The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If you google “Sportsound Scottish football podcast” it should come up. 

ETA: There is one done every day.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Thanks. I'm half an hour in so far and Donald Findlay has absolutely schooled Tom English there. It's hilarious stuff. And Lachlan comes over very well too. Fair play to both of them.

Tom English's attempts to row back a bit from his staunch defence of everything St Ann tells him to say  and suddenly starting to base everything on Partick Thistle is pretty shallow and Findlay absolutely took him to task on it. English' behaviour throughout this has been really disappointing. In the space of 3 or 4 months he's gone from possibly being Scottish football's most respected commentator to a club mouthpiece.

26 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

to the Ayrshire Post to see if Kerr has any updates or if there's any of the 'big news' Robbo hinted would be in it.

The Somerset Hub is big news , fans have  been waiting on facilities like this for many many years , another income avenue for the club , more good news on infrastructure coming soon ,again stuff fans have been asking for , big changes ( as stated in post ) in work already underway which is going to benefit the playing squad and investment potential, the signing of players is underway and will be announced when the time is right , I like the way the club are dealing with issues that have been around for years along with manager being left alone to get his squad together 

29 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The Somerset Hub is big news , fans have  been waiting on facilities like this for many many years , another income avenue for the club , more good news on infrastructure coming soon ,again stuff fans have been asking for , big changes ( as stated in post ) in work already underway which is going to benefit the playing squad and investment potential, the signing of players is underway and will be announced when the time is right , I like the way the club are dealing with issues that have been around for years along with manager being left alone to get his squad together 

In terms of infrastructure, one thing we’re missing is training facilities so you’d maybe hope that’s a possible announcement.

On LC and the proposed donation, I’m ver much in the against side. Cove and DU have been chucking money at their team for a few years now so they should be able to afford it, Raiths the one I’d maybe have sympathy for. I understand it’s not coming out of our budget and it’s at his (or directors expense) , but sure the amount they were asking for (2.5-10k?) would go a long way to securing another player for x months. I just don’t believe DU would be going out their way to help us and let’s not forget them doing us over in the Conway saga. 

40 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

In terms of infrastructure, one thing we’re missing is training facilities so you’d maybe hope that’s a possible announcement.

On LC and the proposed donation, I’m ver much in the against side. Cove and DU have been chucking money at their team for a few years now so they should be able to afford it, Raiths the one I’d maybe have sympathy for. I understand it’s not coming out of our budget and it’s at his (or directors expense) , but sure the amount they were asking for (2.5-10k?) would go a long way to securing another player for x months. I just don’t believe DU would be going out their way to help us and let’s not forget them doing us over in the Conway saga. 

I believe the amount to be paid is £2000 , I tend to agree with you that if he has some spare cash he should be throwing it Mark Kerrs way 

9 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Drinan added nothing , ?????

Not nothing for sure, but I think some fans are mistaking an excellent work rate and attitude with genuine effectiveness.  I wouldn’t be opposed to him returning, but with Moffat another year older and Moore injury prone and a bit limited at championship level, I personally think we need to do better than Drinan.  No idea who right enough.  Look at the Dunfermline fans getting excited about Declan McManus, a player that has never really cut it at championship level and who probably found his level last season at Falkirk.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

25 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I believe the amount to be paid is £2000 , I tend to agree with you that if he has some spare cash he should be throwing it Mark Kerrs way 

After 3 seasons in the seaside league we were done for if not promoted, I would have fancied our chances of doing an Livvi/Ayr/Arbroath and making a decent challenge next season but for this debacle. Both Utd and Cove have wealthy backers but we don't and there in lays the crux. The playing budget has already been reduced due to the shortened season but now we are also hamstrung with having to wait for this case to end before we know not only if we'll have enough left to sign a squad but even if it'll be in the Championship (I think we will in all honesty but....). That's my worries though not yours and if I were in your shoes though sympathetic to another plight it wouldn't colour my loyalties to my own team, ie, I too would want MK to get every penny available.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

The Somerset Hub is big news , fans have  been waiting on facilities like this for many many years , another income avenue for the club 

Serious question. Seems I've been out of the picture here, what happened to the proposed new stadium? Did that dream die along with Bill Barr?

24 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Serious question. Seems I've been out of the picture here, what happened to the proposed new stadium? Did that dream die along with Bill Barr?

The local council killed off a coupe of attempts, the last attempt was based on Somerset being purchased for housing and the buyers pulled out of the deal, effectively killing that attempt off.  

28 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Not nothing for sure, but I think some fans are mistaking an excellent work rate and attitude with genuine effectiveness.  I wouldn’t be opposed to him returning, but with Moffat another year older and Moore injury prone and a bit limited at championship level, I personally think we need to do better than Drinan.  No idea who right enough.  Look at the Dunfermline fans getting excited about Declan McManus, a player that has never really cut it at championship level and who probably found his level last season at Falkirk.

What a load of shite.

McManus is a grafter but also a threat. We know what we are getting.  He has ''cut it'' in the Championship, as he has a league winners medal and played 45 times for County in the right midfield role in that season.  He got to the play-offs and won  player of the year awards with us in season 17/18 in championship.  He has since scored 24 goals for Falkirk in league 1 and had previously scored 20 odd for Morton in that league too. Kind of tells me his bit better than league one. 

I wouldn't say we are excited about him coming back, but more happy to see him back as we know what we're getting and a wee chance he's come back a better player at 25 year old.

Sounds to me that your trying to make yourself feel a bit better by downplaying our signings. 

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

What a load of shite.

McManus is a grafter but also a threat. We know what we are getting.  He has ''cut it'' in the Championship, as he has a league winners medal and played 45 times for County in the right midfield role in that season.  He got to the play-offs and won  player of the year awards with us in season 17/18 in championship.  He has since scored 24 goals for Falkirk in league 1 and had previously scored 20 odd for Morton in that league too. Kind of tells me his bit better than league one. 

I wouldn't say we are excited about him coming back, but more happy to see him back as we know what we're getting and a wee chance he's come back a better player at 25 year old.

Sounds to me that your trying to make yourself feel a bit better by downplaying our signings. 

What a bizarre lie to make up. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Are you okay pal? 

I think he’s still raging after getting hounded off this thread for trying to paint Dunfermline as saviours of humanity for chucking their entire squad during a global pandemic tbh.