions we need bodies that Mark Kerr knows well and could be possible loan signings.....

Robbie Crawford anyone???   The split in the comments on the official announcement would be something else.  

B1A3536C-1187-48AF-9D15-37D431A24BDC.gif

Robbie could never be described as a holding midfielder , couldn’t tackle a fish supper , but he could have been effective in the Kelly role . That ship has sailed however . Any loans coming out the Premier will either be younger players on development curves or players the clubs want off their pay rolls , who no longer are in the plans . 

Grant at Clyde is a curious one also . Now with no club , but has an impressive Cv . U19 international , been at Norwich , described as a holding midfielder . Interesting .