The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

That is my understanding, players on current furlough will be spoken to when current extension finishes and training returns , Mark and Mike are clever guys and they will surely have in mind the majority of l their targets 

Everyone probably brought back part time when the 50/50 contribution kicks in. 

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone been watching the English football with no fans - strange - very strange.

It still amazes me how a game of football with no vested interest just isn’t the same - but is made so much worse with no atmosphere.

I’ve watched a few games from various leagues and I just can’t get into them at all. They’re like glorified training sessions. The Italian and Spanish games I watched had cried visuals and noises and it was a bit more tolerable than the Bundesliga games which have none of that. Fitba is a poor spectacle without fans. Can only imagine how grim the Scottish games will be 

Craig Gordon looks to be heading away from Celtic to Hearts, wonder if that will have any impact on us getting Doohan again.

I mean if he was to return that would be a 3rd year on loan at the same club which tbh is pretty uncommon

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye even though management team are on Furlough I’d still be very surprised if they  weren’t in regular contact with each other discussing signing targets etc. 

Main targets would have been getting sounded out months ago , I hope , but the longer you wait the more chance you have of getting gasumpt , on the plus side we should still be very attractive to young players with stalled careers , they just have to look at Rose and LS to see what good coaching and regular games can do for wasted  talent ...

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ve watched a few games from various leagues and I just can’t get into them at all. They’re like glorified training sessions. The Italian and Spanish games I watched had cried visuals and noises and it was a bit more tolerable than the Bundesliga games which have none of that. Fitba is a poor spectacle without fans. Can only imagine how grim the Scottish games will be 

My interest in football outside of Ayr United is minimal these days anyway, but I attempted to watch some of the EPL games and didn't manage to get through even one full game. They were absolutely rank.

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone been watching the English football with no fans - strange - very strange.

It still amazes me how a game of football with no vested interest just isn’t the same - but is made so much worse with no atmosphere.

Yes, football without fans is pretty pathetic and apart from the lack of atmosphere it also has a big effect on tempo which makes viewing very difficult at times.

Having said that, I have watched quite a few matches from a gambling perspective and have found that the bundesliga and la liga have looked the best so far, although the English are of course a few weeks behind from a fitness perspective.

I must admit though there's no way on earth I'd pay money to watch football without fans on the TV but as I have a pirate app it doesn't affect me that way.

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Surely you won't sign players till at least August why pay players now to do nothing .

Is it not the end of October we're talking about starting ? so in fact it may be worth waiting even longer, especially with the financial climate the way it is.

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Is it not the end of October we're talking about starting ? so in fact it may be worth waiting even longer, especially with the financial climate the way it is.

I think 17th October for league, and I'm sure I read that the league cup games would be at the start of October.  I'd imagine there will be a longer pre-season and maybe some more friendlies than usual, given the length of lay-off, so signing players throughout the tail-end of August might not be too far out. 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Stuck with the German fitba, can't get involved with the English football at all, the clubs just mean nothing to me. 

It is weird especially watching St Pauli where you might get a stream with no commentary and every now and then you just get a board member shouting 'SANKT PAULI!"

Especially when also on the same day watching Czech football where they have some social distanced fans making a racket. 

Won’t watch English football as the clubs mean nothing to you however will happily watch St. Pauli who also mean nothing to you other than they seem to be the hipster weirdo and Celtic fans choice. 

4 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I’ve watched a few games and I really don’t think it’s as bad as people make out. I’m not part of the anti English football brigade though. 

58 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Season starting October 7th with the league kicking off on 17th October. Watched a interview with Raith chairman and he was talking of a return to training mid August so I’d imagine we’d be similar and we’d want a decent part of the squad signed up by then. 

English Premier League is pretty dull at the best of times especially with the Merseyside Derby last night. There’s a couple of Championship sides which I like watching but I’ve mostly been watching the German stuff considering it was the first stuff back.

Not following a particular team but I liked in the beginning not knowing which teams were better than others as it meant you went into each game not really knowing what might happen.

Season starting October 7th with the league kicking off on 17th October. Watched a interview with Raith chairman and he was talking of a return to training mid August so I’d imagine we’d be similar and we’d want a decent part of the squad signed up by then. 

Aye I’m sure in last weeks AP it said “key employees” would be brought back in July or words to that effect. Would imagine that’ll only be Kerr, McArdle and maybe Stevie Maguire but that’s when the work for next season will begin.

Won’t watch English football as the clubs mean nothing to you however will happily watch St. Pauli who also mean nothing to you other than they seem to be the hipster weirdo and Celtic fans choice. 

I’ve watched a few games and I really don’t think it’s as bad as people make out. I’m not part of the anti English football brigade though. 

Chelsea and Hamburg fan, who’s your big team? :rolleyes:

They also meant f**k all until I went to see them. 

I think when football fans can’t get enthused for live games from the likes of Liverpool or Bayern, then what hope is there for the likes of Hamilton v St Mirren come Aug. As much as I love the Super, I wouldn’t spend more than £5 watching a stream from behind closed doors 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think when football fans can’t get enthused for live games from the likes of Liverpool or Bayern, then what hope is there for the likes of Hamilton v St Mirren come Aug. As much as I love the Super, I wouldn’t spend more than £5 watching a stream from behind closed doors 

Rangers seem to think they'll be able to have a small amount of fans in Ibrox by September and France is allowing max 5,000 crowds from next month i think so could be a chance we might be back in October (barring no second wave).

Problem with terracing though is there's no seats which could be easily marked out for which ones can and can't be used to maintain distance etc.

Edited by rb123!

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Rangers seem to think they'll be able to have a small amount of fans in Ibrox by September and France is allowing max 5,000 crowds from next month i think so could be a chance we might be back in October (barring no second wave).

Problem with terracing though is there's no seats which could be easily marked out for which ones can and can't be used to maintain distance etc.

I’d like to think we’d be able to do that. I watched a game from Norway last week and they had fans present (socially distanced of course). I think if clubs made it mandatory for people to wear face coverings then I see no reason why we couldn’t have fans allowed 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I don't know how many of you use an iptv app, however the South African "super sports" channel just shows how much the UK consumer is being ripped right off. They have 14 HD channels and have all the live English, Spanish & Italian matches that are on tonight plus live Tennis, Golf, F1 and various other events on their other channels. The picture quality is excellent and the commentary all in English. As for us, we'd need to pay for about 6 separate subscriptions and take out a bank loan just to pay the monthly TV bill !!!

I don't know how many of you use an iptv app, however the South African "super sports" channel just shows how much the UK consumer is being ripped right off. They have 14 HD channels and have all the live English, Spanish & Italian matches that are on tonight plus live Tennis, Golf, F1 and various other events on their other channels. The picture quality is excellent and the commentary all in English. As for us, we'd need to pay for about 6 separate subscriptions and take out a bank loan just to pay the monthly TV bill !!!
Which is why more of us are getting IPTV and cancelling sky sports.