The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm not even sure how we could even do season tickets. If were charging £260 for 13 games this season, then forget it.

We are one of the cheapest pay at the gate clubs , I personally would charge the same as most other clubs in the league ( which is about £1/£2 dearer than us ) some up to £5 dearer 

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It wouldn’t be too bad if clubs at our level and below decided to include cup games in the season ticket price to make up for the loss of league games 

How could you do that ? It’s possible that you could get NO home games in the cup as it’s the luck of the draw then on the other hand you could get all games at home and have a great cup run , how can a club budget on that , and would fans pay the extra and take the chance of getting no cup games which would start a lot of complaints saying season ticket was not worth it as they got no home cup games ? Just my thoughts 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

How could you do that ? It’s possible that you could get NO home games in the cup as it’s the luck of the draw then on the other hand you could get all games at home and have a great cup run , how can a club budget on that , and would fans pay the extra and take the chance of getting no cup games which would start a lot of complaints saying season ticket was not worth it as they got no home cup games ? Just my thoughts 

Its not that difficult, you can't get no home games (that's impossible) as the League Cup group format guarantees you at least 2 home games.

You are right though, there would then be an element of chance. In other competitions and how far your progress.

I wouldnt dismiss it out of hand if the club want £260 for a season ticket with the truncated season it is an option worth considering imo.

Its not that difficult, you can't get no home games (that's impossible) as the League Cup group format guarantees you at least 2 home games.
You are right though, there would then be an element of chance. In other competitions and how far your progress.
I wouldnt dismiss it out of hand if the club want £260 for a season ticket with the truncated season it is an option worth considering imo.
Nobody has said that the league cup is definitely happening this season though.

If it is going ahead it has been suggested it'll be October/November time and be midweek instead of weekend. Somebody like Berwick Rangers at home on a winters Tuesday night in the league cup is only going to attract the diehards if circumstances allow for supporters to attends.

Has it been confirmed that if the league cup goes ahead it will be in the same group stage format of previous years? I’m sure it was meant to be starting in October 7th with league kicking off on 17th October? Normally we have two weeks to complete the group stages. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

If the Challenge Cup is happening the League Cup ought to be. Surely they arent running the Wafer Cup but not the League Cup. That beggars belief.

I have read somewhere that there is a cup competition with games on approx 7th, 10th and 13th October 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

If that was the case , the season ticket could go on sale and the only cup games included on your season is the league cup which someone has said before not everyone goes to the games against the minnow teams and normally 2 of them are midweek which makes it hard for out of town supporters to get to , I believe a price should be set for a league match only season ticket takes away any debity

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If that was the case , the season ticket could go on sale and the only cup games included on your season is the league cup which someone has said before not everyone goes to the games against the minnow teams and normally 2 of them are midweek which makes it hard for out of town supporters to get to , I believe a price should be set for a league match only season ticket takes away any debity

I don't feel very strongly either way tbh. It comes down to how much the club needs the money.

If the club want the funds and to get a similar amount in for the season ticket revenue they need more games. As you simply can't expect to get £260 for 13/14 home games its more like £200. Offering all home cup games is a way to get extra cash in early and also its relatively low risk unless we go on a run to the QF of the league cup or Scottish Cup and have home ties all the way. Pretty unlikely.

Also the argument about playing minnows at home. Assuming the league cup runs and is the October dates you mentioned. That's going to be the first football any of us have seen live for 6/7 months. If its midweek it'll be more like a Saturday attendance. Given the novelty factor.

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I just think if season tickets were marketed as all home league and cup games, people wouldn’t feel as short changed (assuming season tickets stay then same prices as last season). Yes we may not get any home ties if it’s just the Scottish Cup being played but at least the option was there. Either that or reduce the price of them by about £60 from what they were last season 

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I just think if season tickets were marketed as all home league and cup games, people wouldn’t feel as short changed (assuming season tickets stay then same prices as last season). Yes we may not get any home ties if it’s just the Scottish Cup being played but at least the option was there. Either that or reduce the price of them by about £60 from what they were last season 

Totally agree , a season ticket normally is value for money ( last season pay at gate £18 and a season ticket worked out at about £14.40)  , but in these unprecedented times I would pay the set number of home games gate price for my season ticket , just giving them my money up front and having no discount just because I could afford to pay in advance 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Could we stretch to signing Danny Swanson? Lost his way a bit, would have fitted the McCall blueprint.

Looking at the clubs he's played for I presume his travel distance wouldn't stretch to us. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Looking at the clubs he's played for I presume his travel distance wouldn't stretch to us. 

Either that or he has an electronic tag. 🤣

Other than a forray down south he's either been in Edinburgh, Perth or Dundee. 

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Totally agree , a season ticket normally is value for money ( last season pay at gate £18 and a season ticket worked out at about £14.40)  , but in these unprecedented times I would pay the set number of home games gate price for my season ticket , just giving them my money up front and having no discount just because I could afford to pay in advance 

I get what you are saying, I probably would as well tbh. 

I'm not sure how palatable that is though given season ticket holders gave up a £55 refund last season and you'd be asking them to swallow the same again this season.

I don't envy the decision makers at the club. There are no easy choices with this pandemic.

Can the club organise a poll?
Do they have an email mailing list?
At least try and test the temperature out there amongst the majority of the fans who turn up each week - there could be surprises that would help the club make a tricky decision.

5 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

The Betfred guarantees two home cup ties (assuming it runs as normal anyway). Dunfermline have included it in theirs this year. The main problem with it for me is the rewuirement to pay the opposition half the gate if you have let chunks of fans in for nothing due to a season ticket.

Personally I wouldnt include cup games in season tickets but some clubs consciously do.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I’d say give the option to season ticket holders to pay full price if they want/can  . When you think about it £300 out a years salary for what may be people’s main hobby interest isn’t huge . Many will pay more than that to watch sky or bt screening a bunch of glamour games where they don’t really care who wins . 

The flip side is go all value for money and perhaps end up in the seaside league again . A prospect that horrifies me so much the extra few quid would seem painless in comparison .

40 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

I’d say give the option to season ticket holders to pay full price if they want/can  . When you think about it £300 out a years salary for what may be people’s main hobby interest isn’t huge . Many will pay more than that to watch sky or bt screening a bunch of glamour games where they don’t really care who wins . 

The flip side is go all value for money and perhaps end up in the seaside league again . A prospect that horrifies me so much the extra few quid would seem painless in comparison .

The "pay what you can/want" idea is an interesting one. I think Albion Rovers did something similar and had a far higher number of season tickets sold, and they also had a higher gate receipt.   I 

Granted, their average crowds are far lower so a 125% increase on 300 is far easier than 1,500 but I would be interested to see what that would do for the number of people going to Somerset and the net financial gain of such.  Of course, it's risky because having 3000 season ticket holders would be lovely, but if they only paid a £1 each it wouldn't be much use.  Probably not the year to try such a scheme, either.