The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Kilmarnock?

Haven't been since 2005!

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

Will need it for Europe. Also, I'd imagine it would involve new concrete and be designed to be maintained more easily.

Ayr will never play in Europe.

Don't mean that as an insult. The vast majority of teams in Scotland, including mine, will never play in Europe again.

The place the Scottish cup runners up got was the best chance teams had of doing it, and indeed was how we last qualified, but they got rid of that, a total dick move.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would you do that? That would be a colossal waste of money. Should you ever gain promotion to the Premiership you don't need it. 

For Europe. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Haven't been since 2005!

Ayr will never play in Europe.

Don't mean that as an insult. The vast majority of teams in Scotland, including mine, will never play in Europe again.

The place the Scottish cup runners up got was the best chance teams had of doing it, and indeed was how we last qualified, but they got rid of that, a total dick move.

Rubbish, only last year we were strutting our stuff in foreign lands and had a fantastic away weekend in Wrexham / Chester !!

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I see Kerr has pretty much ruled out a move for Barjonas any time soon.

Thank f**k.

Bullet dodged I think. I'm confident there is better out there.

Have clubs revealed all their released players yet? It must be pretty imminent.

7 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Bullet dodged I think. I'm confident there is better out there.

Have clubs revealed all their released players yet? It must be pretty imminent.

Furlough finished last night  , so Monday more than likely 

48 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No disrespect to Grant Gillespie but he’s the type of player that in a couple of years I will forget he even played for us. A complete nothingness

Ditto. He just wasn't up to it, too slow in thought and action.

Perhaps he had an injury as suggested as he has played at a decent level and is sub 30 so shouldn't be done.

28 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Ditto. He just wasn't up to it, too slow in thought and action.

Perhaps he had an injury as suggested as he has played at a decent level and is sub 30 so shouldn't be done.

Was he not out for a while before he signed with us, or had not played for a while when he signed for us?

Maybe just needs a good pre-season to get the best out of him? But as others have said hasnt looked up too much so far

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Was he not out for a while before he signed with us, or had not played for a while when he signed for us?

Maybe just needs a good pre-season to get the best out of him? But as others have said hasnt looked up too much so far

He was at Derry before he joined us, so hadn’t played since since late October since they run a summer season.

Whether it was down the match fitness or he just wasn’t up to it, who knows.

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Hopefully in this new social club the club will actually pay for a license to show sky so you don't end up with something like Bargain Hunt on while you're in there for a pre match drink.

Have you seen the price for Sky package in a pub ! It’s in the region of £15k to £20k per year , not worth it unless club was open full time , which I doubt , but you never know , I would rather the club invested that money into player budget than some overpriced television subscription 

Edited by Robbo63

Have you seen the price for Sky package in a pub ! It’s in the region of £15k to £20k per year , not worth it unless club was open full time , which I doubt , but you never know , I would rather the club invested that money into player budget than some overpriced television subscription 
Fair enough tbh didn't know it was that much, no wonder so many pubs try to use some dodgy stream lol

21 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

What’s the capacity likely to be for the social club? Presume we can go there for a pint before the game, will it be a paid membership thing?

Not sure on membership ( think that will be kept for hospitality, thus guarantees you entry  up there ) but got the feeling it’s for both sets of fans in social club , capacity is around the region of 140 , 

Edited by Robbo63

24 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It's based on the rateable value of the pub. Wouldn't have thought it will be as much as £15k per annum except in big city centre places but it's certainly pretty exorbitant. I've worked with a few pubs and clubs and it can cost anything from £2,500 to about £7,500 per annum + VAT. It's certainly why we don't have it in the bar at Palmerston.