The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On those figures I think we’ll be sticking with Football Focus and/or a re-run of the Friday night BBC Scotland game .

Sorry Robbo had a typo on my previous post . Are we lightly to be doing any business next week with the post furlough free’s being announced ?

6 minutes ago, North British said:

On those figures I think we’ll be sticking with Football Focus and/or a re-run of the Friday night BBC Scotland game .

Sorry Robbo had a typo on my previous post . Are we lightly to be doing any business next week with the post furlough free’s being announced ?

I would think there could be some movement both in and out the club , I think by end of next week we will be down to only awaiting our loanee signings , believe pre season training starts on 17th  August 

52 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Alan Forrest starting for Livingston today

I didnt even realise the Prem was back! Not that I tend to follow it anyway, Saturdays just aren't the same without the Super playing. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's based on the rateable value of the pub. Wouldn't have thought it will be as much as £15k per annum except in big city centre places but it's certainly pretty exorbitant. I've worked with a few pubs and clubs and it can cost anything from £2,500 to about £7,500 per annum + VAT. It's certainly why we don't have it in the bar at Palmerston.

The bar at Palmerston is tidy, enjoyed my couple of pints last time I was in. I've been to Palmerston loads, probably one of the most visited stadiums in the championship and I genuinely didn't even realise it had the bar. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

The bar at Palmerston is tidy, enjoyed my couple of pints last time I was in. I've been to Palmerston loads, probably one of the most visited stadiums in the championship and I genuinely didn't even realise it had the bar. 

Surprised at that, it's been there longer than I have! I suppose it's at the wrong side of the ground if you go direct to the away end though. It was the Palmerston Social Club back in the 80's. I assume it's probably been there as long as the stand has but some older fan can maybe confirm. The club ran it for a while in the 90's but it's been leased out for a long time now. There are actually two bars, an upstairs and a downstairs one. The upstairs one is a bit bigger but it's used for hospitality on matchdays so not open to the public. Only the downstairs one is open to the public.

I’ll take a guess and say we’ll maybe make a further 2 signings next week and the rest will be loans which can be completed closer to the season starting. A central midfielder and a wide midfielder/attacking midfielder would be my guess.

I’ll take a guess and say we’ll maybe make a further 2 signings next week and the rest will be loans which can be completed closer to the season starting. A central midfielder and a wide midfielder/attacking midfielder would be my guess.
Definitely need to replace Kelly and Docherty IMO so a CM and CAM signing would be a good shout.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

So you thinking 2 permanent signings and 3 loans?

So you thinking 2 permanent signings and 3 loans?

Yeah I think so.

Kieran Wright from Rangers, Aaron Drinan and another midfielder will be the loans imo. I still think we need a centre back as any partnership of Bell, Muirhead and Roscoe doesn’t inspire much confidence but we’re looking light up top and in midfield so Kerr is right to address those areas first.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I think so.

Kieran Wright from Rangers, Aaron Drinan and another midfielder will be the loans imo. I still think we need a centre back as any partnership of Bell, Muirhead and Roscoe doesn’t inspire much confidence but we’re looking light up top and in midfield so Kerr is right to address those areas first.

Just for fun I’ll predict:

Kieran Wright, Aaron Drinan and Brett McGavin as the loans.

Stephen McGinn and Tom Walsh as the permanents

That gives us a squad of 20 which I imagine is the sort of size Kerr is looking for. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

12 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Is Walsh realistic?  If Inverness couldn’t afford to keep him it seems unlikely we would be any different.

We are financially much better off than Inverness  I would think  , but still think it would be a major coup if we got him 

24 minutes ago, HMIP said:

s Walsh realistic?  If Inverness couldn’t afford to keep him it seems unlikely we would be any different.

Walsh rejected a two year contract at Inverness ! Wants to come back to the west coast ! 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I think so.

Just for fun I’ll predict:

Kieran Wright, Aaron Drinan and Brett McGavin as the loans.

Stephen McGinn and Tom Walsh as the permanents

That gives us a squad of 20 which I imagine is the sort of size Kerr is looking for. 

I wouldn’t be too disappointed with that group !

55 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Is Walsh realistic?  If Inverness couldn’t afford to keep him it seems unlikely we would be any different.

I got told by someone who is usually fairly 'in the know' ages ago just as he left Inverness that we were signing Walsh but then when I saw he was training with Hamilton and had been linked with Ross County I assumed it was nonsense just because he was local.  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I got told by someone who is usually fairly 'in the know' ages ago just as he left Inverness that we were signing Walsh but then when I saw he was training with Hamilton and had been linked with Ross County I assumed it was nonsense just because he was local.  

Don’t do this to me Hursty