The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

He'll earn as much as our starting XI combined.

More than that, even at Hearts he'll be the 2nd highest paid keeper in the Country*

*at the time of signing.

25 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That seems like wild speculation to me, and I don’t believe it. Happy to be proven wrong.

It's probably not true but it's not likely to be that many million miles away, especially if it includes a coaching aspect as suggested. Clearly Rangers will be paying McGregor more. Celtic might be paying Bain more. Aberdeen are probably paying Joe Lewis more. Not sure anyone else will be on a lot more? Of course Gordon is 37 and probably can't command what he once did.

I think we can safely say when all parties are conceding he has an offer on the table from Hearts and offers from other top level clubs he isn't going to be considering the opportunity to join Ayr United currently though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

On 28/06/2020 at 10:14, Trogdor said:

You know until you posted that hat I had no idea who St Pauli were. Then I'm browsing the BBC sport website and this article catches my eye. An interesting read.

St Pauli: The cult German football club that wants to change the game forever

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53078948

Surprised you haven't heard about St Pauli, if nothing else Celtic w**k them off something stupid. 

Done a tour of the St Pauli stadium when I was on a stag doo in Hamburg and they've got Celtic merchandise in their shop. 

On 27/06/2020 at 19:50, itzdrk said:

If I could get one thing in the club shop it would be New Era fitted caps (not Snapbacks) big fan.

I use these examples specifically for @ayrunitedfw as I know he loves them. 

Bild1.jpg

Bild3.jpg

Bild3 (1).jpg

Bild5.jpg

They look shit.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Surprised you haven't heard about St Pauli, if nothing else Celtic w**k them off something stupid. 

Done a tour of the St Pauli stadium when I was on a stag doo in Hamburg and they've got Celtic merchandise in their shop. 

They look shit.

Thanks reply guy. 

Paul Watson signs for Dunfermline. That really is a cracking signing for them and one I had hoped we were looking at especially as he’s a former teammate of Kerr.

While I understand why we aren’t signing anyone at the moment if other clubs in our league start signing players there’s a danger we could be left scrapping the barrel. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Its only Monday and we haven't even had the ironic imminent tweet yet from the club. I'll go for Thursday.

At this moment don’t get excited as it’s nothing to do with signing players 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Paul Watson signs for Dunfermline. That really is a cracking signing for them and one I had hoped we were looking at especially as he’s a former teammate of Kerr.

While I understand why we aren’t signing anyone at the moment if other clubs in our league start signing players there’s a danger we could be left scrapping the barrel. 

My understanding is that players we are looking at have been spoken too

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Tbh Dunfermline looked to have made really good signings last year with the likes of Murray from Raith Rovers, Tom Lang from Clyde and Kyle Turner from Stranraer, however they didn;t turn out to be the promotion contenders everyone thought.

Wouldn't worry about this one signing making them so much stronger, also pretty poor from them that they supposedly couldn't keep people on furlough for another month yet now go out and make Paul Watson probably one of the highest wage earners at the club. 

Fixtures could be released as early as this Friday (unsure if this includes Championship). 

Betfred Cup will run in usual format with group stages and then the knockout stages, competition will start in October but clubs will be allowed to opt out if they don't feel able to play. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Fixtures could be released as early as this Friday (unsure if this includes Championship). 

Betfred Cup will run in usual format with group stages and then the knockout stages, competition will start in October but clubs will be allowed to opt out if they don't feel able to play. 

I wonder if we’ll opt out or decide to play it and get some “gate money”