The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

All clubs are going to be in the same boat this year, with reduced budgets, and that means players wages will (unfortunately for them) be reduced accordingly.  

We all miss the usual summer speculation and signings and all the excitement that goes with it, but there's no point in the club trying to sign players for the reasons that both Robbo and Skyline have mentioned.  I personally think it would be foolish for any club at this level to be gambling on start dates and potential crowds until it's clearer what and when these things will happen. 

Stranraer maybe have reached agreements, but as we have no idea what the terms of those deals are there's not much point in looking at what they're doing and trying to compare.  These could be pay as you play deals which costs them nothing till the season starts.  It's nice to hear about rumours and what discuss potential signings etc. but with most Scottish club players still furloughed there's not going to be much movement.

7 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

Kerr spent a bit of time and travelled  down south a couple of times scouting Malley . So I’d guess he thinks he has plenty to offer and it wouldn’t surprise me if he comes back and fills Kelly’s old position . 

Aye but @HMIP said he’s pish on the basis of a few games so that cannae be right.

6 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

Kerr spent a bit of time and travelled  down south a couple of times scouting Malley . So I’d guess he thinks he has plenty to offer and it wouldn’t surprise me if he comes back and fills Kelly’s old position . 

A number of recent loan players have come in due to Mick McArdles relationships with certain English teams Academies , I would not underestimate his role and partnership with Mark Kerr 

I actually think we’re in need of a bit of a clear out this summer but understand due to current circumstances were more likely just to stick with the status quo. Out of everyone that’s out of contract I’d only be devastated if Andy Murdoch or Daniel Harvie left, the rest I’m fairly meh about. It would be sad if Moffat and Geggan left but that’s more to do with them being club legends rather than what they have contributed on the park this season. 

17 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Really suprised there’s been no signing news announced. Even Stranraer who are in a bigger limbo than us have announced 4 players either signed or re-signed for next season  

Who would sign them? 

19 hours ago, super_carson said:

All clubs are going to be in the same boat this year, with reduced budgets, and that means players wages will (unfortunately for them) be reduced accordingly.  

We all miss the usual summer speculation and signings and all the excitement that goes with it, but there's no point in the club trying to sign players for the reasons that both Robbo and Skyline have mentioned.  I personally think it would be foolish for any club at this level to be gambling on start dates and potential crowds until it's clearer what and when these things will happen. 

Stranraer maybe have reached agreements, but as we have no idea what the terms of those deals are there's not much point in looking at what they're doing and trying to compare.  These could be pay as you play deals which costs them nothing till the season starts.  It's nice to hear about rumours and what discuss potential signings etc. but with most Scottish club players still furloughed there's not going to be much movement.

100% ALL OF THIS.

I don't imagine we will be in a worse situation than any of our rivals and in fact I think we may have done better than many. As always we'll get a fair share of good quality loan signings and I firmly believe that there will be lots of out of work players looking for clubs, so in fact we may actually improve the quality of our playing staff due to it being a buyers market in favour of the clubs as opposed to the players.

It would be disappointing if they moved on from Moffat without giving him the chance to reach 100 goals.
With the standard of his finishing these days, we might have to keep him on for another 10 years then.
Is it ok that i agreed with both of these posts?

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would be pretty stupid to get rid of Moffat tbh. He’s by far our most intelligent player and for a 35 year old he’s got plenty yet to offer at this level.

Absolutely. Would be a terrible decision letting him go, but can’t see that happening.