The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Have no idea why they aren't on sale, we must be one of the last to do so. I know we don't start until October but still.

Dunfermline have already sold about 1,500 meanwhile we've sold 0. Also may be an added benefit this season for having a season ticket if it guarantees you access to a game at Somerset where crowd numbers are capped.

They'll be out soon, we obviously aren't desperate for the cash...

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We’re not miles away from a decent starting side now. A keeper, centre half, central midfielder and striker. If we add another quality midfielder we’re looking very good in there with Zanatta, McCowan and Murdoch. 

Make sure he's tall.

Presuming Harvie, Geggan and Gillespie are all offski I’d say we need the following:

GK

CB

3x CM

Winger

Striker 

Leaves us something like this: GK, Houston, Muirhead, Bell, Reading, Murdoch, New CM, New Cm, Zanatta, Moore, McCowan

Subs: Academy GK, Ecrepont, Roscoe, New CM, New Winger, Moffat, New Striker 

Does everyone think that’s realistic to expect another 7 new signings? 

1 hour ago, VladimirMooc said:

Ahahahaha. Zanatta is one of the biggest cowards I’ve ever seen play for Thistle, and we have had a lot of cowards in our time. He has some pace but, after his debut for us, was one of the most disappointing signings in recent years. Heart the size of a pea and him triggering his relegation clause was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise grim few months for Thistle. 

A very different Zanatta to the player we had the season before! Took him a wee while to get going but when he did he was terrific. Quick and skillful with a goal threat and a great attitude too, working hard non stop for the team. Likes a wee dive though.

With the right management and platform Dario is capable of being a very good signing for Ayr. 

Edited by Waspie

Goalkeeper , two centre midfielders  and a striker . Are we looking at Drinan , Marley and Barjones . Plus obviously a keeper . Very impressed with today’s work , wouldn’t be too fused if it was loans . The club has done well getting these guys in today and tying up our best lads ... Well Done Kerso ....

Presuming Harvie, Geggan and Gillespie are all offski I’d say we need the following:
GK
CB
3x CM
Winger
Striker 
Leaves us something like this: GK, Houston, Muirhead, Bell, Reading, Murdoch, New CM, New Cm, Zanatta, Moore, McCowan
Subs: Academy GK, Ecrepont, Roscoe, New CM, New Winger, Moffat, New Striker 
Does everyone think that’s realistic to expect another 7 new signings? 

I don’t think you’re far off there although of those 7 I think 3 or 4 will be loans. I think the 3 central midfielders will depend on whether Kerr continues playing. Regardless of that, one of them needs to be more attack minded like Kelly.

Ayrshire Post has just dropped boys. It was obviously released before the new signings as has no mention of them however mentions the 4 re-signings.

Kerr won’t be rushed into signings however has spoken with a number of targets. The squad will be slightly lighter in numbers than normal.  He is going to continue playing however isn’t wanting to play as much as before

Frustratingly he said a new deal was almost agreed with Danny Harvie before COVID19 and he’s now on his way to MK Dons. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Dunfermline announced a number of  good signings then season ticket sales took off ,what’s the rush ? a number of fans prefer to see what they are going to watch before deciding either to buy or not , we will sell just as many tickets if not more than last year when they go on sale very soon.  Dunfermline also sold over 3000 last year so still a lot to sell , honestly can’t see the panic 

Very, very encouraging day and what's even more important is that they are all signed players and the 2 year deals also a big thing and a sign of intent I'd say by our club.

This of course means we are now able to bring in 3 or 4 Loan signings and today's business takes the pressure off and means Kerr can pick and choose to get us the right guys who will only be improving the team as opposed to just making up numbers.

As I said, very pleased indeed.

Ahahahaha. Zanatta is one of the biggest cowards I’ve ever seen play for Thistle, and we have had a lot of cowards in our time. He has some pace but, after his debut for us, was one of the most disappointing signings in recent years. Heart the size of a pea and him triggering his relegation clause was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise grim few months for Thistle. 
Just you worry about league 1.

Wow... only just logged back in (busy day). I'm chuffed to see 2 year deals as it gives a bit of continuity.

Andy Murdoch 🖤🤍🖤

Zanntta has stacks of potential - let's hope Kerr can get him playing like he did at Alloa.

Reading I haven't heard of but very much the same mould as the guys we've brought through who are Scotland U21s.

Positions still needed: GK; CD; CM x 2; Winger; CF

Only 77 days until our first league cup fixture and I can't wait!

Edited by Trogdor

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is Kerrzo’s interview with AU Media likely to be up tonight as I can’t find it. 

It's up now. 

Edited by itzdrk