The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 30/06/2020 at 20:13, callum-ayr said:

Having walked by a few times, I’ve wondered if they could get college students in for experience to paint the exterior wall of the Somerset Road end black and white. The wall just reminds me of an old Eastern European wall, very dreary. Would love to see it painted. 

Why don’t you volunteer? 

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Maybe the work getting done on the ground is to prepare for limited fans being allowed into the ground. It will probably be only season ticket holders who are allowed in to begin with.

Suggested maximum limits issued to clubs currently ( which is based on currently reported  R number ) is between 20 and 25% , we would be allowed between 2000 & 2500 , no plans to allow away fans in as away end would be needed for home fans ( to follow current social distancing rules ), my understanding  ( nothing concrete yet ) is where you decide to stand you stay there ( no standing at Somerset road end first half then changing to Railway end at half time etc) season tickets holders priority then ticket holders , which must be purchased in advance ( online , call shop and pay over phone or visit shop before match day , everyone should be able to complete at least one of those tasks ) 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Hazbart said:

Looks like we won’t be seeing Doohan back at the club. 

Seems he’s off to County.

That would be a blow , good to see though that our loanees who are not returning are stepping up a league and not going to any of our competitors 

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

Looks like we won’t be seeing Doohan back at the club. 

Seems he’s off to County.

In fairness there is probably no point in him returning to ourselves. He’s already proven himself at this level over two seasons so time for him to make the step up and see if he can do it at premiership level. 

I think we’re probably at a disadvantage because our season is going to be shorter than the Premiership and parent clubs want their players to get a full season.

Hope we take a look at someone like Danny Rogers or Jamie MacDonald.

Think the loan market is going to be tough to attract players this year because as D'Jaffo said we obviously aren't playing a full season.

Looks like permanent signings are probably going to have to be the best way to go this year

Think the loan market is going to be tough to attract players this year because as D'Jaffo said we obviously aren't playing a full season.

Looks like permanent signings are probably going to have to be the best way to go this year

I still think we’ll get loans. Wouldn’t be surprised to see another couple Rangers lads end up with us after the way we looked after Kelly plus we’ll maybe see Drinan and Malley back on top of Corrie Ndaba if we’re still interested.

But for Kelly and Doohan who have both got that experience of a full season it makes no sense to send them to a league that won’t even have teams training for another month or so let alone playing and is also a league both have done so well in. I still don’t think Doohan will make it at Celtic so if he does well in Dingwall I could easily see that move made permanent.

23 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I still think we’ll get loans. Wouldn’t be surprised to see another couple Rangers lads end up with us after the way we looked after Kelly plus we’ll maybe see Drinan and Malley back on top of Corrie Ndaba if we’re still interested.

But for Kelly and Doohan who have both got that experience of a full season it makes no sense to send them to a league that won’t even have teams training for another month or so let alone playing and is also a league both have done so well in. I still don’t think Doohan will make it at Celtic so if he does well in Dingwall I could easily see that move made permanent.

Would be delighted to see Malley and Drinan back. Thought Drinan was really coming onto something and Malley showed a few decent flashes but never really had the chance. Corrie sounded like a very decent prospect, felt like the girl who got away when his loan was cancelled at the 11th hour. 

I reckon Mick will pull a rabbit out of the hat with his connections, I'm not suggesting the Barca connection before anyone rips me to bits, but just have a feeling the long layoff will have allowed for a fair bit of extra scouting/coercing. 

23 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A few weeks back folk were saying they wanted Cadden to rejoin us. I see he’s away to Forest Green so that’s another one to chalk off the “potential” list. I thought he was mediocre for us anyway 

Good for us he hates the Ayr. Morton fans will be livid though

Hugh Grant Reaction GIF by The Gentlemen