The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’ll be away imo. Geggan would’ve signed by now if he was offered terms and he doesn’t strike me as a Kerr type player.

I kinda know what you mean on this one . The old war horse is short of gas and gets injured to much . However seeing him go will be heart braking . His streak of nastiness will be missed and then there was “that goal” and the celebration afterwords ! Legend ....

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When was the last time you had a Simons? It’s went down hill massively recently as has the PO King (the other Chinese is Maybole). 

Last Friday 😂 the Po King hasn’t been open in months and it isn’t showing any sign of being open again. Both are decent for what I have tbh

Andy Halliday is someone who is probably at a decent championship level with experience at a higher level and at 28 could be at the club for a couple of seasons. But for some reason I think he is a total arsehole and we shouldn't touch him. 

I thought that about Mark Roberts as well mind you

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Andy Halliday is someone who is probably at a decent championship level with experience at a higher level and at 28 could be at the club for a couple of seasons. But for some reason I think he is a total arsehole and we shouldn't touch him. 

I thought that about Mark Roberts as well mind you

I’m sure Andy Halliday said on the Open goal podcast (where he came across very well btw) that he wouldn’t sign for another team in Scotland. 

Not hard to come across well when “Si Ferry” and “Slaney” are two of the presenters mind you. 

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

Yep just seen that on SAC website, was approved today. 

Planning permission expires 3 years after approval date of today so plenty of time, hopefully work will start sooner rather than later though!!

I would think we may even be drinking in it before this season ends 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

What’s happening with hospitality? Is that still going to be avaliable for hospitality and the social club will just be used for non- hospitality, away fans etc. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Most social clubs tend to be away fans pre-match and home fans post match, is it likely to be like that here or will it be home fans/mixed ?

Mixed I would think 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:
30 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Dave Smith will be assembling the Ashleigh Building troops as we speak

This guy being on board is one of the best things to happen at Somerset for a long time , him and Lachlan seem to work well together  

Edited by Robbo63

What’s happening with hospitality? Is that still going to be avaliable for hospitality and the social club will just be used for non- hospitality, away fans etc. 
Probably going to try and make hospitality for the folk who are wanting a meal only instead of fans going in there for a drink at half 2.

Wouldn't be surprised if plans are in place to build a new hospitality suite in the near future because pretty sure it's building structure will be coming to the end of its life cycle just like the shop and office were.

Just now, rb123! said:

Probably going to try and make hospitality for the folk who are wanting a meal only instead of fans going in there for a drink at half 2.

Wouldn't be surprised if plans are in place to build a new hospitality suite in the near future because pretty sure it's building structure will be coming to the end of its life cycle just like the shop and office were.

Think the shop and office situation could be down to the land it is currently occupying does not belong to the club , whereas the new building does 

Think the shop and office situation could be down to the land it is currently occupying does not belong to the club , whereas the new building does 

What's happening with the car park? We can't exactly run without a car park if it gets modified for these new houses supposedly happening

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

What's happening with the car park? We can't exactly run without a car park if it gets modified for these new houses supposedly happening

Good point , I would think that situation would be dealt with when the need arises , can’t see houses going up there for a long while 

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

This guy being on board is one of the best things to happen at Somerset for a long time , him and Lachlan seem to work well together  

Barr and Kennedy always make me wary of people with money throwing/promising to throw money at the club. but Barrs money put  in to the hospitality has seen a benefit for many years and has outlived paying players 3k a week.

Having someone willing to invest in infrastructure that could lead to self sufficiently financing multiple players for a number of years is what we have been crying out for.  Camerons short term survival approach when he took over from Barr lost a lot of assets and left us with basically matchday revenue as almost the  sole income. 

Getting back the club shop and hospitality have been big steps, The social club will be another. If the next step could be buying the carpark back and the old Newton Yard, the money that could be made in matchday parking, maybe even race day parking as well could be a big benefit. 

Barr and Kennedy always make me wary of people with money throwing/promising to throw money at the club. but Barrs money put  in to the hospitality has seen a benefit for many years and has outlived paying players 3k a week.
Having someone willing to invest in infrastructure that could lead to self sufficiently financing multiple players for a number of years is what we have been crying out for.  Camerons short term survival approach when he took over from Barr lost a lot of assets and left us with basically matchday revenue as almost the  sole income. 
Getting back the club shop and hospitality have been big steps, The social club will be another. If the next step could be buying the carpark back and the old Newton Yard, the money that could be made in matchday parking, maybe even race day parking as well could be a big benefit. 

Also, if anything like a couple of seasons ago is anything to go by, a wee heli-pad