The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't want to speak for Diege but I'd surmise he's probably referring to the bit about there being "a danger we could be left scrapping the barrel."

HTH ☺️

By the way you, should only scrap your barrel if it has a hole in it and can't be repaired. Otherwise it may be useful.

Pretty much spot on mate!

My buddy FW wants everything in place immediately when a little bit of patience is required

We were scraping the barrel a few years back plucking a certain Mr Shankland from the scrapheap after the season started.

Edited by diege

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye that’s the part I suspected however he failed to mention the part where I said I understood why the club are doing it.

Diege seems to think I’m constantly negative and criticise the club when in actual fact all I’ve done the past few months is praise them for the way they have dealt with this situation. 

Its difficult not to praise them recently, they've been spot on

Wait till the "cheap option" is losing some games and you're wanting his head by Christmas though ;)

Edited by diege

Is it something that’s been delayed then? Might not be shirts or season tickets in that case.

The delayed Government announcement on the travel air bridges has meant Ronaldo hasn't been able to fly in from Portugal yet to sign on the dotted line at Somerset.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Honestly I’m enjoying the football break without the usual “who we signing” stuff.

Looking forward to the first Betfred game though.

We're still 13 weeks until October. What a sobering thought.

It is definitely too early for knicker wetting.

Spoiler

Not that I believe there was any.

On 03/07/2020 at 23:55, D'Jaffo said:

He was definitely getting abuse though. Both home and away he got booed which was a bit shit.

If Cadden was then fair enough but I wasn’t standing close enough to hear it.

Don’t really think either player deserved abuse tbh.

The only "abuse" I heard Cadden get was pretty standard one guy shouts such as "you were mince for us anyway Cadden", "you've reached your level now Cadden", hardly abuse in my book and just the expected banter when an ex player returns on the books of an opponent.

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

We're still 13 weeks until October. What a sobering thought.

It is definitely too early for knicker wetting.

Reveal hidden contents

Not that I believe there was any.

2AF263D1-118E-4B6A-B013-09456BB760D4.gif

We’re apparently looking at Anton Dowds at East Fife. Highly rated striker at that level although not the most prolific.

Dunfermline, Falkirk, Partick and Raith are also interested although none of us have actually offered him anything yet.

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re apparently looking at Anton Dowds at East Fife. Highly rated striker at that level although not the most prolific.

Dunfermline, Falkirk, Partick and Raith are also interested although none of us have actually offered him anything yet.

Where have you seen this? Not seen it anywhere? 

45 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Now that’s what you call investigative journalism - good digging my friend emoji106.png

Who was it talking about scraping the barrel earlier? That's what visiting the Falkirk thread is. 

4 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Scored 19 goals over the past 2 seasons. Albeit only 6 of them came in the league last season. Maybe a tall imposing striker to hold the ball. 

107437718_709899596526460_4424971803146967132_o.jpg

Don't know much about him but given he plays for East Fife I'd expect he'd sign for Dunfermline or Raith most likely.

Don't know much about him but given he plays for East Fife I'd expect he'd sign for Dunfermline or Raith most likely.

That was my thinking as well but it might depend on playing time on offer. If Dunfermline sign McManus then I don’t imagine Dowds would be first pick.

25 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I wouldn't exactly be losing sleep over him if we dont get him. I still think a Kevin O'hara would be the number 1 option for me.