The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As I said before so long as he doesn’t constantly chuck the ball into his own net and isn’t glued to his goal line I’ll be happy.

Might just be following us because a couple of his pals played for us last season but if he does sign it could end up being another Houston deal where we end up making it permanent. Providing he does ok of course.

Nah, I think there’s more to it than that. The only other clubs he’s following Is clubs he’s played for. 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

I had a feeling we’d get an OF youngster as a GK. I’d be happy enough with Wright but iirc he wasn’t particularly tall 

6 foot 2 in 

We’ve had our fair share of good / bad goalies over the years.

Whoever we end up with, I’m sure the gaffer will have crunched the numbers and looked at all options.

Hopefully we will be playing more up the other end of the pitch next season anyway.

I’m a great believer in having a solid backbone to your team. Having a good goalkeeper, strong CH, dominant CM and reliable CF. Have that and everything else will take care of itself.
However, probably most important of all is the keeper. Really important that Kerr gets this right. No team succeeds with a dodgy goalkeeper, unless your Brazil in the 70’s and 80’s.

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Whoever we end up with, I’m sure the gaffer will have crunched the numbers and looked at all options.

I too trust big Mick and his laptop. I'd take Wright over Scully thats for sure.

Although, I usually prefer an experienced keeper but Doohan's success has made me more open to a young goalie.

Goalie is a hard position look at De Gea at Man United best goalie in the world a couple of years ago, with match winning performances to worst goalie in the Premier League with number of errors leading to goals. 

Edited by Trogdor

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@AUFC 1910

North Terracing

Depending on weather/opposition with a decent away support where banter can be had at Seggy Fence I’d normally go to north terrace when Ayr are shouting into railway end and SRE when shouting into the Somerset road end. Ideally this is always the 2nd half. 

13 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Quick Poll:

Where do you stand / sit at Somerset?
1. Stand
2. North Terracing
3. Somerset Road End
4. Enclosure

North Terracing when attacking towards Railway End , and Somerset Road End when attacking that end 

40 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Quick Poll:

Where do you stand / sit at Somerset?
1. Stand
2. North Terracing
3. Somerset Road End
4. Enclosure

North Terracing if it's dry. If it's wet then behind whichever goal we're attacking if we have access to both ends.

4 hours ago, North British said:

Against all odds we have replaced Forrest and Harvie with out really down grading the left side of the team at all . 

Ooft. Quite the claim before you've even seen them play. A left back you hadnt heard of a week ago and Dario Zanatta who had a really good season with Alloa and a pretty poor one with Thistle. He might be a good signing but Forrest has been one of the best left sided players in the League for a couple of seasons. There is a reason he has gone to the Premiership and Zanatta didnt.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, North British said:

Harvie and Reading were U21 internationals at the same time, Zannatta and Forrest both achieved that level in the past , all be it for different countries. I hopefully we have mitigated the loss of our two best players .

Yeah we had Jason Kerr on loan from St Johnstone couple of years ago. U21 international, best defender we have had at the club in the last decade, already captain of St Johnstone, I expect him to go a lot further in the game. 

When he was recalled we replaced him by getting his u21 colleague Kyle Cameron on loan from Newcastle United. Looked a great move on paper but he was average at best, didnt start for us regularly, was released by Newcastle and was last heard of playing non league down South.

You might win a watch with Reading or he might be completely fish out of water hopeless.