The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Saw a pic on Twitter of Paddy Reading being unveiled. Peter MacDonald was in the pic, is he an agent or something to do with us ? 

Is that who that was?

The guy next to Reading is his agent so I’m not sure what MacDonalds involvement is.

I've been wa

11 hours ago, super_carson said:

BT Sport have been using the EE 5G network to broadcast the English National League, and the quality has been indistinguishable from the conventional broadcast methods.  Granted, they have millions of pounds behind them, and seem to be at the forefront of trying to use new technology but it does show the technology is available (I'll add the caveat that not all regions will have the same level of coverage) that should allow good quality streaming with no real technical problems.  

I'm with Itzdrk, I'd happily pay the equivalent gate price to stream a game (for example if it was midweek away to Inverness).  I assume there are legal issues with broadcasters, but one thing the pandemic has done has been to encourage business to look at how they operate.  

I've been watching games on ParsTv for a while and the quality of the stream would be heavily dependent on the facilities at the grounds, unsurprisingly at this level most grounds don't have a permanent Internet connection in there gantrys, so they'd be left with using whatever signal they could get. That though could pile in if enough people in the ground then went on their phones. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've been wa

I've been watching games on ParsTv for a while and the quality of the stream would be heavily dependent on the facilities at the grounds, unsurprisingly at this level most grounds don't have a permanent Internet connection in there gantrys, so they'd be left with using whatever signal they could get. That though could pile in if enough people in the ground then went on their phones. 

Pixellot are installing a fibre connection at all grounds for their system so presumably it won't be affected by any "public" use. I'm not tech minded at all but I'm assuming that will only be accessible to themselves.

I've been wa
Yeah, stable connections have always been the problem from what I understand. I think BT used a dedicated network for their remote broadcasts. That said, the technology is there but it depends on cost and demand and it'll be interesting to see if the ban/limit on crowds might see a change in thinking on streaming games long term.

Pixellot are installing a fibre connection at all grounds for their system so presumably it won't be affected by any "public" use. I'm not tech minded at all but I'm assuming that will only be accessible to themselves.
Yeah, fibre is the fastest connection available and would require a physical cable or secure wifi which the wider public wouldn't have access to.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I take it if I just login to my account and buy the same kind of ticket I had last season it’ll automatically add it to my plastic card?

Aye pretty much. Full details on website. 

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I take it if I just login to my account and buy the same kind of ticket I had last season it’ll automatically add it to my plastic card?

Yes , guys fine a great job setting it up , pre populates all your details , only asks you to confirm DoB

18 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Aye, had to click back many times to get the right year 😭

That was the hardest bit 😂😂.  Kobe done ✅. Can wait for it all to start again . The longest pre season in history .