The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If we had been in Patrick's position, I'm sure we as fans and Lachlan as chairman would've just toddled back to L1 without so much as a whimper or any mention of Neil McCann's favourite saying on Sportsound "sporting chance".

We would have barely got a mention on Sportsound or the papers though

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I don't doubt we wouldn't have been happy and yet I expect we would have accepted it by now.

The vote was 2 months ago now and Hearts & Partick need to move on for the good of the game. Blaming every other club and accusing them of self interest is becoming laughable. Its also flipped many clubs and fans from empathy and sympathy to hostility to both now.

Its a global pandemic and football is a small thing in that context. There was no fair way to end the league but PPG was probably about the fairest (in my opinion). We lost out on a shot at promotion via the playoffs as did many other clubs and have accepted it. Even Falkirk who were properly in the hunt for the L1 title and arguably on recent form the favourites. They have reluctantly accepted it as should Partick and Hearts. 

Is it reasonable to expect Partick to move on silently when in addition to lapping up relegation they don’t even know if their own league is running yet? 

Is it reasonable to expect Partick to move on silently when in addition to lapping up relegation they don’t even know if their own league is running yet? 

Yes

And it now looks like they’ll have no option but to sit down and shut up.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes

And it now looks like they’ll have no option but to sit down and shut up.

Well if it were Ayr I wouldn’t be expecting the club to take it lightly particularly in light of the voting process around Dundee  

Well if it were Ayr I wouldn’t be expecting the club to take it lightly particularly in light of the voting process around Dundee  

There was nothing wrong with Dundee.

They were legally allowed to change their vote and they did so. A court is unlikely to find any fault there.

8 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

There is nothing that can be done  about it ,it’s a members club vote ,  courts will not entertain any appeals , no point throwing money at it 

As much as I wanted Partick relegated as a GIRFUY to McCall, with a game in hand they’ve a right to be aggrieved. It’s been one farce after another and as usual it makes Scottish football look tinpot, but now is the time to draw a line under Hearts, Partick and Stranraer and lets get clubs prepared for the upcoming season.

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

There is nothing that can be done  about it ,it’s a members club vote ,  courts will not entertain any appeals , no point throwing money at it 

Despite any rights or wrongs of the situation it would be difficult for any club in our league to pursue legal action due to finances. Part of the reason the league can do what they want is no comeback as they know clubs live from month to month. Hopefully we get to find out the answer now if Hearts let Partick and Stranraer join in for free. It will be good for a light to be shone on the people running our game for once