The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Season and walk up ticket pricing is more than reasonable . The project needs funding and this is one of the ways to allow that to happen. The £2 extra would pretty much pay the salary of a decent player ....

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Just following the discussion here and I think the important thing is that we're not overcharging at 20 quid but merely matching the majority of our peers.

We obviously have aspirations to compete at the top of this division so as such I would expect us to charge accordingly with the same sort of pricing as everyone else with similar aspirations.

We have appointed a rookie management team and apart from Murdoch lost the rest of our top players to higher league teams. Whilst it could happen im not really sure why the last two seasons will be replicated and allow us to charge top 4 pricing 

As far as I'm aware £20 is the standard price for our league with only QOS and the two smaller part time sides charging less. 

As for the other points, it could easily be argued that we've replaced Forrest and Harvie with like for like with a current Scottish U21 international and a highly sought after winger for this level, with the promise of more to follow.

On club size we're pretty similar to Morton but I'd say over the past couple of years we've been outperforming them both on and off the park and as such moving up this league in the natural pecking order, remember, it was only a couple of seasons back that we were a part time league 1 bottom championship yo yo side, however the club in general has progressed hugely in that two to three seasons both on and off the field and I for one are more than happy to continue supporting this project, even if it costs me an extra £2 a fortnight.

32 minutes ago, cop said:

I'm liking how in Lachlan's statement it says there are more exciting signings to come in the next few weeks.  Could it be that they are already signed but not yet announced?

I would think there are not many players still to put pen to paper , with the exception of loanees 

Edited by Robbo63

See that a vote on whether to allow 5 subs next season is to take pace.

Considering there's times in the season where we struggle to put five players on the bench I doubt we'd support it.

I think you'd find a lot of the "smaller squad" teams would reject as it would allow the likes of Dundee etc with bigger squads to use that to their advantage in games.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Considering there's times in the season where we struggle to put five players on the bench I doubt we'd support it.

I think you'd find a lot of the "smaller squad" teams would reject as it would allow the likes of Dundee etc with bigger squads to use that to their advantage in games.

Yeah this. Personally I'm not particularly in favour. Having watched it in the televised English games, I'm not a fan. It just allows the stronger squads to use it to their advantage more. I also think that it holds things up even more notwithstanding the fact you are only allowed three "stoppages" to make your five subs.

However, I do expect the players union to support it on the basis that (1) we are likelier to have to play a lot of football with lesser rest between games (taking into account the potential for local lockdowns, etc to cause  postponements, never mind the usual weather ones in a tight schedule at the best of times (God help us if this one is a bad winter!). and (2) it will potentially lead to more players being eligible for bonuses for actually playing, depending on how each club does their bonus scheme. I suspect it will be passed for the Championship.

If we sign any of Danny Rodgers, Blair Alston or Tom Walsh I’ll be very happy. 

Alston away to Falkirk apparently.

I’m still holding out hope for Walsh considering he’s from Ayrshire and a Premiership team might not take him given his injuries last season. Would be brilliant to have him and Zanatta on the wings and McCowan off the striker.

I’m still holding out hope for Walsh considering he’s from Ayrshire and a Premiership team might not take him given his injuries last season. Would be brilliant to have him and Zanatta on the wings and McCowan off the striker.
Walsh has signed for Hamilton I'm pretty sure I saw

1 minute ago, rb123! said:
2 minutes ago, D said:

Walsh has signed for Hamilton I'm pretty sure I saw

You thinking of Charlie Trafford? 

It was Charlie Trafford that Accies signed.

Tom Walsh was apparently training with St Johnstone but that was weeks ago and I’m not sure he’ll get a move to the Premiership this summer. He may well be a target for Hamilton but he hasn’t signed yet.

Edit: It was Dundee Utd that had apparently offered him a deal but that was before Neilson left. He might rock up at Hearts now.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Tom Walsh was apparently training with St Johnstone 

That turned out to be one of our youth players.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

I’m personally against the 5 sub situation. I understand why it was done with the English premier league games after lockdown, but it’s not needed next season. Hopefully common sense will prevail with the vote, but going on previous votes and the clusterfck soap opera that is the SPFL I won’t hold my breath 

3 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:
2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
If we sign any of Danny Rodgers, Blair Alston or Tom Walsh I’ll be very happy. 

Tom Walsh would be an excellent signing imo, would've thought he'd be staying in the top tier

Staying? He was at Inverness last season.