The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Get me a minimum of 10 league goals from his replacement. Good luck. 

Craig Conway was literally hounded out of the club before going onto have a career that flew in the face of the  online experts. 

I don't believe Forrest will go onto have the same career before anyone asks but what I do think is fair to say is that wide players can often be under appreciated.

Your perma-rager postings are quite something to behold these days

Not good enough for Celtic = Shite

He played for Ayr and won a move to Livingston based on him having the quality to be a top end Championship player, if he was consistently his best in every game, he'd be playing for Celtic.  

I have lauded Forrest on here for years, the amount of appearances and goals he has made for Ayr to this point is remarkable. I expect him to be back in 2-3 years. He, like Robbie Crawford were a constant in several dreadful Ayr teams over the last 6-7 years and have outlasted dozens of better paid players with higher reputations that were shown up and hunted. Those two and Moffat kept us from relegation through the Roberts era and I was sorry to see him go but glad he has the chance to play at a higher level.

But good enough for Celtic? No

14 hours ago, rb123! said:

Partick fans are trying to say he was garbage. However I'd take him as a replacement for Forrest

Zanatta is worse than garbage. He is everything that's wrong with modern-day footballers, he has no good attitude about him at all. One of the most uncommitted players, we've had in recent years (and there's been a lot) He's also not anywhere close to Forrest's level. 
Zanatta had a good debut, ironically, against Ayr, he's been poor, if not dreadful ever since. 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would say Stainrod era at the earliest but I can't remember if maybe Burley had anyone in for 1-2 games on loan. I would take a guess at Jullian Dowe. I think he signed before Justin Jackson in the early 90's. Until then, Ayr were part time so unlikely to tempt anyone that hadn't came through the ranks in Scottish football by that point. 

I thought it was Justin Jackson but wasn't 100% sure. The early 90s were before my time.

I find it strange people saying on Twitter and such places that Zanatta doesn’t have the heart or desire for a relegation fight when he was one of Alloa’s best players and top scorer (might be wrong there) when they were also in a relegation fight and managed to survive.

Really hope he’s not going to be written off after one bad season where that Partick Thistle side were full of worse players. He’d be a more than good signing for a team in this league although he is a different type of player to Forrest but realistically we ain’t getting a like for like replacement there.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I find it strange people saying on Twitter and such places that Zanatta doesn’t have the heart or desire for a relegation fight when he was one of Alloa’s best players and top scorer (might be wrong there) when they were also in a relegation fight and managed to survive.

Really hope he’s not going to be written off after one bad season where that Partick Thistle side were full of worse players. He’d be a more than good signing for a team in this league although he is a different type of player to Forrest but realistically we ain’t getting a like for like replacement there.

He was one of the worst. Although your point about Alloa, is correct, he was quite decent for them, to be fair. But based on his stint with us, to succeed in the game, he'll need to be a lot more committed to the cause,  especially at the level, he'll be playing at. 

See in England they're talking of extending the transfer window until October.
Image if that happens up here, 4 months of false rumours on P&B with 99% inevitably turning into nothing. 

Just as long as dryhorse and the tartan Tammy character stays away! Don’t think I can cope with 4 months of suggestions from the juniors and the Irish league

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Your perma-rager postings are quite something to behold these days

Not good enough for Celtic = Shite

He played for Ayr and won a move to Livingston based on him having the quality to be a top end Championship player, if he was consistently his best in every game, he'd be playing for Celtic.  

I have lauded Forrest on here for years, the amount of appearances and goals he has made for Ayr to this point is remarkable. I expect him to be back in 2-3 years. He, like Robbie Crawford were a constant in several dreadful Ayr teams over the last 6-7 years and have outlasted dozens of better paid players with higher reputations that were shown up and hunted. Those two and Moffat kept us from relegation through the Roberts era and I was sorry to see him go but glad he has the chance to play at a higher level.

But good enough for Celtic? No

Conway hater outed.....😂😂

Don't quite kno how you manage to judge me and my mood from a largely positive post that bemoans losing a talented homegrown player from the squad, but fair play. 

👍

Edited by BukyOHare

My friend asked me tonight who our first black player was. Does anyone have any idea?
Ally McLeod had a guy on trial who had played for the US Olympic team. I'm sure his name was Bernie Livrefois or something but I can find no evidence of that name at all. He played a few reserve games and looked pretty decent.

After that George Burley had a youth player called Cortez Clarke who made some sub appearances.

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

It shows how badly handled things have been here (ie the kid on lockdown, that wasn't actually a lockdown) when were not back until October, yet if you take New Zealand for example, they are done and dusted and are back playing sport in front of full stadiums form this weekend

12 hours ago, CaledonianChamp said:

Any chance of Kelly returning on loan when next season gets started?

That would be good, but I read he’s perhaps going to Ross County on loan in exchange for one of their loan players

37 minutes ago, honestly united said:

It shows how badly handled things have been here (ie the kid on lockdown, that wasn't actually a lockdown) when were not back until October, yet if you take New Zealand for example, they are done and dusted and are back playing sport in front of full stadiums form this weekend

NZ also closed their borders in March. Absolutely perplexing that we’re just making passengers quarantine from yesterday 

4 hours ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Ally McLeod had a guy on trial who had played for the US Olympic team. I'm sure his name was Bernie Livrefois or something but I can find no evidence of that name at all. He played a few reserve games and looked pretty decent.

After that George Burley had a youth player called Cortez Clarke who made some sub appearances.

Bernie Lilavois

52 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That would be good, but I read he’s perhaps going to Ross County on loan in exchange for one of their loan players

And who on earth would Rangers be wanting to sign from Ross County exactly? 

40 minutes ago, rb123! said:

They've got a young striker called James Graham who a lot of clubs have been linked with this summer. 

1 hour ago, Tigerland said:

Looks like Dunfermline are about to lose Nesbit with Dundee United ready to make a fresh bid . With the Pars being one of our play off rivals , any advantage is useful .......

Bit of a gamble taking Nesbit to the Premiership IMO. Especially when they already have Clark and Shankland.

Plus think we need to worry more about our own squad, losing Docherty and Forrest and possibly Kelly and Doohan makes our squad look pretty poor on paper if everyone signs on for next season. 

Only quality players really left from the team McCall built could be Moff, Moore, Murdoch and possibly Harvie. 

Going to be a big ask next season considering in the last year we've lost Smith, Rose, McDaid, Crawford, Docherty, Forrest and Shankland and possibly Doohan and Harvie. That's almost enough for a starting XI in itself. 

Huge job Kerr has on his hands. 

I'm not too optimistic for the forthcoming season tbh, thought LC was optimistic saying we'd be challenging with Hearts, Inverness and Dundee for promotion. Hope i'm proved wrong.

Edited by rb123!

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

6 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

They've got a young striker called James Graham who a lot of clubs have been linked with this summer. 

Yeah Im sure that’s the lads name. It was in the Record so take from that what you will