The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t understand Moffat. He was clinical and scored loads before signing for Dunfermline. He was always good on the ball with us previously but going full time just took him to another level. If he was still as clinical as he was in his first spell with us whilst keeping his excelling link up play and movement then he’d be the best striker in this league.

Given we’ve already got Moore and Mark McKenzie is likely going to step up from the youth set up we’re probably only looking at bringing one out and out striker in. Ideally that person would have to give us a return of around 10 goals for us to have another go at the playoffs. Whether that’s Nelson or not I’m not sure.

I wish I knew, at times his finishing is genuinely fantastic, just placing it into the net, calm as you like. Sadly allot of the time he just, misses. 

A great player. 

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Has Mark Kerr retired from playing? I was reading the Advertiser earlier and they were talking to him  about next season and they said “the former midfielder”

We would be desperate to keep Mark Kerr on as a player. 

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not saying he should start every week, but he’d be a good option from the bench if we’re as down to the bare bones as folk are predicting 

I'm refusing us to go down this Mark Roberts player/manager route again. Let him get on with the management and if we're down to the bare bones, I'd rather see a youngster getting a chance. 

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We expecting any new signings or re signings next week then boys? 

That bed is getting wetter

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Has Mark Kerr retired from playing? I was reading the Advertiser earlier and they were talking to him  about next season and they said “the former midfielder”

Not sure, I noticed that comment as well but not sure an Advertiser article about how we will have a smaller squad is clumsily where we find out Kerr has retired as a player. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve already got a perfectly good right back with 2 backups at the club.

In my opinion we have the best right back in the league . So I wasn’t advocating signing an expensive thirty something just highlighting that the market was indeed fluid .  As for this Dryhorse business , give me a break . I’m just an Ayr United fan wanting to debate Ayr United . Some of you need to dump the high school chess club stance and just go with the idea that other people see things in other ways . 

5 minutes ago, North British said:

In my opinion we have the best right back in the league . So I wasn’t advocating signing an expensive thirty something just highlighting that the market was indeed fluid .  As for this Dryhorse business , give me a break . I’m just an Ayr United fan wanting to debate Ayr United . Some of you need to dump the high school chess club stance and just go with the idea that other people see things in other ways . 

This bit properly intrigues me. What have you got against chess clubs? That's a weird example to choose. 🤔

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This bit properly intrigues me. What have you got against chess clubs? That's a weird example to choose. 🤔

^^^ Sits in the house playing Chess on a Saturday night type post 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
^^^ Sits in the house playing Chess on a Saturday night type post 

It’s a game for intellects mate.

I take it you don’t play?

It’s a game for bellends kid .

I take it you do .