The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, RedEd said:

No. He goes along from time to tim, often with Jim Fleeting. Speak to him sometimes in the Wee Windaes.

Is Jim Fleeting the dad of Julie Fleeting as I’m sure she is married to Jim Stewart’s son Colin Stewart?

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is Jim Fleeting the dad of Julie Fleeting as I’m sure she is married to Jim Stewart’s son Colin Stewart

He is, and she is.

Edited by RedEd

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Listening to sport sound podcast, Jim Stewart watches Ayr? Is that as a scout for our neighbours?

16 minutes ago, RedEd said:

No. He goes along from time to time, often with Jim Fleeting. Speak to him sometimes in the Wee Windaes.

Yip, I saw him and Fleeting in the SRE last season. I’m sure it was a game when Forrest scored and everyone in the photo shown later was celebrating bar they pair😂

12 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Did everyone who pre-ordered the new home top get theirs hand delivered the other week?

I ordered mine in May so presumed I’d get it but haven’t had it delivered yet.

club website says that local addresses would be delivered by 4th July.

Every top ordered by 3rd July were  hand delivered to all homes in Ayrshire ( even if you asked for local pick up )and posted by 5th for all outside Ayrshire , check your order as 2 people called and it turned out it was still in their inbox ( therefore  not ordered) PM me your order number and I will check or phone us in shop tomorrow between 9-4

Every top ordered by 3rd July were  hand delivered to all homes in Ayrshire ( even if you asked for local pick up )and posted by 5th for all outside Ayrshire , check your order as 2 people called and it turned out it was still in their inbox ( therefore  not ordered) PM me your order number and I will check or phone us in shop tomorrow between 9-4

You are some guy Robbo!

Was just thinking about that. How many clubs do you get such personal service from? From sorting out  a misplaced season  (let me in to games for 3 weeks till I thought to check the car glove compartment!) to getting autographs for kids. The service in the club shop. There is definitely something special about our team. Would be good to be "up there"  but I do sometimes feel sad about what we may lose.

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

All good, got a reply. Apparently there was a breakdown in communication with my order and it wasn’t processed.

Its all been sorted and it’s now on its way.

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip, I saw him and Fleeting in the SRE last season. I’m sure it was a game when Forrest scored and everyone in the photo shown later was celebrating bar they pair😂

Big Jim Fleeting is an Ayr United supporter through and through.

6 hours ago, Somerset 2010 said:

Was just thinking about that. How many clubs do you get such personal service from? From sorting out  a misplaced season  (let me in to games for 3 weeks till I thought to check the car glove compartment!) to getting autographs for kids. The service in the club shop. There is definitely something special about our team. Would be good to be "up there"  but I do sometimes feel sad about what we may lose.

We do all of that. I'd imagine most lower League clubs do.

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We noticed that big Lithgow is free, would not mind him coming back. 

From the jail? In before the first 'I don't want a flasher playing for my club!'.

I'd take him back assuming he is fit. I think he's suffered quite badly with injury as late so would be a risk. Was he not Livi's captain as well? You'd have thought they may have kept him if there was a prospect of recovery.

Edited by Trogdor

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We noticed that big Lithgow is free, would not mind him coming back. 

He isn't free. The BBC have been wrong about it for about 6 months. He still has a year left on his deal, as does Menga and Lawson. 

Lithgow had a burst appendix last season and was out for about 7 months with the effects of that all. He came back for a game or two and then had a bad injury that required surgery. That was about December, but he had to wait to get the surgery, and then Coronavirus hit and he still hasn't had the surgery. He's probably still going to be out for about 8 months or so.

He's done brilliant by us, and the club will stand by him through injury from the looks of it. He's a cracking no nonsense defender, the downside being that he's very limited with the ball at his feet. Prime and fit Lithgow is probably 4th or 5th choice for us, but still a good choice for a Championship side for a few years yet, if he gets back to his old self after his recovery

52 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He isn't free. The BBC have been wrong about it for about 6 months. He still has a year left on his deal, as does Menga and Lawson. 

Lithgow had a burst appendix last season and was out for about 7 months with the effects of that all. He came back for a game or two and then had a bad injury that required surgery. That was about December, but he had to wait to get the surgery, and then Coronavirus hit and he still hasn't had the surgery. He's probably still going to be out for about 8 months or so.

He's done brilliant by us, and the club will stand by him through injury from the looks of it. He's a cracking no nonsense defender, the downside being that he's very limited with the ball at his feet. Prime and fit Lithgow is probably 4th or 5th choice for us, but still a good choice for a Championship side for a few years yet, if he gets back to his old self after his recovery

Ah! I'd expect he'll be getting a few phone calls off the back of that though!

Quality defender when he has adequate players around him, not Adam Hunter, Scott McLaughlin & Gordon Pope 🤤

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah but we do it with panache!

dressing-gown-new-e1565362941209-300x300.jpg.c9f6b1ca7cf36e6ff417a522f2077434.jpg

Never mind QOS with their "this love will last forever" flag for Dobbie, could you imagine a big flag with the Moff in this exact pose and gown, and perhaps the Ayr badge in the background? Would be an absolute belter!