The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Its nice to see you twisting my point. 😄

In 2017/18 it was £16 to get in; in 2020/21 is £20 to get in. A 25% rise in 3 years. That's a fact whether its minimal or not is entirely subjective.

If its for covid-19 it would be a one-off rise and revert back. In the short term its for covid-19 but whats it for thereafter?

Ure still over egging it a bit.... And making it sound worse.... Its actually 20 %.... Sorry for splitting hairs but bad math annoys me lol

4 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Ure still over egging it a bit.... And making it sound worse.... Its actually 20 %.... Sorry for splitting hairs but bad math annoys me lo

Trogdor is correct in his calculations. It's a 25% increase since £4 is 25% of £16. That is how you work it out, not by using the end figure.

5 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Ure still over egging it a bit.... And making it sound worse.... Its actually 20 %.... Sorry for splitting hairs but bad math annoys me lol

Think you’ll find it’s MATHS!!!

7 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

You've had a bit of a mare there. 

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

20 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I was looking at over the last 5-10 years there’s quite a few years that prices didn’t fluctuate, but if you spread the increases over that you’ll find that the increase is in line with inflation! 

Basically for the last few years we have been underpaying to go to games! 

I think using 10 year inflation you may be closer. I cant remember what we charged 10 years ago. I expect inflafion is maybe slightly less than 3% a year over that timeframe but not 100% sure. If you'd simply stated 10 years I wouldn't have questioned it.

I think the fundamental issue causing that is the number of seasons we 'yo-yoed'. When we got promoted we would add +£1 or +£2 then we got relegated we would take it off again. Thus never really increasing for inflation. Also, it looks a bit daft pricing for inflation anyway as you end up with increases like 48p or 53p. Best to do it every couple of seasons so it goes up in round amounts.

30 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Joins for an undisclosed fee, assuming that'll be the £60k??

£60k is a pretty good result if true. We're used to losing players for nought so I'll take it. 👏

Good luck to Harvie. He should be do really well in League One. Hopefully it triggers a bigger move, do we have a sell on?

According to the BBC, MK Dons haven't revealed the length of the contract. Is that not a bit odd?

Edited by Trogdor

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think using 10 year inflation you may be closer. I cant remember what we charged 10 years ago. I expect inflafion is maybe slightly less than 3% a year over that timeframe but not 100% sure. If you'd simply stated 10 years I wouldn't have questioned it.

I think the fundamental issue causing that is the number of seasons we 'yo-yoed'. When we got promoted we would add +£1 or +£2 then we got relegated we would take it off again. Thus never really increasing for inflation. Also, it looks a bit daft pricing for inflation anyway as you end up with increases like 48p or 53p. Best to do it every couple of seasons so it goes up in round amounts.

Although they give a yearly percentage for inflation you need to look over a longer period than just one year as things can be affected differently!  Even over the 5 years it’s close to the inflation figure especially considering we have been in a higher league most of those years and switched from PT to FT 

Great move for a great player and Ayr can be reasonably pleased on this one .  Hopefully it will send a message to young players that South Ayrshire is the best place to get game time and develop. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is there signing news tomorrow?

Well i'm just going by last weeks tuesday news and then Robbo saying there would be news every week so presuming it would be tomorrow maybe??

@Robbo63 will there be anymore #imminent this week?