The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Where is this land ? 
Over in Heathfield somewhere. Maybe it has been built on now I'm honestly not sure. Glad we never moved anyway. Would be like Airdrie or Clyde. Rubbish!

Rumours of Leeds and Bristol City sniffing about Michael Rose of Coventry City. Did he not ask for a 5% sell on clause to thank Ayr for his development so maybe a 6 figure sum given Coventry are now in Championship they will prob ask for decent fee. If he is that good surely must be in consideration for Scotland given the dross n depth we have at centre back. 

37 minutes ago, ftk said:
39 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:
Where is this land ? 

Over in Heathfield somewhere. Maybe it has been built on now I'm honestly not sure. Glad we never moved anyway. Would be like Airdrie or Clyde. Rubbish!

I was always under the impression that it was across the railway from Lochside. If it is, I walked past it today and it is just overgrown wastelands.

20200620_195310.jpg

14 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I was always under the impression that it was across the railway from Lochside. If it is, I walked past it today and it is just overgrown wastelands.

20200620_195310.jpg

Shhhh. The overgrowth is concealing the construction of our new stadium.

20200620_195310.thumb.jpg.2286d9fd8f021e32a4c5b38eb59180df.jpg
I thought it was behind Asda but maybe not.

Cameron did an interview with someone a few months ago which was on Spotify. I'm pretty sure he said in that about the land that is still owned at Heathfield but the preference long term was to sell it to a housing developer and use that money to buy out the land behind North terracing and build a new main stand that side.

No idea how much the Heathfield land was purchased for, at that time with the financial markets I'd imagine it was top end stupid money.

I am sure the land is owned by the Barr family, to be used for the building of a new ground only, I am sure Cameron was asked why we didn't sell it and use the money for the development of the club in a Q and A

It is probably why we had that guy Gilmour sniffing about, promising a new stadium as long as he built the cinema and restaurant complex first.