The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I wonder if we’ll opt out or decide to play it and get some “gate money” 

We will play I would think , first games supposedly 7,10 and 13 October , need games before league starts 

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

We will play I would think , first games supposedly 7,10 and 13 October , need games before league starts 

Yeah, makes perfect sense. The group stage of the Betfred have effectively become friendlies.  

ETA - Slight draw back is that usually the teams outwith the Premier have a bit of a headstart for the Betfred with the Prem teams not returning as early as us. It'll be the inverse of that this time.

Edited by Trogdor

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, makes perfect sense. The group stage of the Betfred have effectively become friendlies.  

ETA - Slight draw back is that usually the teams outwith the Premier have a bit of a headstart for the Betfred with the Prem teams not returning as early as us. It'll be the inverse of that this time.

I think Premiership teams will be fielding fringe players 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Paul Watson signs for Dunfermline. That really is a cracking signing for them and one I had hoped we were looking at especially as he’s a former teammate of Kerr.

While I understand why we aren’t signing anyone at the moment if other clubs in our league start signing players there’s a danger we could be left scrapping the barrel. 

The Pars are making their moves and I’d say Watson will be a top signing at this level  . Whither they make the top four is anybody’s guess but their definitely putting it out there . 

Also interesting to note the ex Ict midfielder Trafford has signed for Hamilton ! 

Charlie Trafford is way out his depth in the top flight. He’s probably out his depth in a team going for top 4 as well given he’s not even a regular at ICT when all their players are fit.

1 hour ago, Tigerland said:

The Pars are making their moves and I’d say Watson will be a top signing at this level  . Whither they make the top four is anybody’s guess but their definitely putting it out there . 

Also interesting to note the ex Ict midfielder Trafford has signed for Hamilton ! 

Systems, styles and tactics seem to be more important at our level than the perceived quality of the playing staff, that's what the past few seasons have taught me.

I just hope we return to our attractive passing game as opposed to the solid uninspiring one man up style which just doesn't seem to suit us.

Having said that, much will depend on who we end up with on the pitch as the loss of Forrest and potentially Moffat could put paid to our whole ethos, as could losing a football playing CH such as Bell.

All in all it could be a make or break season ahead especially if we don't have a reliable / top quality keeper such as Doohan who was so reliable and consistent that many ended up taking him for granted last season. Still, I'm sure if I know this that MK also knows this, so hopefully an exciting few months ahead.

What I really hope our transfer policy doesn't contain is 5/6/7 tier English players who think they'll be too good for this league but end up underperforming. 

Going for players like Kevin O'hara and Miko Virtanen for example who have had success in this league and who are still relatively young would be great.

44 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mark Kerr now off Furlough and now on a phased return. 

ETA: In the Ayrshire Post.

Good news , things should start to take shape from then , 

Edited by Robbo63

He starts back part time tomorrow along with a number of other employees, things will start to progress from then , seen lots of building workers around the ground last couple of weeks , 

Is there work planned on the stadium then?

Having walked by a few times, I’ve wondered if they could get college students in for experience to paint the exterior wall of the Somerset Road end black and white. The wall just reminds me of an old Eastern European wall, very dreary. Would love to see it painted. 

2 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

What I really hope our transfer policy doesn't contain is 5/6/7 tier English players who think they'll be too good for this league but end up underperforming. 

Going for players like Kevin O'hara and Miko Virtanen for example who have had success in this league and who are still relatively young would be great.

Kevin O’Hara would be a superb signing for us however I think he may well finish further up the food chain . The boy is from Stirling I think and the development fee might add to the challenge focus to get him . If the Pars are selling Nisbet then it’s a move that they might make .

Having walked by a few times, I’ve wondered if they could get college students in for experience to paint the exterior wall of the Somerset Road end black and white. The wall just reminds me of an old Eastern European wall, very dreary. Would love to see it painted. 
Or literally anybody, it's just a wall I'm pretty sure you dont need a College education for that. I assume I can sign you up then?

16 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

Kevin O’Hara would be a superb signing for us however I think he may well finish further up the food chain . The boy is from Stirling I think and the development fee might add to the challenge focus to get him . If the Pars are selling Nisbet then it’s a move that they might make .

Might be a bit of an issue that he was one of the Falkirk players banned for mocking Dean Shiels a couple years ago. Not sure how welcome he would be made by the fans either.

An interview with AU Media for Kerr wouldn't go a miss if that's him back.

Interesting what new works are going on, possibly toilet improvements and new catering buildings to replace the rather unattractive burger vans. Could of course be more internal works which we won't actually see.

An interview with AU Media for Kerr wouldn't go a miss if that's him back.

Interesting what new works are going on, possibly toilet improvements and new catering buildings to replace the rather unattractive burger vans. Could of course be more internal works which we won't actually see.