The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That's a good move, guess it gives power to do things that get held up due to time delay with Lachlan in US. 

Aye it just seems a step closer to Cameron maybe stepping away which he’s not exactly denied he wants to do.

Don’t know any of the figures David will have put in so far but I think he’ll have been a big help in these circumstances.

49 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s yer man David Smith voted as the new Vice Chairman. I’d imagine this was the announcement Robbo was alluding to.

Encouraged by the exiting future comment by the club in the statement. Especially in these worrying times

36 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Would we still get compensation for Harvie even though he has moved accross the border?  I thought there was an issue where compensation only applies if it's a domestic move

Without wanting jumped up and down on for simply stating facts and rules.................................

In order to get compensation for a player he has to not have turned 23 during the season (you're ok there, he's 21) AND you have to have offered him a contract in writing and registered the offer with the SFA complying with the necessary time limits. That contract must be at least one year and be no worse in any material financial condition than the contract that is running out.

The time limits are different domestically and internationally. To get compensation for a domestic transfer you merely have to have offered him a contract in writing and registered it before his existing contract runs out. To get compensation for an international transfer (which includes England obviously) then you have to have done that process AT LEAST 60 days before his contract expires. Now, this is where it now gets complicated.......

Presumably Harvie's original contract would have been due to expire either 31 May or 10 June 2020 so if Ayr were protecting their rights then they'd have made a contract offer in writing somewhere before 31 March I presume. Now comes the problem, furlough extensions. When Harvie (presumably) signed a furlough extension to 31 July (I take it he is furloughed and they were all running to 31 July I think somebody said?) then that becomes a new contract and thereby cancels out the offer of a new contract made before 31 March. In order to be eligible to receive compensation Ayr would need to have issued ANOTHER registered contract offer in writing at least 60 days before the expiry of the new contract which is presumably 31 July and therefore the registered offer would need to be made by 1st June. It would be awfully easy to overlook re-issuing the contract offer I imagine when furlough extensions were done and there wasn't much time. I assume Ayr will have made sure they are covered though and that being the case then yes, you would be entitled to something. If you can't agree how much then FIFA would step in to adjudicate based on time contracted, amount invested in him, wages, relative sizes of the two clubs, etc. 

Of course if he's currently under contract to 31 July it may be MK Dons will simply agree to buy him whilst under contract and bypass all the compensation nonsense anyway. They obviously don't have to though, they can simply wait till he's a free agent in 3 weeks (and take the risk he gets a better offer before then).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

That's a good move, guess it gives power to do things that get held up due to time delay with Lachlan in US. 

It may be an internal process if Cameron is abroad, but in law the position of Vice Chairman is meaningless. It doesn't bring any more rights than any other Director. It's probably more a public perception move.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s yer man David Smith voted as the new Vice Chairman. I’d imagine this was the announcement Robbo was alluding to.

Yes, this man is the future for Ayr United , lots  of work happening and planned for near future 

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Flemming away to Stranraer. I’d have taken him back at Somerset. The GK situation is a worry 

Bang average keeper who was unreal at saving penalties.

Jamie MacDonald should be our number 1 target for the goalkeeping position imo. 

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Flemming away to Stranraer. I’d have taken him back at Somerset. The GK situation is a worry 

Remember he only left Ayr in the first place as he couldn't commit to full-time football due to his job.  Probably the case for many players who end up as part time - it probably just works out better for them financially.

Aye I agree with both these points. If Fleming didn’t win us the penalty shoot out against Stranraer and make the double save against Dunfermline I doubt he’d even be that fondly remembered.

MacDonald is probably the best we could hope for although sure I’m sure I read he wanted a team closer to Edinburgh. Danny Rogers is another one that I think would be a good signing.

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Danny Rogers for me, was impressive for Morton against us last season

On 07/07/2020 at 18:23, itzdrk said:

I'm also surprised to see that stuff bought in the shop has been sent out before the t-shirts for those who purchased player of the year tickets.  :whistle

Be with you real soon !