The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Pretty such McCall was the first to refer to a sell on clause. Might have been on Sportsound but neither Coventry or ourselves officially mentioned it when the deal was announced.

The idea of a sell on sounded strange at the time given our only involvement in the deal would be giving him permission to travel down for a medical and Coventry wouldn't be required to offer us anything.

Lets hope it's true.

It was supposedly because we were very cooperative with Coventry at the time and Rose insisted on it. I don’t see any reason why McCall would have lied about it although I’d be surprised if it was as much as 10%, I thought 5% was suggested at the time.

@third lanark

Were you not the guy suggesting massive redundancies at Partick Thistle across the playing and non playing staff if you were relegated with the tea lady being top of the list. What happened there? Has the fans fundraising and furlough avoided that?

My issue with Partick Thistle is the pointing the finger at other clubs for self-interest with no hint of irony. At one point your club even said you reluctantly accepted the decision and would focus on looking forward and weren't going to challenge it any further. That spirit lasted about an hour. When the decision was made not to null and void there had to be relegation as well as promotion. Some clubs gained out of it and some clubs lost. However, there was no easy option available and frankly reconstruction was never the answer and was never going to succeed.

As for the point that you may not play. In all likelihood League 1 & 2 will start up at the same time as the Championship (with a similarly truncated season) as the biggest barrier was the cost of testing which Anderson's money will provide. I'd imagine clarity on that will arrive in the next couple of weeks. 

In summary, sometimes you have to take one step back to go two steps forward. It sucks what happened to Thistle and others but you need to get over it and get on with it.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I don’t understand why they can start the championship in Oct but not League 1 and 2 

The cost of testing required is prohibitive to part time teams and most full time teams come to mention it.

The premier teams can survive on streaming revenue initially but the Championship clubs can not for a sustained period. The October start will possibly mean 4-8 games behind closed doors rather than 12-16 before a gradual introduction of fans. 

Yesterday was the first day since the middle of March we had under 1000 new cases in a day. Germany, Spain and Italy have been at that level and below for over a month, The Czech republic have been in double digits for the same period, All four nations are still playing games behind closed doors. 

The next Flu season is in September, so if this is likely to have a second wave, it will be clearer before the league kicks off what the situation will be. 

Maybe we will have Doc on-loan for some of next season, I can see Falkirk and Partick putting signed players out on loan where possible. 

Listening to yesterday’s sportsound podcast - never thought I’d see the day when I was in full agreement with Donald Findlay.  Never used to mind Tom English, but he has lost the place big time.  Seems to think he alone has the right to decide what is or isn’t fair or ethical.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Listening to yesterday’s sportsound podcast - never thought I’d see the day when I was in full agreement with Donald Findlay.  Never used to mind Tom English, but he has lost the place big time.  Seems to think he alone has the right to decide what is or isn’t fair or ethical.

Big Donald had Tam English on strings. A great listen 

Should we be expecting kit released today @Robbo63? Just wondering whether to turn my notifications on on twitter. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Big Donald had Tam English on strings. A great listen 

Should we be expecting kit released today @Robbo63? Just wondering whether to turn my notifications on on twitter. 

There will be something on Twitter today I would think 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

The problem is for us and Stranraer it doesn’t look like there will be an upcoming season 

Based on? Because that's not what I'm hearing. I've spoken to both the Chairman of a League 2 club and a director of a League 1 club in the last week and both told me it was expected they would be returning on Oct 17th also.

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

I agree we were absolutely rubbish (though I think QOS were equally awful)

Don’t think under the circumstances we have been tedious at all with our moaning.  We have only appeared in the media a few times. The demotion of 2 points behind with a game in hand is unfair under any circumstances.

Well no, we were 0.04 pts per game less awful.

I agree Thistle haven't been tedious at all. I'd have expected more comment than they've made to be honest. I do think the last two paragraphs of yesterday's statement were self serving and unreasonable but given the circumstances understandable. I've said all along Thistle had far more grounds for complaint than Hearts or Stranraer had.

The cost of testing required is prohibitive to part time teams and most full time teams come to mention it.
The premier teams can survive on streaming revenue initially but the Championship clubs can not for a sustained period. The October start will possibly mean 4-8 games behind closed doors rather than 12-16 before a gradual introduction of fans. 
Yesterday was the first day since the middle of March we had under 1000 new cases in a day. Germany, Spain and Italy have been at that level and below for over a month, The Czech republic have been in double digits for the same period, All four nations are still playing games behind closed doors. 
The next Flu season is in September, so if this is likely to have a second wave, it will be clearer before the league kicks off what the situation will be. 
Maybe we will have Doc on-loan for some of next season, I can see Falkirk and Partick putting signed players out on loan where possible. 
Scottish news cases per day are very low. Are you taking uk wide?

Scottish cases have been under 50 I'm sure for a while I'm sure.

It's what's surely going to help our test and trace system stay on top of any minor outbreak (well, that and the fact that ours is an nhs led thing as opposed to the crooks of serco down south).

Scottish news cases per day are very low. Are you taking uk wide?

Scottish cases have been under 50 I'm sure for a while I'm sure.

It's what's surely going to help our test and trace system stay on top of any minor outbreak (well, that and the fact that ours is an nhs led thing as opposed to the crooks of serco down south).

Although we are different I would expect us to go pretty much hand in hand with the rest of the UK, within a week or two with each other over changes to restrictions.
Although the cases are lower in Scotland, there is no border or specific quarantine restrictions in crossing it so using UK figures are more realistic. Even Central Europe lifted its restrictions at the same time, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary had a coordinated easing.
The track and trace will only work if people either test positive or are hospitalised and are then honest with details and don’t then go out in public.
It is all new data and no one really knows how successful it will be but the government will presumably err on the side of caution as doing it wrong will render everything up to now pointless