The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, RedEd said:

the only thing I can remember  about him was being sent off at Love Street for a push. 

The St Mirren player went through him about knee height and got booked, a potentially career ending tackle. Prenderville  got a straight red for pushing the player. 

He was signed at the time we were basically raking Hibs bin for players

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re expecting signing news sometime next week anyway aren’t we? If Wright is on his way it could probably be announced then.

Not sure 🤔, think next week will be season ticket prices , may do a double announcement, believe they have stuff to announce every week for next 2/3 weeks to keep fans interested in what’s coming next 

56 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
5 hours ago, North British said:

Ooft. Quite the claim before you've even seen them play. A left back you hadnt heard of a week ago and Dario Zanatta who had a really good season with Alloa and a pretty poor one with Thistle. He might be a good signing but Forrest has been one of the best left sided players in the League for a couple of seasons. There is a reason he has gone to the Premiership and Zanatta didnt.

When Zanatta was at Alloa  he was coached by the first class Goodwin , at thistle McCall had lost his precious no2 Sandy Stewart , Sandy did most of the training at Ayr . Now Dario will be looked after by Mark and Mick ,who everybody at Ayr has high hopes for . So I’m pretty optimistic how that deal will go.

On the Patrick Reading signing I spoke to one of his U21 colleagues, I was told he has a great left peg and loves clattering into tackles .He was pretty clear Patrick was a massive coup for Ayr United . He also went on to say Ayr would be better than alright this season . I didn’t press him on what he meant by that or what he might know ! 

The guys played one game for the under 21s. I really don’t think any of us can say with any certainty whether or not he’ll come good.

I trust that Kerr and McArdle will be pretty meticulous when it comes to doing their homework on a player but it could go either way with him.

The boredom of lockdown has got to me and I’ve been work on possible formations for next season and the understanding that there will be five more new signings. The one that fills me with the most excitement is a 4-2-3-1 which would look like this at the moment.

GK

Jordan Houston

Steven Bell

Aaron Muirhead 

Patrick Reading 

Andy Murdoch 

Mark Kerr

Dario Zantta

Luke McCowan

Michael Moffat

Craig Moore

Subs: Academy GK, Ecrepont, Roscoe, CM, CM, Winger, Striker

Ideally four of the five signings will be GK, Defensive midfielder to play beside Murdoch, Winger to replace Moffat and a Striker to either replace or complete with Moore. Then another centre mid who can play both defensive and attacking would be handy. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The St Mirren player went through him about knee height and got booked, a potentially career ending tackle. Prenderville  got a straight red for pushing the player. 

He was signed at the time we were basically raking Hibs bin for players

I seem to remember it was a fairly soft red. Just remembered the Hibs right back we signed a couple of years later, at the same time as Hughes and McGinlay. Michael Renwick was as about bad as Prendervile. And didn't last much longer.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The guys played one game for the under 21s. I really don’t think any of us can say with any certainty whether or not he’ll come good.

I trust that Kerr and McArdle will be pretty meticulous when it comes to doing their homework on a player but it could go either way with him.

We also have Ecrepont who has been unlucky not to get more game time. Hopefully at least one out of the two will come good and nail the place down 

43 minutes ago, North British said:

When Zanatta was at Alloa  he was coached by the first class Goodwin , at thistle McCall had lost his precious no2 Sandy Stewart , Sandy did most of the training at Ayr . Now Dario will be looked after by Mark and Mick ,who everybody at Ayr has high hopes for . So I’m pretty optimistic how that deal will go.

On the Patrick Reading signing I spoke to one of his U21 colleagues, I was told he has a great left peg and loves clattering into tackles .He was pretty clear Patrick was a massive coup for Ayr United . He also went on to say Ayr would be better than alright this season . I didn’t press him on what he meant by that or what he might know ! 

Out of the three management names you’ve mentioned surely McCall has the best track record in developing wayward players careers? 

I wouldnt be playing Bell and Muirhead at centre half. Imo Muirhead should be played further forward (where he can do less damage to us and more to the opposition). Also, this is a big season for Roscoe, if he's going to kick on it has to be this season. So he would start for me and ideally we need another centre half because as we saw last season Bell will be injured and Muirhead will also be injured or sitting out because of indiscipline. Thus 3 centre halfs isn't enough.

I wouldnt be playing Bell and Muirhead at centre half. Imo Muirhead should be played further forward (where he can do less damage to us and more to the opposition). Also, this is a big season for Roscoe, if he's going to kick on it has to be this season. So he would start for me and ideally we need another centre half because as we saw last season Bell will be injured and Muirhead will also be injured or sitting out because of indiscipline. Thus 3 centre halfs isn't enough.

If Kerr sticks to bringing in 5 players then one or two of them will probably be able to play in a couple of positions. Bringing in a midfielder that can play centre half is maybe a possibility.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The boredom of lockdown has got to me and I’ve been work on possible formations for next season and the understanding that there will be five more new signings. The one that fills me with the most excitement is a 4-2-3-1 which would look like this at the moment.

GK

Jordan Houston

Steven Bell

Aaron Muirhead 

Patrick Reading 

Andy Murdoch 

Mark Kerr

Dario Zantta

Luke McCowan

Michael Moffat

Craig Moore

Subs: Academy GK, Ecrepont, Roscoe, CM, CM, Winger, Striker

Ideally four of the five signings will be GK, Defensive midfielder to play beside Murdoch, Winger to replace Moffat and a Striker to either replace or complete with Moore. Then another centre mid who can play both defensive and attacking would be handy. 

Would anyone put Luke MccCown up-front. He was banging in the goals for the reserves and was getting a bit predictable on the wing.

15 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Would anyone put Luke MccCown up-front. He was banging in the goals for the reserves and was getting a bit predictable on the wing.

I’d have him playing in the Number 10 role. Either side of Zanatta and someone like Tom Walsh. Ideally I’d have someone like Blair Alston playing beside Murdoch 

28 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

We will need to see how Kerr sets his team up. McCowan didn’t seem to get as much game time once we started playing for the 1-0 wins. Would like to see him play more as a difficult player to stop when on his game