The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

£10 I reckon would be fair. 

Seemingly there are new cameras going in just for streaming , if for example they say ( like some other clubs ) that your season ticket gets you the stream if no fans allowed then surely they can’t sell it less than gate price , will be interesting , let’s hope streaming is not required and fans are allowed in 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That is mental tbf.

Dunno what people would consider a fair price for us in the Championship?

It all depends for me, if this was an every week forever thing then it being the same price as a ticket works for me. 

The reason we (normally) have the TV blackout is fear of fans not attending so they can watch shite on Sky.

If it was removed but only so (home) clubs could sell it themselves for the price of a match ticket it would be helpful for when some clubs play eachother Ayr/ Queen of the South & Inverness in particular.  

I love an away game but I'd be quite happy to chuck Inverness the entry fee and stay in the house making a huge saving on my day. 

Should it be cheaper than that though, yes.  

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Seemingly there are new cameras going in just for streaming , if for example they say ( like some other clubs ) that your season ticket gets you the stream if no fans allowed then surely they can’t sell it less than gate price , will be interesting , let’s hope streaming is not required and fans are allowed in 

Is that not for betting companies?  

4k Pixellot AI cameras that are being installed at all the championship grounds. 

Edited by itzdrk

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

£10 I reckon would be fair. 

What would be the point in buying a season ticket then?

We've priced at £17.50 PPV. Season ticket holders are paying £17.10 per game.

Fine line and you've to decide whether to shaft season ticket holders for the sake of part time fans, or shaft part time fans for the sake of season ticket holders. 

Not sure its fair to criticise clubs for looking after the investment of season ticket fans.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What would be the point in buying a season ticket then?

We've priced at £17.50 PPV. Season ticket holders are paying £17.10 per game.

Fine line and you've to decide whether to shaft season ticket holders for the sake of part time fans, or shaft part time fans for the sake of season ticket holders. 

Not sure its fair to criticise clubs for looking after the investment of season ticket fans.

I’m taking the glass half full approach and hoping there will only be a few games behind closed doors before fans are allowed in. 

Yeah, its so uncertain:

you could have fans at all league games.

or X number of games without fans.

or even no season at all/even more truncated. (ie. Second wave).

There are no easy choices. I tend to agree with the Saints fan. I think from a fairness point of view you would have to price it at what season ticket holders have paid.

38 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Yeah this. I dont really know what folk are expecting. Live streaming in the UK isnt allowed generally. This is a special exemption to replace attendance if stadia are closed door, or restricted. The option will disappear altogether when crowds are allowed. Given season ticket holders are paying a standard ticket price for access I don't see how they can reasonably sell an individual match access for any less and I would be surprised if any club does. If you sell individual matches for say £10 season ticket holders would righfully be up in arms about it. Ours would be anyway. Whats the point in paying for a season ticket to sit at home and watch something you could have done the same with for half the cost on a match basis? 

If clubs at this level are to remain full time then fans cant realistically expect them to do so off little or no gate income. Its a trade off. You cant expect 4 or 5 new signings while expecting to pay no more than a tenner for virtual attendance.

Hopefully we will be allowed crowds by October to head this off.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Livingston charging fans £20 per game to watch their livestreams. 

Must be paying Forrest a packet of a wage lol

Anyone with a pirate App will get all premier league matches for free.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

The same 'fans' will whine like children for more signings and chant "Sack the Board' when their club goes bust.

A genuine fan I'd expect to pay their way for their own club, however we're having the arse ripped right out of us in this country with pay tv and as such more and more people have now hit their tipping point I'm afraid and quite rightly so in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The same 'fans' will whine like children for more signings and chant "Sack the Board' when their club goes bust.

Yeah, I'm quite sure they wouldn't even have the self awareness to realise the hypocrisy. 🤣

I'd love to be able to get legit online streams to watch Ayr in good quality and would be happy to pay for the privilege

The streaming that the betting companies use tends to be viewable on Bet365 in Canada and I've used that for a few things in the past by casting to the TV from my phone

BT Sport have been using the EE 5G network to broadcast the English National League, and the quality has been indistinguishable from the conventional broadcast methods.  Granted, they have millions of pounds behind them, and seem to be at the forefront of trying to use new technology but it does show the technology is available (I'll add the caveat that not all regions will have the same level of coverage) that should allow good quality streaming with no real technical problems.  

I'm with Itzdrk, I'd happily pay the equivalent gate price to stream a game (for example if it was midweek away to Inverness).  I assume there are legal issues with broadcasters, but one thing the pandemic has done has been to encourage business to look at how they operate.