The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

The next major stumbling block is how these early games will be broadcast to fans.

Once that is decided then season tickets can be put on sale and transfer budgets can be set

Aye they'll need to update the broadband package at Somerset!

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Less time for us to f**k up after a good start. Ideal

Glass half full.

5 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It also shortens the period where we play well! From November onwards we have turned the same as the weather

Glass half empty.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The optimist in me is thinking one of the reasons they could be delaying it till October is the hope by then they will be able to get fans in. 

Unless the so called second wave appears then I see absolutely no reason to start without fans. If they want us to be cautious then have us be 1 metre apart,/and or wearing face coverings 

22 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Out of all the models suggested so far this is the only one that I’m not totally against. It means no teams are getting punished with relegation and Kelty and Brora get promoted. Will still be a bit of sickner if ICT are promoted.

That being said, f**k Ian McCall and f**k Jacqui Low. 

29 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I can’t believe Lachlan would agree to it

He has said already that he would not agree to reconstructing that did not increase league to minimum 18 , would be very surprised if he was to change his mind 

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

This is the same guy who was live on the radio with Lachlan and said to him about how he 'understood' that Championship clubs had agreed on something and Lachlan straight up replied 'no we haven't' so i'd take this with a pinch of salt.

Not too bothered tbh if the proposal did go through cause even though Inverness were to go up they'd be gash as they've lost their best players to pre-contracts and would be strong favourites to come back down.

Doubt it'll pass 11-1 Premiership vote though. Be a good laugh when it comes down to St Mirren and Hamilton deciding the fate of Hearts confined to the second tier, seeth will be glorious. 

Edited by rb123!

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Fs I really hope Hearts don’t get a reprive. Ann Budge has acted like a spoilt child throughout all this. She wouldn’t be pushing for reconstruction if it was Hamilton or St Mirren at the bottom. Under the plans he mentioned would it also save Thistle? If so get that to fck 

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fs I really hope Hearts don’t get a reprive. Ann Budge has acted like a spoilt child throughout all this. She wouldn’t be pushing for reconstruction if it was Hamilton or St Mirren at the bottom. Under the plans he mentioned would it also save Thistle? If so get that to fck 

Yes it's pathetic, they just keep returning with the same proposition coupled with the narrative of the hard luck story from their friends in the media, that scottish football is killing them, BUT, they are willing to give us all yet ANOTHER opportunity to make amends, save them, and we all live happily ever after.

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

League reconstruction but Hearts and Partick Thistle to be relegated three divisions each.

giphy.gif.8b6909f3dcaf0b07b629766fe6f35c4d.gif

13 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Unless the so called second wave appears then I see absolutely no reason to start without fans. If they want us to be cautious then have us be 1 metre apart,/and or wearing face coverings 

At the pace things are now moving (isle of man has lifted all restrictions and is back to BAU), i can't see any issue whatsoever of having fans back by the time the season restarts, unless of course there is a second wave.

Over and above this we have a 10,000 capacity stadium with an average crowd of under 2,000, so again, even with social distancing remaining in place, there is no real barriers to us recommencing with fans back in the ground.

The longer this relegation saga is dragging on, the less time I'm having for the likes of Partick, initially I thought it was pretty unfair / unfortunate, however the fact remains that they were bottom of the league for virtually the entire season and had ample opportunity to escape, especially as they splashed the cash in January, the fact remains however that they were incapable of doing so and as a result have paid the price.

There is no conspiracy, nobody is "kicking anyone when they're down", nobody is "settling old scores" and this whole whingeing episode from Hearts and Thistle is now becoming both tedious and rather embarrassing for all concerned.

Get them down and let's draw a line under this shambolic episode.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

The longer this relegation saga is dragging on, the less time I'm having for the likes of Partick, initially I thought it was pretty unfair / unfortunate, however the fact remains that they were bottom of the league for virtually the entire season and had ample opportunity to escape, especially as they splashed the cash in January, the fact remains however that they were incapable of doing so and as a result have paid the price.

There is no conspiracy, nobody is "kicking anyone when they're down", nobody is "settling old scores" and this whole whingeing episode from Hearts and Thistle is now becoming both tedious and rather embarrassing for all concerned.

Get them down and let's draw a line under this shambolic episode.

If we had been in Patrick's position, I'm sure we as fans and Lachlan as chairman would've just toddled back to L1 without so much as a whimper or any mention of Neil McCann's favourite saying on Sportsound "sporting chance".

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If we had been in Patrick's position, I'm sure we as fans and Lachlan as chairman would've just toddled back to L1 without so much as a whimper or any mention of Neil McCann's favourite saying on Sportsound "sporting chance".

I don't doubt we wouldn't have been happy and yet I expect we would have accepted it by now.

The vote was 2 months ago now and Hearts & Partick need to move on for the good of the game. Blaming every other club and accusing them of self interest is becoming laughable. Its also flipped many clubs and fans from empathy and sympathy to hostility to both now.

Its a global pandemic and football is a small thing in that context. There was no fair way to end the league but PPG was probably about the fairest (in my opinion). We lost out on a shot at promotion via the playoffs as did many other clubs and have accepted it. Even Falkirk who were properly in the hunt for the L1 title and arguably on recent form the favourites. They have reluctantly accepted it as should Partick and Hearts.