The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

What a load of shite.

McManus is a grafter but also a threat. We know what we are getting.  He has ''cut it'' in the Championship, as he has a league winners medal and played 45 times for County in the right midfield role in that season.  He got to the play-offs and won  player of the year awards with us in season 17/18 in championship.  He has since scored 24 goals for Falkirk in league 1 and had previously scored 20 odd for Morton in that league too. Kind of tells me his bit better than league one. 

I wouldn't say we are excited about him coming back, but more happy to see him back as we know what we're getting and a wee chance he's come back a better player at 25 year old.

Sounds to me that your trying to make yourself feel a bit better by downplaying our signings. 

You’re referring to his 4 goals in 17 appearances for Morton in 2015/16?  Or maybe his 5 in 34 for Raith Rovers n 16/17?  No wait, it’s the 7 in 32 for Dunfermline in 17/18 you’re talking about?  But then I’m also forgetting his 2 in 32 for Ross County in 18/19?  Whoops, missed out his 1 in 18 for Alloa way back in 2013.   Scored a few goals for Morton back in 2015 at League 1 level, but that kind of backs up my view that he once again found his level with Falkirk last season.

As a replacement for Kevin Nisbet, I wouldn’t be too excited either.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The local council killed off a coupe of attempts, the last attempt was based on Somerset being purchased for housing and the buyers pulled out of the deal, effectively killing that attempt off.  

No they didnt. The original Heathfield application was refused by the Scottish Executive. The second one was approved by the council.

3 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You’re referring to his 4 goals in 17 appearances for Morton in 2015/16?  Or maybe his 5 in 34 for Raith Rovers n 16/17?  No wait, it’s the 7 in 32 for Dunfermline in 17/18 you’re talking about?  But then I’m also forgetting his 2 in 32 for Ross County in 18/19?  Whoops, missed out his 1 in 18 for Alloa way back in 2013.   Scored a few goals for Morton back in 2015 at League 1 level, but that kind of backs up my view that he once again found his level with Falkirk last season.

As a replacement for Kevin Nisbet, I wouldn’t be too excited either.

Why are you bothering about this? No Pars fan has said we're excited. Only you have said that.

I don't think he's Nesbit's replacement. I think McManus, Dow, O'Hara and Dom Thomas are going to give us a more varied threat next season. Maybe a bit one dimensional last year. 

The one player that I'm excited about in Dom Thomas on a 2 year deal. Delight to watch.

9 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Why are you bothering about this? No Pars fan has said we're excited. Only you have said that.

I don't think he's Nesbit's replacement. I think McManus, Dow, O'Hara and Dom Thomas are going to give us a more varied threat next season. Maybe a bit one dimensional last year. 

The one player that I'm excited about in Dom Thomas on a 2 year deal. Delight to watch.

I was making the point that Dunfermline fans definitely not getting excited about the return of Declan McManus is an illustration of the poor quality of options available and probably explains why Kerr is looking further afield.  You suggested i was talking shite about him not really cutting it at championship level and offered his goal scoring record at League 1 level as evidence.   

55 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I think he’s still raging after getting hounded off this thread for trying to paint Dunfermline as saviours of humanity for chucking their entire squad during a global pandemic tbh.

Seemed to be precious few Ayr fans willing to reply to anyone speaking facts on that matter tbh. 

Not getting the criticism for McManus, he was absolutely a second striker, designed to get Clark goals and they had a good partnership, much rather have him for us, than against us next season. 

Without Shankland, Nisbet, Forrest, Hemmings, White and McHugh we've got the top scoring player from this division for next season, along with the second top scorer from the tier below, any team in this league, outwith Hearts would be happy with that going into this season. 

33 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I was making the point that Dunfermline fans definitely not getting excited about the return of Declan McManus is an illustration of the poor quality of options available and probably explains why Kerr is looking further afield.  You suggested i was talking shite about him not really cutting it at championship level and offered his goal scoring record at League 1 level as evidence.   

McManus isn't a poor quality option though.

There's much more to his game than scoring goals. If we are happy enough with that, then why are you so bothered?

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

No they didnt. The original Heathfield application was refused by the Scottish Executive. The second one was approved by the council.

With a specification that they upgraded Heathfied roundabout adding an additional 7 figure increase to the cost, essentially killing it. 

For the sake of a quick answer as to why the stadium plans were no longer active, I thought I'd give a brief summary rather than going in to the various ins and outs of the Sam Gilbraith/Sandra Boyak/Barr Construction/SAC saga.

I remember at the start of the season there was a section on the BBC coverage of the Championship where they asked fans of every club questions, Every answer the Dunfermline fan gave was about Ayr. 

A year on and the obsession burns bright still.

Satisfied GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

We're living rent free in his head. He's fast becoming like part of the furniture in here.

That's nice, wee Grant will have a friend to play with now. 

7 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

With a specification that they upgraded Heathfied roundabout adding an additional 7 figure increase to the cost, essentially killing it. 

For the sake of a quick answer as to why the stadium plans were no longer active, I thought I'd give a brief summary rather than going in to the various ins and outs of the Sam Gilbraith/Sandra Boyak/Barr Construction/SAC saga.

I can't be bothered with a debate and won't be getting into one. Anyway, the Sandra Boyak you refer to is Sarah Boyack.

Edited by RedEd