The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There has been mention a few times of a roof for the North Terrace over the past couple of years. My assumption would be if this came to fruition it would happen at the same time as the hospitality suite being replaced. Ideally the burger vans and toilets would be sorted at the same time as well. 

I wondered whether they might look to install those  'safe standing' fixtures on the North Terracing. Considered as seating for any relevant conversation, but don't force us to sit.

Having car-parking for another couple of hundred cars would give the option of parking in Somerset gardens and having your tires slashed of the club car park where one of our players could put an easy tap in at the back post through your windscreen. 

A roof on the North Terrace would be a must if one day all our stars were to align and the promised land of the Premiership was reached . It would be a tough call asking people to buy seasons for an area where they’d get drenched in the winter . However I’m sure the board have more plans than we know about at the moment . 

1 minute ago, North British said:

A roof on the North Terrace would be a must if one day all our stars were to align and the promised land of the Premiership was reached . It would be a tough call asking people to buy seasons for an area where they’d get drenched in the winter . However I’m sure the board have more plans than we know about at the moment . 

That area being open to the elements would only need be looked at if we reached the Premiership ( even though nothing stated it has to be done ) lot more to it than just erecting a roof , could not be done without also demolishing the hospitality suite and relocating it ( to where ??) think with the finance at club that would be a long way off , 

Roof on the North terrace is a non-starter, You would have to move the hospitality somewhere, but where?  The north terrace is at a different angle to the Somerset road end and railway end. It would cost to much to do something that hasn't been needed for 110 years. 

I don't know the capacity for behind the goals but when it rains, I have never felt crushed in the Somerset road end. 

I quite like the openness of the North Terrace on a clear day. There’s only a small number of games where the rain’s that bad that everyone has to shuffle round to the SRE, and even then it makes for a good atmosphere when they do.

In a recent interview the Chairman fantasised that if one day we could acquire the yard behind the NorthTerrace he would prefer a new main stand at that side. He also suggested replacing the current stand with something smaller to allow more light/sun onto the famous stand side strip of the pitch.

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

oof on the North terrace is a non-starter, You would have to move the hospitality somewhere, but where?  The north terrace is at a different angle to the Somerset road end and railway end. It would cost to much to do something that hasn't been needed for 110 years. 

I don't know the capacity for behind the goals but when it rains, I have never felt crushed in the Somerset road end. 

The issue is as the crowd sizes rise the area’s have to be separated and different tickets for each are sold . For example like the Killie game in the BetFred ! A couple of thousand had to stand out there in a summer down pour . This would be much worse in the winter . It’s hypocritical anyway , the Premiership for us is a long way off .  Anyway the hospitality suite could sit behind any such structure , just bin the boxes and use the space to get more punters in . Even extend it along a bit towards the fence . 

6 minutes ago, North British said:

The issue is as the crowd sizes rise the area’s have to be separated and different tickets for each are sold . For example like the Killie game in the BetFred ! A couple of thousand had to stand out there in a summer down pour . This would be much worse in the winter . It’s hypocritical anyway , the Premiership for us is a long way off .  Anyway the hospitality suite could sit behind any such structure , just bin the boxes and use the space to get more punters in . Even extend it along a bit towards the fence . 

Bloody hypocritical Premiership.

28 minutes ago, North British said:

The point of hospitality is to have a meal and sit and watch the game in comfort in your viewing box , this is a big money earner so who  in their right mind would just bin it , 

Edited by Robbo63

52 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Theres a part of me that wishes the North terrace to remain open to the elements forever. It is a rite of passage for every Ayr fan to get shat on by a seagull after all. 

It's also a very nice place to stand and watch the football when the weather is good. I wouldn't be a fan of erecting a roof over it.

1 hour ago, JohnGAYR said:

In a recent interview the Chairman fantasised that if one day we could acquire the yard behind the NorthTerrace he would prefer a new main stand at that side. He also suggested replacing the current stand with something smaller to allow more light/sun onto the famous stand side strip of the pitch.

If you could acquire the land behind the North Terrance I would turn the pitch 90 deg keep the current main stand but build a new main stand one along the railway end and extend the SRE along and round where the North Terrace is now 

Dave Smith owns a construction company smaller than Barr Construction and is operating when the house market and financial market is at one of its lowest points.

I don't think folk should get greedy and expect him to fire millions on a vanity project. 

The two things we have been crying out for are a social club/sports bar at the ground and a training area. Roofing the north terrace or turning the pitch and building a new stand is unrealistic at best. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dave Smith owns a construction company smaller than Barr Construction and is operating when the house market and financial market is at one of its lowest points.

I don't think folk should get greedy and expect him to fire millions on a vanity project. 

The two things we have been crying out for are a social club/sports bar at the ground and a training area. Roofing the north terrace or turning the pitch and building a new stand is unrealistic at best. 

My comment was just in keeping with LC's fantasising, not suggesting its a short term option, more what could you do to stay where we are but substantially improve what we have