The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Talk of takeaways in Ayr has brought the fear to my mind of ordering chips, cheese, Donner & korma sauce after the St Johnstone game, it was about as braw as you can imagine from the list of items.   I can't shift the image from my head now. 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Was the best photo I could find. Honestly looks a right hole but really good quality food and the portions are class.

I have heard it's really good. 

And some of the best takeaway food I've ever had has been from places that looked like absolute dives. Appearances aren't everything.

28 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Was the best photo I could find. Honestly looks a right hole but really good quality food and the portions are class.

21 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

And some of the best takeaway food I've ever had has been from places that looked like absolute dives. Appearances aren't everything.

The bigger the slum the better the scran. Lucky Star chippy in Ayr being the perfect example. 

Spoiler

Well aware I’ve left myself wide open for a Maybole related joke here but we move. 

55 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

49 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That’s very true. There’s one in Maybole (Simon’s) and from the outside and even inside it looks a dirty midden. The food  is epic though 

9 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

88 for Chinese, Spice Lounge for curry/kebab and Enzo's for a haggis supper! 

Edit, not all at the same time obviously, just incase Boris is reading!

Believe it or not but at the age of 25 I had my first haggis supper last weekend. A complete game changer and don’t think I’ll ever look back. 

ETA: From dinos on Maybole Road. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That’s very true. There’s one in Maybole (Simon’s) and from the outside and even inside it looks a dirty midden. The food  is epic though 

I was visiting London about ten years ago and my dad had raved about a particular Chinese restaurant/takeaway. What he didn't tell me was that the tables were all wooden picnic benches. It looked like someone had just dragged a few picnic benches into an empty shop, set up a kitchen and opened a restaurant.

However, the food was absolutely first class. 

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Believe it or not but at the age of 25 I had my first haggis supper last weekend. A complete game changer and don’t think I’ll ever look back. 

ETA: From dinos on Maybole Road. 

I've recently reverted from a sausage supper to the haggis! Don't know why I ever changed!

48 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When was the last time you had a Simons? It’s went down hill massively recently as has the PO King (the other Chinese is Maybole).