The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I didn't think Hart was that bad either, just an inexperienced goalkeeper who clearly lacked confidence.  He wasn't helped by the defence at times either, IIRC, but thought he did well mentally to come for those last few games.  Ruddy was shite and a dick by all accounts. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Harsh on hart!! No way near my top 3 Ruddy yes I agree was bad

Agree with that, Hart is never in the top three.

Ruddy should be though as he was a charlatan. He's up there with the wage thief in my eyes!

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Never forget that shambles up at Raith and when he charged out his box against Arborath. 

Yeah, I raise you the goal we managed to concede against Alloa.

A Ruddy miskick to Stewart who hits a fairly tame effort only for Ruddy to slip and fall over himself and the ball to trickle into the net. 

That was an aberration. Talk about selling the jersey. 

Edited by Trogdor

Hart regularly made errors you don’t  see after boys club level. He could look quite good for most  of the game then a massive howler happened. As mentioned earlier his confidence was probably shot. Can’t remember a goalie  or defender ever making as many game changing mistakes. Probably because most other players get dropped and fight their way back in.  We were scoring lots of goals so McCall chose to keep playing him but eventually had to find another option 

That day away at Airdrie when Hart came back was brilliant, even the folk that defended him knew he had made mistakes and some folk seemed like they wanted to murder him but he made an early save and aw c**t was singing his name simply because he wasn't Jack Ruddy. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That day away at Airdrie when Hart came back was brilliant, even the folk that defended him knew he had made mistakes and some folk seemed like they wanted to murder him but he made an early save and aw c**t was singing his name simply because he wasn't Jack Ruddy. 

The reception he got when he ran towards his goal at the start of the game was beautiful. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The reception he got when he ran towards his goal at the start of the game was beautiful. 

He even conceded a goal and naebody was aw that bothert by his part.  A nice day. 

He even conceded a goal and naebody was aw that bothert by his part.  A nice day. 

Easily my favourite away day that season. And that’s something you don’t often hear about Airdrie.