The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Plans look very encouraging and hopefully they get approved.

Will also provide a space during the week for players to be able to sit and eat lunch during training. From videos I've seen before of them having lunch the players are cramped in some wee room eating on their laps which is hardly the most professional.

From the plans, it looks like the site of the current Hawkhill bowling club. The entrance to the shop would move to the bit of waste ground every dog in Ayr comes to shite by the looks of it. 

Just looked further through the plans, its not, it is the house at the corner and where the shop is now. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

Application form confirms that Dave Smiths Ashleigh Building will be carrying out the works.

No sign of a proposed time frame of when it'll be built. Think for the start of the new season in October will be too much of an ask. Might wait until the close of next season in May before commencing works for minimal disruption.

That’s 2/3 weeks away , a lot might be in Ayrshire Post next week , instructed to say nothing until it’s with the press , so a wee teaser possibly Tuesday afternoon 
Is this likely to be signing news then or more with regards to improvements off the pitch?

Is this likely to be signing news then or more with regards to improvements off the pitch?
If you read the last page or so it's to do with the club putting in planning permission to build a new shop/offices and fans social club at Somerset.

Well I presume that's what the news is

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

Plans look very encouraging and hopefully they get approved.

Will also provide a space during the week for players to be able to sit and eat lunch during training. From videos I've seen before of them having lunch the players are cramped in some wee room eating on their laps which is hardly the most professional.

New players lounge is currently under construction in main building 

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

If you read the last page or so it's to do with the club putting in planning permission to build a new shop/offices and fans social club at Somerset.

Well I presume that's what the news is

Look out for positive news being drip fed over next 7/8 weeks , lots more news to come , no point announcing everything at once , keep fans  interested and looking forward to build up to new season 

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hopefully with this new planning permission application, it will rule out the - “car park to be turned into houses” rumour that gets trotted out every now and then 

Car park does not belong to us , could this be the reason for the plans 

Look out for positive news being drip fed over next 7/8 weeks , lots more news to come , no point announcing everything at once , keep fans  interested and looking forward to build up to new season 

The way things seem to be going with the steamroller of new players lounge, shop, office and social club I wouldn't be surprised if a new hospitality suite or changes to North Terracing were on the horizon.

Also some actual players coming in wouldn't go a miss in the next 7/8 weeks lol

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The way things seem to be going with the steamroller of new players lounge, shop, office and social club I wouldn't be surprised if a new hospitality suite or changes to North Terracing were on the horizon.

Also some actual players coming in wouldn't go a miss in the next 7/8 weeks lol

Aye. I’m wanting a triple signing announcement and I want it within the week. 

I’d imagine we’ll see who Kerr plans on keeping from the current batch before any new signings come in. As it stands we’re probably around 7/8 players away from having a decent squad although half of that will likely be loans.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d imagine we’ll see who Kerr plans on keeping from the current batch before any new signings come in. As it stands we’re probably around 7/8 players away from having a decent squad although half of that will likely be loans.

I presume that’s not including the players currently on furlough? 

Had a look at the housing plan for the car park and railway areas, and they come right up to that boundary,  The club may have bought some ground off that plan otherwise I don’t see any car parking areas which might impact on those plans

Had a look at the housing plan for the car park and railway areas, and they come right up to that boundary,  The club may have bought some ground off that plan otherwise I don’t see any car parking areas which might impact on those plans
What housing plans?

I presume that’s not including the players currently on furlough? 

No

I reckon 7/8 players provided everyone on furlough re-signs with the exception of Harvie. I’d be tempted to say 9 and punt Gillespie though.