The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There seems to be a bit of knicker wetting beginning to happen, keep calm, Kerr will make decent signings (I hope).

@ayrunitedfw better be rapid to get the Maybole exclusive Tuesday night access to the Ayrshire Post to see if Kerr has any updates or if there's any of the 'big news' Robbo hinted would be in it.

There seems to be a bit of knicker wetting beginning to happen, keep calm, Kerr will make decent signings (I hope).
[mention=22994]ayrunitedfw[/mention] better be rapid to get the Maybole exclusive Tuesday night access to the Ayrshire Post to see if Kerr has any updates or if there's any of the 'big news' Robbo hinted would be in it.

Is the big news not just the planned renovations to the shop and offices and addition of the social club?

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

McCall did business early, well, some of it early. We went in to most seasons with one recognized center half, no right back and three players that had been out since Christmas the previous year.  

Indeed, he loved an injury prone player. The more the merrier. 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is the big news not just the planned renovations to the shop and offices and addition of the social club?

Just? Thats huge news. The biggest news since they sorted that enormous pothole next to the shop.

Just? Thats huge news. The biggest news since they sorted that enormous pothole next to the shop.

Yeah I didn’t mean it like that.

It’s great news all I was saying was don’t be expecting signing news on the back of the AP on Tuesday or Wednesday.

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The likelihood is it will mainly be Unknown’s from down south we sign as that seems to be Kerr’s signing policy. 

And what’s wrong with that ? The ones he signed down south in January were better than a number of the names being floated around and available in Scotland 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

And what’s wrong with that ? The ones he signed down south in January were better than a number of the names being floated around and available in Scotland 

Drinan was decent enough, Malley didn’t really impress but in fairness didn’t have many games to show what he could do. 

Your not wanting a Falkirk situation though where basically every signing was from down south and we’re in the main all dug meat and ended with them getting relegated. 

I don’t mind one or two from down south but would hope the vast majority of our new signings are players who played in Scotland last season and know the league. 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I didn’t mean it like that.

It’s great news all I was saying was don’t be expecting signing news on the back of the AP on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I wouldn’t be looking for signing news just yet ( still nearly 12 weeks to kick off , that time window is like signing players before the season has finished in normal times , does no one  have faith in Kerr’s signings ??? ) , fans have moaned for years about lack of social club and facilities in the stadium , action being taken to rectify those issues is big and welcome news to majority of fans 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Drinan was decent enough, Malley didn’t really impress but in fairness didn’t have many games to show what he could do. 

Your not wanting a Falkirk situation though where basically every signing was from down south and we’re in the main all dug meat and ended with them getting relegated. 

I don’t mind one or two from down south but would hope the vast majority of our new signings are players who played in Scotland last season and know the league. 

I believe Kerr will get who is right for the team  , I dont care where players come from as long as they do the business , quoting 1 club who signed poor players from down south is no argument, most clubs have signed players from down south and the majority of them have turned out to be pretty decent , ok so what your saying is let’s turn down decent signings from down south just to sign half decent players because they played in Scotland , sign who will be better for the team no matter where they are from us what most fans would want , but looks like not all fans would want that !!!!!

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I believe Kerr will get who is right for the team  , I dont care where players come from as long as they do the business , quoting 1 club who signed poor players from down south is no argument, most clubs have signed players from down south and the majority of them have turned out to be pretty decent , ok so what your saying is let’s turn down decent signings from down south just to sign half decent players because they played in Scotland , sign who will be better for the team no matter where they are from us what most fans would want , but looks like not all fans would want that !!!!!

They are the only club I can think of who has stockpiled players from down south. Like I said I have absolutely no issue with us signing a few from down south but ideally I’d hope we are also signing players from Scotland. There is plenty of players avaliable in Scotland at the moment who id happily have at Ayr. 

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I wouldn’t be looking for signing news just yet ( still nearly 12 weeks to kick off , that time window is like signing players before the season has finished in normal times , does no one  have faith in Kerr’s signings ??? ) , fans have moaned for years about lack of social club and facilities in the stadium , action being taken to rectify those issues is big and welcome news to majority of fans 

Let’s be clear on this , the news of the new bar etc is fantastic news ! Long long long over due . If the club use it properly (travel club busses leaving from it) (open for a while after games) then they may just be staggered at the revenue it brings in . Plenty of bars and clubs have been dinning out on Ayr United for quite some time . 

On the signings, our last manager had a nose for a player that’s for sure , that’s about 8 or so of his signings move on and up . Kerr on the other hand still has to show what he’s got . I think everyone is optimistic but at the same time nervous ! We most definitely want to retain play off status . It’s gonna be hard but that’s got to be the goal !

2 minutes ago, North British said:

Let’s be clear on this , the news of the new bar etc is fantastic news ! Long long long over due . If the club use it properly (travel club busses leaving from it) (open for a while after games) then they may just be staggered at the revenue it brings in . Plenty of bars and clubs have been dinning out on Ayr United for quite some time . 

On the signings, our last manager had a nose for a player that’s for sure , that’s about 8 or so of his signings move on and up . Kerr on the other hand still has to show what he’s got . I think everyone is optimistic but at the same time nervous ! We most definitely want to retain play off status . It’s gonna be hard but that’s got to be the goal !

All I am saying is good news came this week on facilities 

in the coming weeks good news will come along on signings , if people think Kerr is not on it they are miles off the mark , the contacts he and Mick have are extensive, I would think he is not too far away from announcing his success so far , and he’s not like previous manager who announced targets to the press , he will only announce when that contract is signed 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Completely agree.  We need a core of Andy Geggan types who know their way round the Championship.  Hard to judge Kerr on January signings though as quality and value for money are always difficult. Personally I don’t think Drinan, Malley, Gillespie or Tiffoney really added much.  A match fit Tiffoney might be decent, but wouldn’t rush to bring back the others.

As far as I know but the club haven't actually announced it yet, fans have just seen it going by the SAC planning application site.

44 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Completely agree.  We need a core of Andy Geggan types who know their way round the Championship.  Hard to judge Kerr on January signings though as quality and value for money are always difficult. Personally I don’t think Drinan, Malley, Gillespie or Tiffoney really added much.  A match fit Tiffoney might be decent, but wouldn’t rush to bring back the others.

Drinan added nothing , ?????