The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Good news. I know I’m in the minority but I like the Friday night games, albeit I know they’re a pain in the arse for away fans 

Hope they show a good number of our away games as it looks likely away fans will not be allowed into many grounds till next year ( certainly the case at Somerset currently) 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Hope they show a good number of our away games as it looks likely away fans will not be allowed into many grounds till next year ( certainly the case at Somerset currently) 

This mean when fans are allowed back that initially it'll be home crowds only spread around the whole stadium with away fans not allowed?

Is there any live stream proposals being discussed to show championship games behind closed doors?

Edited by rb123!

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If that's a long term thing I can see many losing interest. 

If they could relax the laws on alcohol slightly, where fans could arrive at the ground from noon for home games and have food and drinks right up till maybe 14:45 to make it almost an away game.

If away games are being streamed by the home team, the hospitality or depending on numbers/social distancing,  a suite at the race course could be used  to  show the game to a larger group with access to club merchandise and food available. 

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If that's a long term thing I can see many losing interest. 

Will be the same in a few grounds , government guidelines issued at moment is to plan 20/25% , which gives us just over 2000 , current social distancing means we would need the away end to accommodate home fans , hopefully the guidelines on attendances have increased by then 

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

This mean when fans are allowed back that initially it'll be home crowds only spread around the whole stadium with away fans not allowed?

Is there any live stream proposals being discussed to show championship games behind closed doors?

That’s what we are planning for currently, until further information is provided by government, not sure what the live streaming situation is currently  

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If they could relax the laws on alcohol slightly, where fans could arrive at the ground from noon for home games and have food and drinks right up till maybe 14:45 to make it almost an away game.

If away games are being streamed by the home team, the hospitality or depending on numbers/social distancing,  a suite at the race course could be used  to  show the game to a larger group with access to club merchandise and food available. 

Social distancing is the biggest hurdle , current guidelines would only allow approx 20/30 in the hospitality suite , even if it goes to 1 metre it will only go to 50/60, last season supporters club membership was 120 

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Will be the same in a few grounds , government guidelines issued at moment is to plan 20/25% , which gives us just over 2000 , current social distancing means we would need the away end to accommodate home fans , hopefully the guidelines on attendances have increased by then 

The last time we got over 2000+ people at somerset was Partick in November. Other than the initial buzz, it will die down and away fans should be able to come in after. I just hope you're right by October the guidelines will be loosen by then.

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Social distancing is the biggest hurdle , current guidelines would only allow approx 20/30 in the hospitality suite , even if it goes to 1 metre it will only go to 50/60, last season supporters club membership was 120 

If they could use the car park at the hospitality and the surrounding area towards the away end outside as well, keeping it within the fenced off area. 

I personally don't normally drink when I go home or away but there are a lot of people that do, so if clubs could capitalize on fans not being able to travel and make a few extra £ then now would be the time to plead a case to the government to relax laws. 

No away fans would reduce any chance of trouble.....not remove it obviously, some of our support could start a fight in an empty house without drink

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

The last time we got over 2000+ people at somerset was Partick in November. Other than the initial buzz, it will die down and away fans should be able to come in after. I just hope you're right by October the guidelines will be loosen by then.

Agree with you , the unfortunate issue we have is where the segregation fence is , if we did not use away end we would be only be able to get about 1400 fans in , we could limit away fans to end of stand and enclosure allowing about 120/50 away fans I would think 

Edited by Robbo63

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If they could use the car park at the hospitality and the surrounding area towards the away end outside as well, keeping it within the fenced off area. 

I personally don't normally drink when I go home or away but there are a lot of people that do, so if clubs could capitalize on fans not being able to travel and make a few extra £ then now would be the time to plead a case to the government to relax laws. 

No away fans would reduce any chance of trouble.....not remove it obviously, some of our support could start a fight in an empty house without drink

Yes, a good point.

I think licencing laws will need to be relaxed and common sense applied if we want to stop mass closures and redundancies throughout the hospitality industry.

Of course, one of the biggest hurdles in our way is the good old Scottish weather which isn't always conducive to outdoor activities, even during the so called summer months !!!

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m not a drinker so the alcohol aspect doesn’t bother me, I do think turnstiles should open from 1.30 at the latest next season and hopefully that would prevent any large queues forming. You’ll still get the bams sitting in the boozer until 2.50pm then rushing up to the ground I’m sure 

Cheers for the update.

Do we know if face masks will be compulsory? Anything that speeds up crowds surely has to be taken seriously.

The numbers of new cases in Scotland are still incredibly low so if all stays the same (fingers crossed) i think the delayed start to the season might begin to look like a mistake.

Football seems to have a bit of good and bad when it comes to the virus spreading. It takes place outdoors which is obviously safer, but folk shouting, chanting and singing is going to spread those infected particles all over the place.

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Cheers for the update.

Do we know if face masks will be compulsory? Anything that speeds up crowds surely has to be taken seriously.

The numbers of new cases in Scotland are still incredibly low so if all stays the same (fingers crossed) i think the delayed start to the season might begin to look like a mistake.

Football seems to have a bit of good and bad when it comes to the virus spreading. It takes place outdoors which is obviously safer, but folk shouting, chanting and singing is going to spread those infected particles all over the place.

Face masks not yet compulsory, but I feel that as social distancing would not be able to be adhered to at all time that it would be sensible to wear them , as you say a lot of shouting and singing thus spreading droplets , I understand that crowd will enter through the exit gates , which will prevent touching surfaces and faster access to ground , fans will be asked to try to buy tickets in advance ( there are options that every fan will be able to complete ) due to attendance limit it would certainly be advisable to not wait to last minute ( I do accept some fans will do though , thus risking the chance of game being sold out before they try to buy ) 

Edited by Robbo63

11 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Think you are right about October possibly being the time for fans getting in , I don’t think it’s coincidence that the first Celtic v Rangers game is on the day our league fixtures start ( do SPFL know something we don’t )

Face masks not yet compulsory, but I feel that as social distancing would not be able to be adhered to at all time that it would be sensible to wear them , as you say a lot of shouting and singing thus spreading droplets , I understand that crowd will enter through the exit gates , which will prevent touching surfaces and faster access to ground , fans will be asked to try to buy tickets in advance ( there are options that every fan will be able to complete ) due to attendance limit it would certainly be advisable to not wait to last minute ( I do accept some fans will do though , thus risking the chance of game being sold out before they try to buy ) 
I hope that things move on quickly after July, and the pressure will build on the government - much like it did with schools.

I thought they'd established that only a fraction of cases are spread by surfaces, and it's basically about droplets being expunged in the air.

It would be easier if we could bin the 'not being able to touch things' advice, and focus much more on protecting us all from the coughing and sneezing brigade. I presume that's the issue with toilets.

Anyone know what would happen if we sold our capacity in season tickets? Unlikely as it is, perhaps more people will want to buy one to help the club out. 

As I said unlikely, but , surely it will have an impact on how many matchday tickets will be available!

38 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Anyone know what would happen if we sold our capacity in season tickets? Unlikely as it is, perhaps more people will want to buy one to help the club out

As I said unlikely, but , surely it will have an impact on how many match day tickets will be available!

To be fair I'm considering a season ticket for the first time in a few years even though I know I probably won't get full use of it. Once they are on sale I'd have no issue paying last years prices for less games as these are unprecedented times. Can only assume they aren't on sale yet as Lachlan and co are wanting to be able to tell us exactly what it will provide entry for whether streaming or physical.